Sponsored

Anybody had the horrible roll up bed cover replaced?

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Where the cover latches in the bed can be adjusted a bit, i had to loosen and raise them up so the cover could fully latch. Now it`s perfect and after two days of rain it`s nice and tight, the bed is dry and no water build up on the cover.
I will take a look tomorrow as well.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The local dealer installed mine, and it is tight, with no issues.
Cheers

OM617TJ

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler (OM617 Swap)
I was actually wondering about this the other day. I have a Bestop Halftop on my TJ that pools water in the back portion when it rains and it drives me nuts.

Looking at the roll-up tonneau cover, I couldn't help but think that it was going to have the same issue without any cross braces to keep it snug and force the rain to roll off the cover rather than pool in the middle. It sounds like this may be the case then.

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I’ve rolled the cover back and secured it with the Velcro straps maybe a dozen or so times since Wifey got it in June. This morning when securing it the ring that the strap goes through tore off. Not impressed. Guess I’ll have to see what the dealership says.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The Mopar roll-up tonneau cover does have cross braces, to keep the fabric cover fairy tight, they slightly arch up in he middle.
Cheers

F3EE9A59-7565-4C97-B3FC-D4047E81000E.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I know it sounds picky but.......mine seems tight front to back but from side to side it sags

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve rolled the cover back and secured it with the Velcro straps maybe a dozen or so times since Wifey got it in June. This morning when securing it the ring that the strap goes through tore off. Not impressed. Guess I’ll have to see what the dealership says.
My stitching on the D-ring came off on the second use. We got it covered under warranty. Other than that we've really liked it.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
This is the loosest cover i have ever owned. Sags.....water pools.....leaks into bed.......flaps on the highway like crazy.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
I went with the rugged ridge roll up. Been solid so far, doesn’t leak and no rain has caused it to sag. I’ve had solids last 2 trucks and they both leaked and pain to remove this one has been great thus far.

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I have a JTLE... my tonneau cover is tight as a drum. No flapping. No sagging. No leaks.
I added my “Gatehook” fix to lock the “Weekender” feature shut, when tailgate’s locked... but aside from that, I have no complaints with my LE tonneau! ;{

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
something might be off if there is sagging or flapping. I also purchased the Tyger one that fits many different truck and have had no problems.. fits nice and tight.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
This is the loosest cover i have ever owned. Sags.....water pools.....leaks into bed.......flaps on the highway like crazy.
I actually posted a while back about how impressed I was with the tonneau. I've experienced none of the issues you describe...at all. No sag, pools, completely waterproof in the bed and no noise on the highway. I wonder why the variance on these things?!?!? May be worth a conversation with your dealership, I don't know. Sucks to hear about your experience...

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I know it sounds picky but.......mine seems tight front to back but from side to side it sags
What are you comparing it to? Have you had other soft tonneau covers before and if so, which one(s)?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What are you comparing it to? Have you had other soft tonneau covers before and if so, which one(s)?
I and some of my friends have had Access roll-up covers on our trucks in the past. My Silverado had an Access cover and it was tight as my snare drum head when latched in place. You could bounce coins on it, never budged. But it didn't seal as well as this one that rides a lot looser.
Granted, I'm here not to complain about my Jeep's cover - but to learn - is THIS normal or can or should it be adjusted or tighter? It's very loose compared to my Access cover, which again, literally was tight and no water could sit on it.

Compare my Chevy cover to the Jeep one - I wonder if this is what folks are talking about and yes, water pools on the Jeep cover, never did on the Chevy cover. The Chevy Access cover stayed that way for 7 years.
chevy-cover.jpg
cover-right.jpg
cover-left.jpg
Sponsored