MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
WINTER.......... DRAWERS are coming!

Actually while helping me load the plywood, the Menards employee pressed down on my fire extinguisher, whose pin fell out weeks ago..... Knew I should have replaced that.

Drawers are coming soon though.
20191206_150609.jpg
20191206_165154.jpg
20191206_173458.jpg
LOL, at least it wasn't in the cab!

A guy's jeep on a windy day at the beach!
cat=111&_nc_ohc=C3u-sVFZk58AQkzVx-ZihxHfLcOKIy8CLlJbviWE6tQDS5Tlzmn93T65g&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

cat=111&_nc_ohc=C3u-sVFZk58AQkzVx-ZihxHfLcOKIy8CLlJbviWE6tQDS5Tlzmn93T65g&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg
Wow, not sure whether to laugh or offer sympathy for the clean-up they face. Oh, well, it's a Jeep - you expect that, right? (I hope)

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

I let my boy use my JT to go to Prom shortly after I got her. When I got in it the next morning there was a small amount of glitter on the seats and dash. This is what it looked like in my mind:CWL:. The bad part is that after many days of running doorless and topless and many times vacuuming I still find glitter. This poor guy will forever find sand no matter how long he owns it.:(

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Finally replaced the factory reflectors in the rear bumper with the lights and mounts that i fabed up. I started this some time back but my knees started giving me problems so it took me a long time to finish them up. I also ran into an issue figuring out what to use for the cover plate in order to get a flush clean look i was looking for. I'll do a wright up soon but for now here are a few pics.

Factory

i-D8Q6gQW-M.jpg

Templets
i-Cnf2DNk-L.jpg

Time to cut
i-M5zRmWq-L.jpg

i-QgqFc9H-M.jpg

i-76tqTSt-L.jpg

Cover plat and retroreflective material
i-MsxJCKx-L.jpg

i-8n3x7WQ-X3.jpg

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
640CFEFB-D9A9-4B61-8F6D-183615DF511C.jpeg
Removed stock bumper, installed new bumper and winch. It took longer to remove stock bumper than to install both the new bumper and winch combined

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
640CFEFB-D9A9-4B61-8F6D-183615DF511C.jpeg
Removed stock bumper, installed new bumper and winch. It took longer to remove stock bumper than to install both the new bumper and winch combined
That's a nice looking setup - not too hulky, but tough, clean looking. Brings your lights up and takes care of the gap between bumper and fenders that the fillers on the Sports close up.
Leaving the air dam off?

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Thanks, I didnt find anyone else running the same bumper so it took a lot of “eyeballing” the stock photos from the manufacturer. Once I set it into place I was pleased with its fit, but dang, with the winch mounted to it was a bit heavy. If I didnt have a floor jack with extensions I wouldnt have been able to do it alone.
The damn will be going back on for now until I can find/fab a skid plate to replace it, was going to do it today but as I took that picture the first drops of rain started to hit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I didnt find anyone else running the same bumper so it took a lot of “eyeballing” the stock photos from the manufacturer. Once I set it into place I was pleased with its fit, but dang, with the winch mounted to it was a bit heavy. If I didnt have a floor jack with extensions I wouldnt have been able to do it alone.
The damn will be going back on for now until I can find/fab a skid plate to replace it, was going to do it today but as I took that picture the first drops of rain started to hit.
People wonder why I have 3 floor jacks, 4 pair of jack stands, and a transmission jack and gantry crane and engine hoist. When you work alone in your shop you can never have too many hands made of steel.

Let me know if you find a skid plate or figure out if a Rubicon plate will fit. I looked at a couple of Rubicons lately and their skid plate looks like it bolts right up to the frame horns and that should be the same on all three levels, Sport, Overland and Rubicon. I figured if the frame is the same up there, the Rubicon skid plat would fit - would need the brackets they use, though, as the skid plates bolt similar to that metal air dam backing, but also using brackets that bolt the plate to the frame.
I want to put a skid plate on in place of the plastic air dam.
And no, those Rubicon plates did not connect with the bumper in any way - the Rubicons I looked at had the standard poly over steel bumpers like the others.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'll do a wright up soon but for now here are a few pics.

i-cnf2dnk-l-jpg.jpg

]
How many pickles could steffen707 pick if steffen707 could pick pickles? if they're Famous Daves spicy pickles......a lot.

waiting for your write up, bad knees shouldn't delay that, right? :LOL:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
How many pickles could steffen707 pick if steffen707 could pick pickles? if they're Famous Daves spicy pickles......a lot.

waiting for your write up, bad knees shouldn't delay that, right? :LOL:
My wife lady loves the Famous Daves spicy pickles. I'm more of a Bread and Butter guy;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
My wife lady loves the Famous Daves spicy pickles. I'm more of a Bread and Butter guy;)
bread and butter is my 2nd choice then vlassic.....we have a whole shelf in our fridge for pickled items. pickles, olives, sour kraut, mushrooms, giardiniera, lol......

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I let my boy use my JT to go to Prom shortly after I got her. When I got in it the next morning there was a small amount of glitter on the seats and dash. This is what it looked like in my mind:CWL:. The bad part is that after many days of running doorless and topless and many times vacuuming I still find glitter. This poor guy will forever find sand no matter how long he owns it.:(
I'll take Sand over Glitter any day! Glitter thing happened to me yesterday, someone mailed a Christmas card stuffed with the damn stuff, threw the mail on the seat and POOF out comes glitter all over!

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally replaced the factory reflectors in the rear bumper with the lights and mounts that i fabed up. I started this some time back but my knees started giving me problems so it took me a long time to finish them up. I also ran into an issue figuring out what to use for the cover plate in order to get a flush clean look i was looking for. I'll do a wright up soon but for now here are a few pics.

Factory

i-D8Q6gQW-M.jpg

Templets
i-Cnf2DNk-L.jpg

Time to cut
i-M5zRmWq-L.jpg

i-QgqFc9H-M.jpg

i-76tqTSt-L.jpg

Cover plat and retroreflective material
i-MsxJCKx-L.jpg

i-8n3x7WQ-X3.jpg
I posted my mod a while back.... I used some sheet metal for the plate....same lights too! They work great and light up the area well!

20191109_095819_resized.jpg

20191109_095852_resized.jpg

20191109_101309_resized.jpg

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
FF1506BF-D6FF-4805-83B0-56466B0B3B7C.jpeg
I took the first step. I bought one. Have to do that before you can start modding it. Lol
Well you did get the JT to match your sweatshirt!
Sponsored