Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Getting closer...in KZ status since Friday. Hoping to have it by Thanksgiving, but if not Oh well.

Stock photo
zSay5LSaZ3UzwWE6Whu9GxmqMqk1dnAt%25&&pov=summaryext1&width=1200&height=600&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg
I suspect you will love that blue!
Mine's just an Overland, but still........ love that blue! So did a friend who saw it today. In fact he liked the truck and had a friend who was looking for a mid-sized truck and said this is something his friend would love.

jt-lft-at-home.jpg

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Red dash Hydros are out there now. Has anyone taken delivery of one?

83D2583A-DADE-4F4B-8008-BA4A07A68613.jpeg
There have been a couple here that got the red dash. Can’t remember their names though.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
26723076360563.jpeg
26723076352237.jpeg
26723076352305.jpeg
My salesman sent me these photos...the truck arrived.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Swung by to check it out. Probably pick it up Monday evening.

20191123_130409.jpg
20191123_130510.jpg
20191123_130524.jpg
20191123_130431.jpg

UpNorth2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S; In the past: 1946 CJ2A, 1972 CJ5, 1997 TJ, 1971 Bronco, 1972 Land Rover 109 2A, 1986 Samurai
It was on a truck in Toledo Sunday night. It arrived there at Stew Hansen this AM, Tuesday. They prepped it today.
I have to go back with it next week for the undercoating and a couple of other things.
It was dark, cold and windy when I drove it home tonight so I didn't get to look at it really - but sure will tomorrow!
ANY INSIGHTS RE UNDERCOATING? I'm up in salt county (northern MN) and thinking this is a must do. Thoughts re best product and process to search out? THX!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ANY INSIGHTS RE UNDERCOATING? I'm up in salt county (northern MN) and thinking this is a must do. Thoughts re best product and process to search out? THX!
I've actually had good luck with the outfit the dealers use here for their "protection package". They cover things without covering too much and it's on there good. I also get a 7 year rust warranty with it. (perforation and surface)
There are other processes, some claim to be better than others, but to me it's the coverage - how well are things covered, was the vehicle spotless when it was applied, no rust to begin with, that sort of thing. Keeping the water and chemicals out is the big thing.
Pay special attention that drain holes and passages are left open so water can't be trapped in boxed areas, watch for body panel seams - in older vehicles floor pans were made up of multiple panels lapped over each other and spot welded. They usually had enough gap that silt, sand, salt and water could get in there and the dirt and dust and crud kept things wet - and the floor pans rusted at the over-lapped seams even if the centers were fine.

When doing my own vehicles such as after repairs or taking care of things not done by others in prior decades, I use the best 3M I can get in a spray can. If there's any rust at all, even a trace, I use a rust CONVERTER. I do not believe in "encapsulating". I prefer to kill and seal after it's dead. A good converter is tannin based, organic, and literally converts surface rust to an inert material, then you seal it up. People and organizations preserving old artifacts like buildings with wrought iron rails and fancy metal work use those converters and have written extensively about it.

This is an example of a rusted floor where things got trapped between layers - I cut the rusted piece out, cleaned the brace below - which is black because the rust converter I used converted the rust and turned it black. I used a weld-through primer, welded a patch in place, and fixed the stress cracks and sealed the area below with 3M undercoating in a spray can. This rusted from the bottom UP because there was enough space for dust, dirt, salt and water to get trapped between the layers below - that's what undercoating is to help prevent.
Nothing is perfect, but my experience restoring and collecting cars - it helps.

floor-patch-right_3851.jpg

UpNorth2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S; In the past: 1946 CJ2A, 1972 CJ5, 1997 TJ, 1971 Bronco, 1972 Land Rover 109 2A, 1986 Samurai
I've actually had good luck with the outfit the dealers use here for their "protection package". They cover things without covering too much and it's on there good. I also get a 7 year rust warranty with it. (perforation and surface)
There are other processes, some claim to be better than others, but to me it's the coverage - how well are things covered, was the vehicle spotless when it was applied, no rust to begin with, that sort of thing. Keeping the water and chemicals out is the big thing.
Pay special attention that drain holes and passages are left open so water can't be trapped in boxed areas, watch for body panel seams - in older vehicles floor pans were made up of multiple panels lapped over each other and spot welded. They usually had enough gap that silt, sand, salt and water could get in there and the dirt and dust and crud kept things wet - and the floor pans rusted at the over-lapped seams even if the centers were fine.

