Sponsored

Hidden/Buried features of the JT

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like how these wives are saying that you should have spent a lot more money on yourselves after the purchase is over and the issue has become moot.
Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
I like how these wives are saying that you should have spent a lot more money on yourselves after the purchase is over and the issue has become moot.
Mine did it before... I was the one having a hell of a time with the price of the Gladiator...and I knew if I was getting one I wanted it loaded (LE) which makes the problem worse...and every time I built one out online I got within a few thousand of the already loaded LE...but I really liked the dash on the LE (I know...but sometimes it's the little things)... she was the one that said..you love it and you want it...just get what you want now or you'll regret it.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
9ee.png

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did it before... I was the one having a hell of a time with the price of the Gladiator...and I knew if I was getting one I wanted it loaded (LE) which makes the problem worse...and every time I built one out online I got within a few thousand of the already loaded LE...but I really liked the dash on the LE (I know...but sometimes it's the little things)... she was the one that said..you love it and you want it...just get what you want now or you'll regret it.
Sorry, I was just kidding.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I was just kidding.
My wife is the sort that if I have a problem with a tool for my shop, and I go replace it - she'll send me right back to town if I haven't bought the best one available for my work. I burned out a circular saw and bought another - two years later, that was fried. She had a fit and told me - go buy a GOOD one this time and don't come back with out it - you know you'll regret it later if you don't.
Same when I bought out the shop of a friend who did engines and electric work - she knew his shop equipment was top stuff - and he kept it all spotless. His valve grinder was from the 70s but still like new.

I know she had no idea there even WERE other options on these - otherwise I have a feeling I know what she would have said.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I don't know if I should even MENTION in this forum what my wife said to me today while we were running errands.......... good grief.
She asked me about Christmas presents - I had some pages sitting on the table that I had printed - Amazon - goodies for the JT like the thing that goes in the grab handle on the dash to hold a phone or coins or whatever, the ones that go on the side of the shift area to hold a phone or wallet or spare change or pencil or whatever, sill guards since this is the first vehicle I have owned that didn't come factory with really nice ones..... that sort of thing.
She asked if they were all the same - would they fit OUR truck. I said yeah, the interiors of the Gladiators are really the same, it's features, towing, payload, the suspension and underside that's different "FOR THE MOST PART" but accessories pretty much fit them all. I explained about the three basic levels (wasn't worth trying to explain the plan Sport vs. Sport S so I kept it Sport, Overland, Rubicon) and she said well, you were looking at the bottom one when I got involved, why? I told her about the payload and the towing. She said yeah, but it wouldn't have all this other stuff we wanted. Well, that's correct - but now the Overland won't tow as much and has a lower payload so you can't load it down as much, it's not as much of a work horse as the others.
Then she asked - well why then didn't you go up to the next one? You were at three, I pushed you up to 2, why didn't you get the top one? I told her - money...........
Then she asked - well, how much difference, 2, 3 thousand or so? I said yeah, probably about 3 for the same equipment on the Overland vs. Rubicon.
Then she blew me away with "well, I got my 4 season sunroom the way I wanted it, why didn't you get the best truck then? She added - What would it cost to trade now? Is this one worth anything?

Holy cow!
Why the heck didn't she ask about other choices weeks ago?
Probably too late now. The depreciation and all - I did a quick build online today and yeah, to get the EXACT SAME options in the Rubicon would have been 3 grand more - but no, that's adding the proximity locks, too! - for the exact same truck I have but Rubicon WITH proximity locks instead of Overland without, all other equipment the same.
Now it would likely cost several grand.
The towing would be a thousand pounds better, the payload only 150 or so better but it's TOWING that I care about. I rarely have over a thousand pounds to haul, in fact, it's been years since I hauled over 7 or 800 pounds in the box of a truck.
I think what she’s saying is she likes the JT so much that she’d like one too... so give her the overland and get the max tow you wanted. You know where the best deals are now so you’ll save on both ends. And you’ve got the JT and trailer to go pick it up! Merry Christmas Honey!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Actually she's talking a new Grand Cherokee maybe next summer.............. She'd go Wrangler if they'd hold as much of her stuff as her GC does. Her's just turned 10,000 miles last month. She usually gets great trade on her Jeeps.
But she was really serious about "trading" this Overland for one with the packages we missed (proximity locks for example) and more towing.
When I explained the differences in the levels and said the others were more "truck" with the heavier drive train and bigger axles, she was like - well you want a heavier duty truck.........see about trading this one.

