Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Installed sill guards by Quadratec--these provide really good coverage of that exposed area. Also figured out the mechanical fit for my tablet in the Gladiator (Ram-mount at top of image). While the Gladiator has many of the tablet functions now built in as opposed to the JK I own--especially when working through Android Auto over the uConnect--it still doesn't have adequate topo mapping. I'll continue to use Backcountry Navigator in the JT. If BCN (or Gaia) ever provide for display on the built-in Jeep screen, then I can do away with the separate tablet and just rely on my phone. Except, having the tablet and phone (Nexus 7 and Pixel 2) running the same apps does give me backup of all functions.

Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_142223, Sill Guards and Tablet Mount.jpg

Been looking at those same sill guards (we used to call them scuff plates with our classic cars) - are they adhesive mount?
I can't stand the thought of dragging dirty feet across those beautiful sills and getting them all messed up.
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I am getting mine sprayed on Wednesday (Bullet Bedliner). Did they remove the latches on the side of the bed for the tonneau?
Was thinking of taking everything off before I get there. They already promised to cover all of the holes as to not ruin the threads.
They did not need to remove the latches for the tonneau, looking back I should have removed the rails myself and asked them to plug the holes. I did remove the tonneau cover.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
4.88 gears being installed today. I'll get her back in the morning.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@steffen707
Is your rail system the OEM Trail Rail System? I got four of those mounts from a totaled Tacoma at a salvage yard and they seem to grip/hold good.
SHOOT, i forgot to mention I have the @BuiltRight rail system which uses standard unistrut nuts.

Sponsored

OrangeChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n Gladiator

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Been looking at those same sill guards (we used to call them scuff plates with our classic cars) - are they adhesive mount?
I can't stand the thought of dragging dirty feet across those beautiful sills and getting them all messed up.
Yes, with double-stickyback tape (two strips already mounted to each guard). Pretty strong stuff. Instructions warn to properly place the first time. You won't be able to move because the "adhesive is aggressive".

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I finished in stalling my Mopar steel bumper, skid plate for steel bumper, winch guard, and Mopar 7 inch off-road lights.

YcBjup.jpg

uqsoqv.jpg

WbYXId.jpg
Those things are bright aren't they? I thought the LED headlights were nice and bright, but those things are easily twice. Looks great.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
FYI....the Mopar Flaps do fit on the rear BUT not the front on the Rubicons.....found out after having dealer try as well as a 4X4 ship try to install rear set.
I've always put on the MOPAR type - on all of my Grand Cherokees, etc. and they help a ton on those, helped a lot when I put the GM offering on my Silverado, too - they help on my JT but when a vehicle has that much tire exposed - nothing is perfect, but they do help.
20191123_114229.jpg
20191123_114216.jpg
20191123_115816_HDR.jpg
20191123_114243.jpg
20191123_115015.jpg

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Those things are bright aren't they? I thought the LED headlights were nice and bright, but those things are easily twice. Looks great.
Super bright and super floody. Great view to the sides and up. I would say at least 3 times as bright as the headlights and the lenses get warmer much faster than the head lights. It is pretty much daylight upfront with these lights. They are very impressive and the hardware is top notch -- aiming, setup, vibration isolation are all top of the line.

Here is a shot of the stock low beams LED

0tQGhh.jpg

Here is a shot of the stock low beams LED with the Mopar 7 inch off-road lights.

p3m9NE.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FYI....the Mopar Flaps do fit on the rear BUT not the front on the Rubicons.....found out after having dealer try as well as a 4X4 ship try to install rear set.
When I bought I told the guy "JT Overland" and he walked back and 2 minutes later had 2 pair - rears were marked "Gladiator" and the fronts were marked "Wrangler". So............. do they have Rubicon specific pairs? I dunno, just passing what I got for mine and they are a factory perfect fit exactly, couldn't have fit or been any easier, for my Overland..........

But it's good to warn folks - watch out and check with your parts guy if you have a Rubicon. They may figure rock crawling folks won't want such things on their Jeeps, I dunno.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, with double-stickyback tape (two strips already mounted to each guard). Pretty strong stuff. Instructions warn to properly place the first time. You won't be able to move because the "adhesive is aggressive".
Love that - "adhesive is aggressive". Well I'm sold. Think I'll get a set ordered.
Sponsored