When doing my own vehicles such as after repairs or taking care of things not done by others in prior decades, I use the best 3M I can get in a spray can. If there's any rust at all, even a trace, I use a rust CONVERTER. I do not believe in "encapsulating". I prefer to kill and seal after it's dead. A good converter is tannin based, organic, and literally converts surface rust to an inert material, then you seal it up. People and organizations preserving old artifacts like buildings with wrought iron rails and fancy metal work use those converters and have written extensively about it.

This is an example of a rusted floor where things got trapped between layers - I cut the rusted piece out, cleaned the brace below - which is black because the rust converter I used converted the rust and turned it black. I used a weld-through primer, welded a patch in place, and fixed the stress cracks and sealed the area below with 3M undercoating in a spray can. This rusted from the bottom UP because there was enough space for dust, dirt, salt and water to get trapped between the layers below - that's what undercoating is to help prevent.
Nothing is perfect, but my experience restoring and collecting cars - it helps.

floor-patch-right_3851.jpg
Good info, thanks! A Line-X shop near me also does undercoating. Quoted $995 for Line-x interior of truck box and underside coating. They mentioned that the Line-X sets up in minutes, but they keep the vehicle for 24 hours for undercoating. Same guys have been doing this for 20 years. Your thoughts re price and any questions I should ask? (My JT is expected in mid-December and I'll get it in for the coatings as soon as it arrives.) Again, thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good info, thanks! A Line-X shop near me also does undercoating. Quoted $995 for Line-x interior of truck box and underside coating. They mentioned that the Line-X sets up in minutes, but they keep the vehicle for 24 hours for undercoating. Same guys have been doing this for 20 years. Your thoughts re price and any questions I should ask? (My JT is expected in mid-December and I'll get it in for the coatings as soon as it arrives.) Again, thanks!
My opinion is that it's not a bad price. They couldn't get mine in until a week after I picked it up so I made sure the bottom was clean and dry when I took it back in to have the undercoating done. Amazing to find a shop where the same people have been involved for more than a couple of years. Turn-over is horrible these days in some of these businesses. If they've been around that long then they know what NOT to coat and what they need to coat.

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 9/10, built 9/28, finally home 11/22..
Changed out the antenna, headlight bulbs (what a pain!), “Jeep” badge on tailgate, and took off the side stickers. Also had to toss on my hitch insert before it left the dealers lot!

4DFC7FBC-D4C6-4943-9916-3F8C4AA780F4.jpeg

93A782E0-A24B-4130-97F6-F6C2912308CD.jpeg

207861AA-B741-48C4-AA37-8AD1C1192D27.jpeg

39DFAFB9-5B84-4038-B442-7E76D24D685A.jpeg

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Finished up a deal on a Hydro Rubicon with a grey dash. Ended up at 4% under invoice. Picking it up next week and will post pics.

Deleted member 24880

Ordered 9/10, built 9/28, finally home 11/22..
Changed out the antenna, headlight bulbs (what a pain!), “Jeep” badge on tailgate, and took off the side stickers. Also had to toss on my hitch insert before it left the dealers lot!

207861AA-B741-48C4-AA37-8AD1C1192D27.jpeg

Love the GLADIATOR badging and that hitch insert is great!!!

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Brought it home today.

Installed a proclip phone holder and Quadratec 16" stubby antenna

20191125_195826.jpg