LED turn signals?

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Yes, no, indifferent? Also will they work on a Sport S?

F2C0E026-F3F8-4036-AF39-C3BBFE1D61C4.jpeg
Sponsored

Phinneywood

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
If you have the Max Tow package, these should work. Max Tow includes separate DRL and turn signal bulbs. I installed a similar DRL+turn signal bulb pair from Diode Dynamics last night and they work perfectly. If you do not have Max Tow, my understanding is that you only have a single bulb for turn signal, and a switchback bulb like Texas_Gladiator linked above should work.

Also worth noting that I did not need a resistor kit and I did not need to use a Tazer or similar to configure/program LED turn signals. I believe (based on nothing in particular) that this is because my Sport S has the safety/blind spot package that includes rear and internal/cabin LEDs. But they just worked with no hyperflash blinker issues at all.

I also installed the clear Diode Dynamics sidemarkers. I can't really tell a difference in the light output (i.e., LED vs the original halogen bulb) but the clear housing looks cool.

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have the Max Tow package, these should work. Max Tow includes separate DRL and turn signal bulbs. I installed a similar DRL+turn signal bulb pair from Diode Dynamics last night and they work perfectly. If you do not have Max Tow, my understanding is that you only have a single bulb for turn signal, and a switchback bulb like Texas_Gladiator linked above should work.

Also worth noting that I did not need a resistor kit and I did not need to use a Tazer or similar to configure/program LED turn signals. I believe (based on nothing in particular) that this is because my Sport S has the safety/blind spot package that includes rear and internal/cabin LEDs. But they just worked with no hyperflash blinker issues at all.

I also installed the clear Diode Dynamics sidemarkers. I can't really tell a difference in the light output (i.e., LED vs the original halogen bulb) but the clear housing looks cool.
Those look excellent, interesting that DD says the resister kit is required for the JT, if I am reading their ad copy correctly. Might have to give these a try, thanks.

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link

How hard was the replacement? Did you have to remove the whole fender liner? I have the max tow sport s and I’d like to replace the DRL and turn with LED as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mkcagle

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Di

Did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 bulbs?

Phinneywood

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

Phinneywood

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Di

Did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 bulbs?
I got the stage 1. I’ve since upgraded my headlights and fogs to the factory/OE housings. Part of me regrets not getting stage 2 because stage 1 seem dim compared to the new lights. But no matter how bright I make the DRL bulbs, they’ll still look odd compared to the OE LED headlights and fogs.

if you’re just upgrading the halogen fog and headlight bulbs to LED, I’d go with stage 2. If you’re upgrading the housings, skip the bulbs and just replace the fender light housings.
Sponsored