First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Can you show us a picture of what you are talking about?
Do not have a photo. It`s the metal sleeve-bushing that the bolts that hold the control arms to the frame and axle go thru. The bolt dia. is larger than the inner sleeve-bushing dia. so i cannot connect the lower control arm to the frame and axle. I`m calling Daystar tomorrow.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Do not have a photo. It`s the metal sleeve-bushing that the bolts that hold the control arms to the frame and axle go thru. The bolt dia. is larger than the inner sleeve-bushing dia. so i cannot connect the lower control arm to the frame and axle. I`m calling Daystar tomorrow.
Don't know if this might help or not but did you watch this

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are these the sleeves and bushings you used for your control arms?

20191124_231922.jpg

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks like you did everything correctly.
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. I'm sure you are beyond frustrated. Will be interested to hear what Daystar has to say.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. I'm sure you are beyond frustrated. Will be interested to hear what Daystar has to say.
Thank you.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Daystar is sending new steel bushings. I told them what was wrong and they said new bushings are on the way, i did not ask but i have the feeling that this has happened before.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
How much lift do you get at the rear with this lift kit? I've read some in this forum have received 1.5" spacers in the rear after ordering the lift kit. Some say the kit only comes with 3/4" rear spacers.

What is the real deal for kits ordered within the last 2 months?

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How much lift do you get at the rear with this lift kit? I've read some in this forum have received 1.5" spacers in the rear after ordering the lift kit. Some say the kit only comes with 3/4" rear spacers.

What is the real deal for kits ordered within the last 2 months?
The newer kits have the 1.5 spacer.

Sponsored

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Word of caution.The install instruction that came with my Daystar 2" lift that I installed said to use factory torque specs on the parts. I used the factory torque specs but the sway bar links could not handle the factory torque specs and crushed the metal sleeve in the first link I installed so I used 40 ftlb on the rest of them. I called and told Daystar what had happened and they sent out new ones. I think I'll will be looking for better sway bar links to upgrade them soon. That's the only problem I had with the install.

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The newer kits have the 1.5 spacer.
When I called Daystar I was told it came with 2" front and 2" rear but when I received mine it had
2" front and 1.5" rear, Worked good because it looks a little more leveled now.

My Jeep likes my money

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Word of caution.The install instruction that came with my Daystar 2" lift that I installed said to use factory torque specs on the parts. I used the factory torque specs but the sway bar links could not handle the factory torque specs and crushed the metal sleeve in the first link I installed so I used 40 ftlb on the rest of them. I called and told Daystar what had happened and they sent out new ones. I think I'll will be looking for better sway bar links to upgrade them soon. That's the only problem I had with the install.
Thanks, saves me from another issue.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
My fronts held up fine, but the stock upper rear mounting surface on the frame is tapered, causing the sleve to crush. This in-turn caused them to loosen during use. I put a thin washer against the frame mount and added lock-tite. The factory rear mounting bracket is pretty weak.

Last edited:

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This is what the sway bar metal bushing looked like.
My Jeep likes .y money

20191126_175328.jpg
Sponsored