Custom Ordering Question

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I am looking to custom order a Jeep Gladiator and have found this forum to be a wealth of information. I went to test drive one at a local dealer up in Maine and was told that they don't give a price on a custom order. That they will sell it once it arrives at cost with whatever incentive are available at the time. I have been using the spreadsheet tool, which is amazing!, and have a good idea of the deal that I would be looking to get, but i have concerns about moving ahead with a custom order if I don't know what the cost will truly be when it arrives. Any insight or guidance would be great.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I am looking to custom order a Jeep Gladiator and have found this forum to be a wealth of information. I went to test drive one at a local dealer up in Maine and was told that they don't give a price on a custom order. That they will sell it once it arrives at cost with whatever incentive are available at the time. I have been using the spreadsheet tool, which is amazing!, and have a good idea of the deal that I would be looking to get, but i have concerns about moving ahead with a custom order if I don't know what the cost will truly be when it arrives. Any insight or guidance would be great.

Thanks!!!
Find you another dealer. All of the people getting custom orders from here will see an out the door price quote before they buy email a good dealer like Travis at tri city your build sheet and within 24hrs he will send you a quote with everything .

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Guidance would be to find another dealer. If they won't shoot straight with you now, it's not gonna be any better when the vehicle arrives.

OP
OP
JustinWPI11

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the quick replies! I will definitely reach out to Tri-Cty when ready to order. It's a long haul from there to Maine though. Wondering if anyone knows a good dealer in New England?

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Thanks for the quick replies! I will definitely reach out to Tri-Cty when ready to order. It's a long haul from there to Maine though. Wondering if anyone knows a good dealer in New England?
Try making a thread or look around the threads for people finding good dealers in your area. If you can't make the trip to tri city at least you will be armed with a invoice sheet from Travis you can throw around to see if anyone wants to match or play ball

SaveTheJeeps

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1958 CJ5, 1967 Jeepster Convertible, 1974 CJ5, 1986 CJ7, 2013 JKU
I ordered on 11/22 from Colonial in Hudson Mass. They were easy to deal with. I think I came out about 3% below invoice without much trouble.

I cant believe what the dealer in Maine told you. Do they think you wont check around?

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
If nothing else, join Tread Lightly (there is a thread here). That, by itself, will get you 1% under invoice pricing. If dealer unwilling to take that, then my advice is to find another dealer. It cost $100, but saved me at least $3,000 on my deal...

Reactions: jlg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
If nothing else, join Tread Lightly (there is a thread here). That, by itself, will get you 1% under invoice pricing. If dealer unwilling to take that, then my advice is to find another dealer. It cost $100, but saved me at least $3,000 on my deal...
Just wanted to add that you have to be member of Tread Lightly for 30days before your control number is "valid". But considering these orders take at least 30+ days...join Tread Lightly the day you order and should be good to go.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Just wanted to add that you have to be member of Tread Lightly for 30days before your control number is "valid". But considering these orders take at least 30+ days...join Tread Lightly the day you order and should be good to go.
It just has to be valid for 30 days before you pick it up... so if it came in early just wait until it is valid. Search tread lightly on this forum for more info.

Sponsored

Thunder Cloud

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2007 Ram 3500 MC DRW, 2002 Mustang
Occupation
GE Aviation
I ordered from Foss Motors in Exeter, NH.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Use the dealer locator on Jeep.com to find dealers in your preferred driving distance. Go to each of those dealer's website and find the contact information for the sales manager. Send each of those sales managers an email stating you can order a unit from several dealers nationwide for 6% below invoice but would prefer to stay closer to home and ask what % below invoice they would be willing to go. Let them know about when you'll be placing your order and that you're reaching out to several dealers. Some likely won't even reply but you should get responses. Pick the one willing to make the best deal and be sure to follow through.

hawk14414

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billet silver JTR 6 speed
Marc Motors in Sanford handled my custom order - excellent price in writing when I placed the order. Not quite Travis/TriCity pricing, but I didn't have to travel and they gave me really excellent pricing on my trade in JK.
Sponsored