What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
The reception is fine if the stations are local, I did notice a decrease for stations that are farther away. An example is a station that had slight static and fading is now to the point where you would not be able to listen to it.
I have the same one and didn’t lose any distance compared to the OEM antenna. Mine will pick up 70 miles away, then start to drop off. I did have to put some blue Loctite on the screw threads as the wind kept wobbling it loose.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Installed sill guards by Quadratec--these provide really good coverage of that exposed area. Also figured out the mechanical fit for my tablet in the Gladiator (Ram-mount at top of image). While the Gladiator has many of the tablet functions now built in as opposed to the JK I own--especially when working through Android Auto over the uConnect--it still doesn't have adequate topo mapping. I'll continue to use Backcountry Navigator in the JT. If BCN (or Gaia) ever provide for display on the built-in Jeep screen, then I can do away with the separate tablet and just rely on my phone. Except, having the tablet and phone (Nexus 7 and Pixel 2) running the same apps does give me backup of all functions.

Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_142223, Sill Guards and Tablet Mount.jpg

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Installed a Rival4x4 Aluminum front bumper. Lower portion/skid should be here in a week or so.
20191203_163543~2_resized.jpg
20191203_163558_resized.jpg
I love the look of this bumper! Is it all weld construction or is it stamped steel? It appears to be welded but I cant tell for sure. The bull bar looks bolt on is that correct?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I love the look of this bumper! Is it all weld construction or is it stamped steel? It appears to be welded but I cant tell for sure. The bull bar looks bolt on is that correct?
The bull bar is bolted.
It is an alluminum bumper "skin" with a steel winch plate behind it. They are both welded.

Here is a pic without the bull bar
20191203_134715~2.jpg

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
The bull bar is bolted.
It is an alluminum bumper "skin" with a steel winch plate behind it. They are both welded.

Here is a pic without the bull bar
20191203_134715~2.jpg
Thank you for the reply. That is a slick looking bumper with or without the bull bar. I also love that its made out of aluminum. I have not heard of this company before today. Thank you for sharing this bumper with the forum Chris.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Installed a Rival4x4 Aluminum front bumper. Lower portion/skid should be here in a week or so.

I am torn over this Rival bumper: on one hand, it's made by a Russian company... but on the other hand, it's the slickest-looking JT bumper I've seen to date.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
How large are the bolts holding the recovery loops to the bumper/frame? They look a bit small.
Yeah, unless I'm missing something in how those are attached and those are just for "looks" not a chance in hell I'd be pulling from those.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
hold up, what front fenders are those.....I thought they weren't available yet.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
My business partner made and installed some fender vent decals for me.
20191204_135901~2.jpg

hold up, what front fenders are those.....I thought they weren't available yet.
They are just the factory fenders with the lower half removed and a Quake fender brace/DRL kit :rock:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They are just the factory fenders with the lower half removed and a Quake fender brace/DRL kit :rock:
JUST? lol, looks awesome. i'm waiting for some other manufacturer that had a full fender kit on a SEMA vehicle.....can't remember the brand now...UGH.

Yours do this sequential thing, right? That's super cool. Don't care what the haters say, i enjoy some of that Tron Legacy vibe the Cybertruck has. This sequential light thing reminds me of Tron.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
JUST? lol, looks awesome. i'm waiting for some other manufacturer that had a full fender kit on a SEMA vehicle.....can't remember the brand now...UGH.

Yours do this sequential thing, right? That's super cool. Don't care what the haters say, i enjoy some of that Tron Legacy vibe the Cybertruck has. This sequential light thing reminds me of Tron.
Yes sir.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Rugged Ridge, probably. Theirs looks similar.

augustwest

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Asked in a separate thread as well but has anybody put mud flaps on their truck? How do they look? Do they actually work? My truck is getting absolutely covered in salty muddy slush and its obnoxious.
Sponsored