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Not a hidden feature, I don't think.....but everything I have read says that the tonneau cover is not secure, but when I close the cover flap and then close the bed the cover does not open.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not a hidden feature, I don't think.....but everything I have read says that the tonneau cover is not secure, but when I close the cover flap and then close the bed the cover does not open.
Don't look and it will remain hidden...........
I love the fact that when I lock the doors - the tail gate locks. My Chevy - had to remember to take a key back there.
Jeep really nailed it on this JT thing.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Mine is the same way, close the tailgste and it takes a pry bar to open the cover. The seal is angled like a dovetail joint, locking the cover down when the tail gate is closed. The instructions say to, “close the cover first, then close the tailgate” locking the cover closed.
Cheers

Sponsored

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
I don't know if I should even MENTION in this forum what my wife said to me today while we were running errands.......... good grief.
She asked me about Christmas presents - I had some pages sitting on the table that I had printed - Amazon - goodies for the JT like the thing that goes in the grab handle on the dash to hold a phone or coins or whatever, the ones that go on the side of the shift area to hold a phone or wallet or spare change or pencil or whatever, sill guards since this is the first vehicle I have owned that didn't come factory with really nice ones..... that sort of thing.
She asked if they were all the same - would they fit OUR truck. I said yeah, the interiors of the Gladiators are really the same, it's features, towing, payload, the suspension and underside that's different "FOR THE MOST PART" but accessories pretty much fit them all. I explained about the three basic levels (wasn't worth trying to explain the plan Sport vs. Sport S so I kept it Sport, Overland, Rubicon) and she said well, you were looking at the bottom one when I got involved, why? I told her about the payload and the towing. She said yeah, but it wouldn't have all this other stuff we wanted. Well, that's correct - but now the Overland won't tow as much and has a lower payload so you can't load it down as much, it's not as much of a work horse as the others.
Then she asked - well why then didn't you go up to the next one? You were at three, I pushed you up to 2, why didn't you get the top one? I told her - money...........
Then she asked - well, how much difference, 2, 3 thousand or so? I said yeah, probably about 3 for the same equipment on the Overland vs. Rubicon.
Then she blew me away with "well, I got my 4 season sunroom the way I wanted it, why didn't you get the best truck then? She added - What would it cost to trade now? Is this one worth anything?

Holy cow!
Why the heck didn't she ask about other choices weeks ago?
Probably too late now. The depreciation and all - I did a quick build online today and yeah, to get the EXACT SAME options in the Rubicon would have been 3 grand more - but no, that's adding the proximity locks, too! - for the exact same truck I have but Rubicon WITH proximity locks instead of Overland without, all other equipment the same.
Now it would likely cost several grand.
The towing would be a thousand pounds better, the payload only 150 or so better but it's TOWING that I care about. I rarely have over a thousand pounds to haul, in fact, it's been years since I hauled over 7 or 800 pounds in the box of a truck.
This is why I bought the LE. I know paying full MSRP was not the best finical decision but when my wife said, "just buy it..." I jumped on it in a flash.
Before that, every time I tried to build one on line, I could not decide what options to drop to keep the price where I thought it shoud be. I have not regreted one minute of my desition.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well we didn't have all of the info I have now. And in part because the dealer never even bothered to talk about other options - like Rubicon or certain other things. Of course FCA has made changes to packages now, too - which changed things a lot. No one can possibly predict THAT sort of thing. But very disappointed that the dealer didn't say "do you know that for only 3 more you can get all that AND more payload and more towing and even have this and that thrown in, too?" Nope, he wasn't even going to talk anything else after I started looking at Sport S - like he didn't want to sell anything higher. I even told him I didn't have to finance so I wasn't worried about that, I'd be paying cash. I figured with that he'd start right at the top.
Well, like I've always told my wife- it's free (or nearly free) to get information, to find out - so I told her I'd find out. Doesn't mean one has to DO anything but let the information found determine that.

My former father in law had a total FIT when he found my first wife and I had been asking construction companies what it would cost to lift our house and put a new basement under it. It was a 100 year old farm house with a stone foundation (can't use the usual term for that here and now because it's rather offensive for some) - anyway, we had no clue what it would cost - 5 grand, 10, 15, 20?
He found out we'd been asking around to get prices and had a fit and said "you can't afford that, you have bills to pay, you owe this, you owe that, stop right now".
I told him the info was free and there was only ONE way to KNOW if we could or could not do it - get estimates. In the end I decided, no, we could not do it - but how would we have known otherwise? The only dumb question is the one unasked. But he thought because you were looking that you were determined to buy.
So, I guess I'll find out. I'll tell my wife what I find and go from there. What are the odds? That we sit where we are.......but unless I ask, I will always wonder! I cannot stand not knowing.

Last edited:

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
There is an automatic water dispenser when you open the drivers doors when it’s raining. Hold your cup in your lap and it will shortly be filled....

I can’t believe these had such innovated mindsets to come up with something like this!

311EE845-8897-44D9-811E-611955859B38.jpeg

0FCDD81F-DF5A-4471-B868-B0BE143017A6.jpeg