Sponsored

What to do here - all 4 wheels off the gound

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Assuming you are alone and there is no place to winch to. Do you put it in 4L autopilot at the lowest speed and go sit on the tailgate to give it traction?

This is why I think going at a crawling pace is not always a good idea. With some momentum could have made it?

nc_oc=AQkm4QJ5ucRtPsFO1UzJjYouSjmjuVP_C7fBtBXrNCnHZOSpJEOS9jMrcrSR6w2ciHc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Assuming you are alone and there is no place to winch to. Do you put it in 4L autopilot at the lowest speed and go sit on the tailgate to give it traction?

nc_oc=AQkm4QJ5ucRtPsFO1UzJjYouSjmjuVP_C7fBtBXrNCnHZOSpJEOS9jMrcrSR6w2ciHc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
OMG HAHAHA (sorry dont mean to laugh but im having horrible flashbacks)... i did the EXACT same thing i ended up have to get pulled out by another truck. i was alone had to guide another vehicle in with a strap to pull me out. i had 2 people boucing on tail with no luck, tried same thing on front still no luck. it was totally sitting on the frame rails.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Hey @PyrPatriot is this your stuck truck? Oops! How did you get unstuck!
Unfortunately not. See my profile pic has a Destroyer Grey JT and the one pictured is red. It came across from a FB group and made me wonder, yah, how DO you get unstuck?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Gotcha. Had not noticed that. In answer to your question I can only suggest a winch at both ends. One thing my brothers has a rear winch on his truck that plugs into his trailer hitch. This way he can winch out from either end. He never gets stuck anywhere.

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
you would have somebody stand on the rear bumper and jump up and down as you are trying to drive out. the other option have a buddy with another vehicle use a tow strap and pull it, takes like 30 seconds that way.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
If ya look close at the pic. Driver had the right idea. Tuck the used tires or your spare behind the front tire(s) and put it in reverse. As the front tire crawls up onto the used tire it will lift the front end a bit, hopefully enough to get the truck off the frame rails and drive backwards down the incline. Once back down, pick a different line or “give it the beans!” Lol

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
A good jack would work there. Jack it up and get something under the tires (like those other tires)
Sponsored