Help me out with 2 in mopar lift

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
So I have a Max Tow. I got my mopar lift in mail a couple days ago. I am going to purchase 37 in tires on or before black friday. I also have a rugged ridge arcus bumper. Everything will be going on in december. Can everyone help me out with what else is needed to complete the mopar 2 in lift. I already have major complaints with my steering as others have. So I would like to possibly rectify that problem while installing the lift. All opinions and knowledge is welcome, especially from those that have this set up.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a Max Tow. I got my mopar lift in mail a couple days ago. I am going to purchase 37 in tires on or before black friday. I also have a rugged ridge arcus bumper. Everything will be going on in december. Can everyone help me out with what else is needed to complete the mopar 2 in lift. I already have major complaints with my steering as others have. So I would like to possibly rectify that problem while installing the lift. All opinions and knowledge is welcome, especially from those that have this set up.
My only suggestion is to get the steering issues fixed by the dealer, before changing the tires or adding the lift.

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
My only suggestion is to get the steering issues fixed by the dealer, before changing the tires or adding the lift.
Already took it in. Argued with them. Asked them to flash the steering control module which many stated was probably the issue, but they stated that they could not do so until there was a recall. But I got it recorded on paper before I do all this. Which is what I really wanted, because I knew they would do nothing.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Already took it in. Argued with them. Asked them to flash the steering control module which many stated was probably the issue, but they stated that they could not do so until there was a recall. But I got it recorded on paper before I do all this. Which is what I really wanted, because I knew they would do nothing.
so it seems most of the steering issues are corrected with a new steering stabilizer, there should be some threads on it, and the heavier duty mopar one seems to have good reviews to. I went to 34" tires on my max tow with a 2.5" lift and I can tell I will need new wheels as I still get a little rubbing with moderate articulation. A little wheel offset will fix this, but I use mine to play off road more than anything, and to tow my 4k lbs travel trailer.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Curious, does the addition of the Mopar 2 inch lift affect the towing and cargo capabilities of the max tow package?

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
personally I think its better, the tires I have now have a load range of "E" where the stock tires had no rating, and were the old tread design, with a skimpy side wall and shallow tread depth. I didn't want to go to much bigger and like what I got. fuel economy went in the toilet, but, my JT is for playing, not for city driving or mall crawling. you can PM me if you have any questions too.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Take it in for a baseline alignment to see what your caster is. After your lift install put some Rancho Geometry Correction brackets, or a competitive product, and adjust them to 5-5.5 degrees of caster and never look back.

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
so it seems most of the steering issues are corrected with a new steering stabilizer, there should be some threads on it, and the heavier duty mopar one seems to have good reviews to. I went to 34" tires on my max tow with a 2.5" lift and I can tell I will need new wheels as I still get a little rubbing with moderate articulation. A little wheel offset will fix this, but I use mine to play off road more than anything, and to tow my 4k lbs travel trailer.
What is your set up with wheels and tires?

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Take it in for a baseline alignment to see what your caster is. After your lift install put some Rancho Geometry Correction brackets, or a competitive product, and adjust them to 5-5.5 degrees of caster and never look back.
Ill do this before the lift. Do you happen to know where the caster should be stock?

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Look into the synergy trac-bar/steering box brace. It helped my steering issues significantly.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
A quality front track bar and some adjustable front lower arms will clean up steering and responsiveness and help to complete the kit.

Reactions: jrf

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
A quality front track bar and some adjustable front lower arms will clean up steering and responsiveness and help to complete the kit.
Care to comment on what the specs of that caster SHOULD be with those quality lower arms? :)

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Look into the synergy trac-bar/steering box brace. It helped my steering issues significantly.
Were you having the steering issues that some were having? Do you have a lift?

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
Personally I haven't seen the "need" for anything else on my JT; I "want" to get a front adjustable track bar to help correct how much of the tire shows on left/right.

I have a 2" Mopar lift with 37" tires and have never experienced steering issues, that's with 2500 miles. When I left the dealership my tires were set to 35 PSI. The Mopar lift has longer lower front control arms to correct the geometry back to stock. This is on my JT and mileage will very on a different vehicle.
Sponsored