Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Did 94 MPH with the widow in my living room . It was so fun:rock:. I was looking to top it out but I thought I seen the Sheriff coming:bandit:
Ha - I was just about to post what I did today! Wide open road in the middle of nowhere Alabama on my way home from the beach.

Running 38s on a 4.5" lift too!

IMG_5581.jpeg
Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Pulled the doors, rear window and quarter panels and went for a little drive. Definitely need side mirrors, but what I use on JK won't work on JT (TJ mirror on adapter plate). Wanted to lower top, but high winds gave me pause. Didn't need to tear up top because eager to drive naked, LOL. Trust me: At age 70, it's not much to see anyway. ;-) But I do love doors off driving, especially as folks stare at me because ... I shift my own gears!

IMG_20191130_103859.jpg
Done 80+ on xway with top open. Don't worry about tearing it up, it ain't going nowhere.

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
On Thanksgiving morning, my son and I tried to make it from LA to Vegas to have the holiday with my mom. About 18 miles before Victorville, the freeway shut down. We waited almost two hours to get back on the 15. Tired of waiting, we took a path that my son called a road (on Google maps) that he thought would run into the freeway, eventually. Turned out to be the Santa Fe road that became the Baldy-Mesa trail. Having never been off-road, really, we spent about 3.5 hours getting over mount baldy in a snow storm with about 6” of snow on top of muddy, rutted trail. Pictures show only before and after. Was a blast, if a bit harrowing. Gladiator handled everything, even if I almost got us stuck or in trouble a number of times. Emerged mud and snow packed but unscathed.

We got down off the mountain just before dark. The prospect of having been up there with only stock lights lead to the addition of some serious lighting over the weekend—a fun and useful DIY project.
75318E12-44BD-49D7-BF29-B4A03A443ADC.jpeg
2756CE78-BE26-4F6D-A5E5-E87152DE9F39.jpeg

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Done 80+ on xway with top open. Don't worry about tearing it up, it ain't going nowhere.
I was concerned about handling the top as I was actually opening it up and removing it (I think it looks goofy with the top still on, but open). Since this was my first time with this top, decided I'd wait for better weather. I have plenty of experience with various tops on my JK over the past (nearly) 13 years.

Moab Trip, Apr-May 10, Jeff's Images, 0038, Mark on Kenny's Hill.jpg

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I was concerned about handling the top as I was actually opening it up and removing it (I think it looks goofy with the top still on, but open). Since this was my first time with this top, decided I'd wait for better weather. I have plenty of experience with various tops on my JK over the past (nearly) 13 years.

Moab Trip, Apr-May 10, Jeff's Images, 0038, Mark on Kenny's Hill.jpg
Definitely my least favorite thing about the soft top. Piled up high in the back looks dumb, but I don't see it when I'm driving:CWL:. Wonder if @BestopTeam is going to make a soft top with a couple more joints to gather the top behind the back seat headrests:idea:

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Ha - I was just about to post what I did today! Wide open road in the middle of nowhere Alabama on my way home from the beach.

Running 38s on a 4.5" lift too!

IMG_5581.jpeg
Not sure I would be comfortable at that speed in my Gladiator especially lifted 4.5”. I assume you are getting 2 mpg?

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Not sure I would be comfortable at that speed in my Gladiator especially lifted 4.5”. I assume you are getting 2 mpg?
Funny thing is I wasn't even trying to hit this speed...I was just driving, and going down a slight hill and happened to look down at the speedo. The truck was really solid - not quite like my other car (BMW X5M which can do 97 all day long effortlessly), but still very good. Steering stabilizer helps a lot.

My MPG on the drive, averaging about 75, was 17. Not too bad. Not sure what it was at 97mph though!

RG48820

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Stinger GT2; Dodge Stealth RT/TT
My new N-Fab RKR Step rails came so took them in the box over to my sister's house with the heated garage. Unboxed them and found that they didn't include the removable steps -- okay, I will call RealTruck on Monday. Got the OEM Rubicon rock rail off the passenger side. Tried to install the N-Fab and found none of the mounting holes lined up. I think that they shipped me the JL model as it is too short as well. Not very happy :facepalm:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Pulled the doors, rear window and quarter panels and went for a little drive. Definitely need side mirrors, but what I use on JK won't work on JT (TJ mirror on adapter plate). Wanted to lower top, but high winds gave me pause. Didn't need to tear up top because eager to drive naked, LOL. Trust me: At age 70, it's not much to see anyway. ;-) But I do love doors off driving, especially as folks stare at me because ... I shift my own gears!

IMG_20191130_103859.jpg
So Mark . . . What "Shade of Gator" (pun intended to Shades of Grey) do you like most, and under what light conditions is that ? Of course a photo would be worth 1000 words ! ;)
ps; Got your next adventure destination & Route planning complete yet ? I "hunger" for my next "Doiron-Fix" ! :)

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
So Mark . . . What "Shade of Gator" (pun intended to Shades of Grey) do you like most, and under what light conditions is that ? Of course a photo would be worth 1000 words ! ;)
ps; Got your next adventure destination & Route planning complete yet ? I "hunger" for my next "Doiron-Fix" ! :)
I think the gator is not quite green enough for my taste. But if the Gobi I have hadn't been available, I'd have held out for gator and been quite satisfied.

Trips in the queue include Big Bend (been there several times, but videos are old and dated and I'd like to refresh them with better quality), Death Valley (more exploring surrounding area, I hope, since I've been there three times now and have two recent video series), and Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. Also hope to finish up the eastern part of the Trans America Trail--but it may be divided into two parts. Ray has been super busy with moving and building a new home, so it's taking a little coaxing to get him to come out and play. ;-) Regardless, if all goes well you should see something new in the late January time frame. And maybe a little earlier if I can coax Ray out.

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
jeepapex wins this thread!
hope all is well. :please:

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Nothing too crazy today, just drove my wife to the hospital in my Gladiator to have our second kiddo.

20191202_061348.jpg

Congratulations!!! Name him/her Jeeper!
Sponsored