Not open for further replies.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I think the jam nuts are 1-7/8. But that’s off memory.
My kit is being dropped shipped from RK. I’m pairing it with some 4.5” springs and king 2.5s super excited to see how it comes together. I love RK stuff and the price is on point.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I think the jam nuts are 1-7/8. But that’s off memory.
My kit is being dropped shipped from RK. I’m pairing it with some 4.5” springs and king 2.5s super excited to see how it comes together. I love RK stuff and the price is on point.
Thanks, i just want to make sure that i have the proper tools once i began.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is anyone using red loctite on the jam nuts?

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone using red loctite on the jam nuts?
I don’t think that would be a good idea, maybe Blue but not red

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don’t think that would be a good idea, maybe Blue but not red
This is my thought but i saw a video that RK made and they said to use Red Loctite. With the torque required and using Red Loctite it would be tough to make adjustments.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm still getting mine in random pieces. This is probably a good idea though.
Getting mine in pieces also. When i get them all i want to be ready to go. I also need to get some crowfoot wrenches for those jam nuts.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
This is my thought but i saw a video that RK made and they said to use Red Loctite. With the torque required and using Red Loctite it would be tough to make adjustments.
Yeah i didn’t catch that I’m fixing to install the rear lower control arms so i guess they should know

Sponsored

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
I ordered a 3 inch Pro-X No limits kit on Black Friday from North Ridge and have begun getting it in pieces(front upper, front track bar, and rear lowers so far).
Opted to order some Falcon 2.1 series 2-3.5" lift shocks with the kit for now(I'm planning to go with their new 3.3 aDapt when they come out in a few months, looked fantastic at SEMA) and those arrived today as well. Has anyone ran these parts together? I couldn't find compressed/extended lengths of the Falcons so I just measured them when they arrived and I'm a bit surprised in their lengths. The front is about 27 1/2 extended, rear is about 28 1/2 extended, front around 9 1/2" travel, rear about 10" travel when I measure the exposed shaft on each.

RockKrawler lists the following specs for the kit:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.5” Collapsed/ 29.5” Maximum Extended..... (12" travel)
Generic Rear Shock Length – 17” Collapsed/ 28” Maximum Extended...... (11" travel)

Based on that it seems the rear shocks are about right, but the fronts are certainly short. Input anyone?

Also @Rock Krawler Suspension What are your recommendations on bump stop spacing based on my above info? Anything that I may have overlooked to get this installed when the rest of the kit shows up?

Thanks.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I ordered a 3 inch Pro-X No limits kit on Black Friday from North Ridge and have begun getting it in pieces(front upper, front track bar, and rear lowers so far).
Opted to order some Falcon 2.1 series 2-3.5" lift shocks with the kit for now(I'm planning to go with their new 3.3 aDapt when they come out in a few months, looked fantastic at SEMA) and those arrived today as well. Has anyone ran these parts together? I couldn't find compressed/extended lengths of the Falcons so I just measured them when they arrived and I'm a bit surprised in their lengths. The front is about 27 1/2 extended, rear is about 28 1/2 extended, front around 9 1/2" travel, rear about 10" travel when I measure the exposed shaft on each.

RockKrawler lists the following specs for the kit:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.5” Collapsed/ 29.5” Maximum Extended..... (12" travel)
Generic Rear Shock Length – 17” Collapsed/ 28” Maximum Extended...... (11" travel)

Based on that it seems the rear shocks are about right, but the fronts are certainly short. Input anyone?

Also @Rock Krawler Suspension What are your recommendations on bump stop spacing based on my above info? Anything that I may have overlooked to get this installed when the rest of the kit shows up?

Thanks.
If you run a new front driveshaft you can run much longer shocks. I’m actually installing this kit with the king 2.5s 3-5” lift with 4.5” springs in the front. I had this same setup on the front of my jl and it had lots of droop and didn’t require brake lines in the front. Also, 3” of bumpstop will work on a rubicon first 37-38s and 4” for 40s.

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Getting mine in pieces also. When i get them all i want to be ready to go. I also need to get some crowfoot wrenches for those jam nuts.
I've gotten all the control arms and the track bars (I ordered the rear as well since I didn't get the Pro X) still waiting on springs, shocks, and bump stops.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.