Sponsored

Figuring or weighing trailer tongue weight?

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
I personally use the cat scales and I'll be using the Haul Gauge once I get it to see how accurate it is.

Cat scale is super easy with the app they provide. All done through the app even reweigh. No need to go in the store for a printout nor talk to the attendant. Here's a sample output with my my cargo trailer:

1568396245.png

If you use the app, they just email you the above.

As you can see, I have a tongue weight problem with that trailer. Long story for another thread.

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally use the cat scales and I'll be using the Haul Gauge once I get it to see how accurate it is.

Cat scale is super easy with the app they provide. All done through the app even reweigh. No need to go in the store for a printout nor talk to the attendant. Here's a sample output with my my cargo trailer:

1568396245.png

If you use the app, they just email you the above.

As you can see, I have a tongue weight problem with that trailer. Long story for another thread.
Was that the Gladiator or a different truck?

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Have no idea where to find cat scales around here. Best I can find that's called a CAT scale is at the vet's office. Seriously, other than going to the interstate and pulling into an open weigh station in line with all the 18 wheelers, have no idea.
You don't want to mess with those OTR guys waiting to get through and on their way again and the only other places would be the coop elevator scales - and those, too, are busy if they are open.

Sponsored

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Have no idea where to find cat scales around here. Best I can find that's called a CAT scale is at the vet's office. Seriously, other than going to the interstate and pulling into an open weigh station in line with all the 18 wheelers, have no idea.
You don't want to mess with those OTR guys waiting to get through and on their way again and the only other places would be the coop elevator scales - and those, too, are busy if they are open.
CAT Scale has an app for your smart phone. There's actually two of them. One helps you find a cat scale near you and the other is what you use when you're at the CAT scale.

Here's a Screenshot of the app that helps you find a cat scale:

Screenshot_20191124-180847.png

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
CAT Scale has an app for your smart phone. There's actually two of them. One helps you find a cat scale near you and the other is what you use when you're at the CAT scale.

Here's a Screenshot of the app that helps you find a cat scale:

Screenshot_20191124-180847.png
THANK YOU! Very helpful.
Sponsored