First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Why would this offer exclude Rubicon owners?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Why would this offer exclude Rubicon owners?
My guess is they are pumping sales on Sport, Sport S and Overland because people aren't buying them in the quantities they would like, excluding Rubicon says that is not the case with the Rubicon model.

That however is a guess and pure conjecture with absolutely no substance to back it up.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My guess is they are pumping sales on Sport, Sport S and Overland because people aren't buying them in the quantities they would like, excluding Rubicon says that is not the case with the Rubicon model.

That however is a guess and pure conjecture with absolutely no substance to back it up.
I think you are correct.
I read their guidelines or should I say choices for which tires one can upgrade to and none of them are desirable tire sizes.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'd buy a kit if they discounted it $500 without requiring you to in turn pay your service department's astronomical installation charge.
I installed my JL lift kit without any previous wrenching experience and for my first install, it wasn't all that bad. I then did 3 more Mopar lifts on JLs and then I did a Rancho lift on my daughter's JK so I've become much more comfortable wrenching on a Jeep. I installed the Daystar leveling kit on my JT, front and back, in about 3 hours total taking my time in my garage with simple hand tools and a floor Jack. Since the majority of the steps required to install the Mopar suspension lift are the same, I'd estimate adding another hour or so since I'd be swapping out shocks and front lower control arms. At this point it then becomes a question of how valuable your time and money is. I think a reasonable cost for a Mopar install would be $300-400. Anything more than that is not worth it IMO. And I wouldn't let them use their "voiding warranty" speech influence you either.

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Local dealer is quoting me $1695 plus tax with the discount. Same dealership was quoting $2000 before. One difference is they said they will also put a level kit on. Thoughts on if this is a good price?

Musser717

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Overland, c300 DD
I just talked with a local dealership and the guy in parts knew what I was talking about but then came back and said it appeared what he found was a dealer rebate.

He is looking into it for me and supposed to call me back. He quoted me $25/tire for install I didn't get to ask him about the lift though.

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Ok just returned from dealership. Damm if I did not open another can of worms. Got every honcho in the building involved. I am the first customer that has brought this up and I seem to have really caught them off guard. Parts manager ended up calling a couple of regional bosses for their take. Seems their interpretation is rebate is based on the current full retail price of $1695. They are trying to charge me based on that. Making cost of the kit $1195. General manager and parts manager agreed to kick me back another $250 once their rebate credit goes thru in a couple of months. Final price of $945. Service dept tried to jack up their last quoted price of $450 to $750, I said no think you. Got a call while driving home that the install price would be $500 or less. Appointment is set for Friday morning but still debating with my self if this is really what I want to do.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Ok just returned from dealership. Damm if I did not open another can of worms. Got every honcho in the building involved. I am the first customer that has brought this up and I seem to have really caught them off guard. Parts manager ended up calling a couple of regional bosses for their take. Seems their interpretation is rebate is based on the current full retail price of $1695. They are trying to charge me based on that. Making cost of the kit $1195. General manager and parts manager agreed to kick me back another $250 once their rebate credit goes thru in a couple of months. Final price of $945. Service dept tried to jack up their last quoted price of $450 to $750, I said no think you. Got a call while driving home that the install price would be $500 or less. Appointment is set for Friday morning but still debating with my self if this is really what I want to do.
Their price support is coming from FCA, and FCA is going to get their cost for the kit regardless from the dealer. They don't care if it is full retail or $100.

FCA is giving install price support to move parts.

The dealer is trying to skim you.

The price support goes to the dealer not to you and you should not have to pay up front and then they don't process the claim right.

I would find another dealership, that one is full of idiots at the very best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their price support is coming from FCA, and FCA is going to get their cost for the kit regardless from the dealer. They don't care if it is full retail or $100.

FCA is giving install price support to move parts.

The dealer is trying to skim you.

The price support goes to the dealer not to you and you should not have to pay up front and then they don't process the claim right.

I would find another dealership, that one is full of idiots at the very best.
I am tending to agree with you the more I think about. It just does not smell right. Going to check with our other dealership on Friday morning.

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update to my saga. Got tired of screwing around with the local dealerships on this lift. Found a well known and recommended local Jeep/4X4 shop that will gladly do the swap for $350 including full alignment. I ordered the Mopar lift kit on line for $1195, no shipping or tax and includes the crate. Should arrive in about 10 days by freight carrier. Funny part is that this shop is where the dealership has sent 2 Gladiators for lifts and then they double plus the cost to the customer. Bit of an ethics issue seems to me.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Update to my saga. Got tired of screwing around with the local dealerships on this lift. Found a well known and recommended local Jeep/4X4 shop that will gladly do the swap for $350 including full alignment. I ordered the Mopar lift kit on line for $1195, no shipping or tax and includes the crate. Should arrive in about 10 days by freight carrier. Funny part is that this shop is where the dealership has sent 2 Gladiators for lifts and then they double plus the cost to the customer. Bit of an ethics issue seems to me.
That’s definitely sleazy.

Btw, Where did you find it at that price?

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
That’s definitely sleazy.

Btw, Where did you find it at that price?
Got a list of Jeep dealers from the internet and started making phone calls. Found a dealer in upstate New York that had a set in stock and was a motivated seller. I would imagine he will work the rebate system and get his money. I got the local shop information from a NAPA.

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Bit the bullet and got the lift done. Dealer charged $1772 out the door with tax. I had the Jeep drive credit card with some cash so was able to get the lift for about $1500 out the door
Sponsored