Builtright bedside molle rack review

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
So I bought the Builtright (front) bedside molle rack and I thought I would give my personal review.
From the day I ordered them until they shipped was 3 days, they were well packaged and all of the parts were there, the install was a piece of cake, I did however make a couple of changes, first I used T slot nuts from a Tocoma, 3/8-16x1 ss socket cap screws w/ lock wash and added 1000lb bolt on V hooks. I am very pleased with the quality of the panels they are oprx 1/8 thick and the attachment points and panels are all one piece. We will see how they hold up to a hi-lift jack.
The first pic is a comparison of the bolts and flat nut that come with the panels, bottom row, and the ones I used top row.

12 3 19 024.jpg

12 3 19 026.jpg

12 3 19 025.jpg
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
nice. what are you going to use to attach stuff like the jack?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
So I bought the Builtright (front) bedside molle rack and I thought I would give my personal review.
From the day I ordered them until they shipped was 3 days, they were well packaged and all of the parts were there, the install was a piece of cake, I did however make a couple of changes, first I used T slot nuts from a Tocoma, 3/8-16x1 ss socket cap screws w/ lock wash and added 1000lb bolt on V hooks. I am very pleased with the quality of the panels they are oprx 1/8 thick and the attachment points and panels are all one piece. We will see how they hold up to a hi-lift jack.
The first pic is a comparison of the bolts and flat nut that come with the panels, bottom row, and the ones I used top row.

12 3 19 024.jpg

12 3 19 026.jpg

12 3 19 025.jpg
Nice setup ! I went with something similar. Great Job.

Note: I bought the stainless T-slots nuts because I read on Amazon that the black ones rust...

I have my dirt bike, so, I went with the JCR side panels only..... and for the front I am using those stainless T-slots, with a stainless rod (which I will cut), and screw through turn knobs to mount my maxtrax in the front tracks. This way I can easily push my dirt bike against the front of the bed, or carry my maxtrax in the front on just a JT trip. All my other stuff will go on the side molle panels.

wlvrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I have the side and rear sets and I love them. Super easy to install... BUT! Be aware that by going with these you are prevented from easily moving / removing the sliding trail rail cleats. It’s the only critical thing I can say about them.

OP
OP
Bulldog

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
nice. what are you going to use to attach stuff like the jack?
I haven't made it that far yet, I have seen some lockable brackets online that I think will work, also my hi-lift jack took a walk, so I will need to buy a new one first, maybe Mrs Claus will leave one.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have the side and rear sets and I love them. Super easy to install... BUT! Be aware that by going with these you are prevented from easily moving / removing the sliding trail rail cleats. It’s the only critical thing I can say about them.
thanks for the thread. I just mounted BuiltRight rails, and side molle panels. Since the BuiltRight rail is just unistrut, the cone or spring nuts you use can just be removed without having to slide past the molle brackets...
the downside, I learned, is that I can’t buy/use regular rail cleats that would fit stock rail. The channel in the unistrut is too wide. I did not know this when I ordered it, but I’m still perfectly happy with it.
Sponsored