Sponsored

GATOR Gladiator JT Club

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Is there enough of the rail sticking out to act as a step?
only if you upgrade to the mopar performance parts rock rails, as they are a few inches wider than the stock rubicon rock rails

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
nice, thanks. Ive hear quite a few people shearing off the body mount bolts when trying to remove them on the JL
there are aftermarket rock rails that use the body mounts. and I've read the same about breaking the bolts during that process.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
upload_2019-11-22_19-29-32.jpeg

Finally, hauling the stock Rubi parts home in the 2" Mopar lift crate. GATOR GATOR GATOR!!!
Which rock rails did you go with?

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Which rock rails did you go with?
@canyonrat - I should have kept reading. I now see I was not the only one asking the question.

How do you like the Ace Engineering Rock Sliders? I have had a set on order for a few weeks.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
@canyonrat - I should have kept reading. I now see I was not the only one asking the question.

How do you like the Ace Engineering Rock Sliders? I have had a set on order for a few weeks.
Ace rock sliders are great, I had a set on my JK for years as well. They make a good step for getting in a lifted jeep. With the 2" Mopar lift installed I needed them on first thing so my wife could get in easier. They are also functional protection for offroading but TBH I never was in the mode of scraping over stuff in my JK even though I drove over some seriously rocky trails a few times here in CO. No dangly hoop steps to catch on rocks.

They are seriously heavy as well though so at least 100lbs for the pair or more. And be prepared to wrestle the body mount bolts for the install unless you have a pro-level impact wrench with a lot of torque.

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know what RAL color is closest to matching Gator Clearcoat? I'm looking at ordering a Rooftop Tent that will let you pick from the official RAL colors, but hiik how to match other than look and guess! My closest guess is 6008 (Black Green) or 6020 (Chrome Green). Greens are notoriously hard to match, and getting it wrong would be a big $ mistake (I guess I could always vinyl wrap it black...)

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Does anyone know what RAL color is closest to matching Gator Clearcoat? I'm looking at ordering a Rooftop Tent that will let you pick from the official RAL colors, but hiik how to match other than look and guess! My closest guess is 6008 (Black Green) or 6020 (Chrome Green). Greens are notoriously hard to match, and getting it wrong would be a big $ mistake (I guess I could always vinyl wrap it black...)
I don't think you're even close with either of your guesses. I'd say it's closer to 6013. What brand tent will color match like that?

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I find it's often better to get a complementary color than try to match and end up clashing.

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it's often better to get a complementary color than try to match and end up clashing.
Yeah, I was going from memory, which fades :)

James Baroud will color match their shells, but only using the RAL colors.

And yes, futzin', I should just go with black to match my fenders, top, and rack. Or maybe match Rubi Red. :)

I was just wondering how close I could come to a match!

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't get my wife to weigh in on the color until the salesman left us alone. Once he walked away, she admitted she liked the color, but she didn't want him to know that because he'd "likely turn up the pressure to buy right now." She's not wrong. Most of those sales guys make the buying experience much more unpleasant than it needs to be.

My teenage son is really pushing for color matched roof and fenders. I really do prefer the look of the black hardtop. I'm undecided on the fenders. I think I'd like it either way. I'm also planning on going with the Rubicon. Man, I can't wait!
I'm glad you guys are so excited! I know that I was very eager to get my gator. I have only had it for five days now, and I bet I've had that many people stop me in parking lots to say how great it looked.

I went with black fenders/roof since I plan on having an overland rack and rooftop tent in black as well. Besides, I'll probably get my first "pinstripe" caused by roadside limbs and brush before the weekend is out. I bought this thing to use it after all!

I'm thinking about some vinyl work like the Wayout prototype.
2019-moab-jeep-gladiator-wayout-overland-truck-1024x662-1024x662.jpg

I'll likely go with black on the hood where that depression goes around and black on the tailgate in the depression as well. I think I'll get subtle cartographic contour lines relieved in an almost black shade of the Gator color in the black vinyl to hint at its Overlanding purpose. My better half has nixed the tan roof/tent of the Wayout, and I think she's right on that.

@darksidedesign, it looks like you are a graphic artist, what do you think? Does that spark any ideas with you?
Sponsored