Sponsored

Exhaust Options

Brettd122

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Billet Silver (35" General ATX)
Hi Everyone,

Really want to upgrade the Gladiator exhaust. I had a Pypes HGC on my JL and loved it! Nice roar, and had zero drone.

I like a louder exhaust, the Magnaflow rock crawler looks like the loudest available right now, but is still too tame for my taste. Anyone have any idea on when the other brands will have their Gladiator exhausts available? Ex. Borla, Flowmaster, Corsa, Pypes, etc..

Hopefully we are talking days, and not months from now!
Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
Gibson has a couple of cat back systems avail.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Hi Everyone,

Really want to upgrade the Gladiator exhaust. I had a Pypes HGC on my JL and loved it! Nice roar, and had zero drone.

I like a louder exhaust, the Magnaflow rock crawler looks like the loudest available right now, but is still too tame for my taste. Anyone have any idea on when the other brands will have their Gladiator exhausts available? Ex. Borla, Flowmaster, Corsa, Pypes, etc..

The magnaflow rock crawler is actually very quiet IMO. Much quieter than the AFE RB I have on my wife's JL. The AFE also isn't that loud to me, but driving it over the weekend I wish the Magnaflow had the same tone. Both have little to no drone at highway speeds, but accelerating the 3" AFE has a more aggressive sound.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
MBRP has a really nice stainless steel high clearance exhaust. Ordered it for my Gladiator. Sounds really nice and it eliminates so much of the un-necessary bulk and low clearance of the factory system.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
The JT has 3 mufflers/resonators under it. Has anyone cut 1 or 2 of them out and had regular exhaust pipe welded in? No reason to buy a whole new cat-back system, just cut out the most restrictive muffler and leave the rest as is. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The JT has 3 mufflers/resonators under it. Has anyone cut 1 or 2 of them out and had regular exhaust pipe welded in? No reason to buy a whole new cat-back system, just cut out the most restrictive muffler and leave the rest as is. Any thoughts?
There is a video on here where a member cut all three mufflers/resonators off and just welded the last one back on. Sounded pretty good.
Just look for it.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
There is a video on here where a member cut all three mufflers/resonators off and just welded the last one back on. Sounded pretty good.
Just look for it.
I just checked that out. I think I will need something more close to a factory look for inspection. I also saw one where a guy removed the 3 jeep mufflers, installed a magna flow in the first position and plain pipe in the other positions.

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Any performance issues with exhaust changes? Increase/decrease of MPG/power? INputs/thoughts?

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Any performance issues with exhaust changes? Increase/decrease of MPG/power? INputs/thoughts?
On a 3.6 you won't be gaining any power, possibly losing a small amount of torque down low, maybe gaining a bit up top. Probably less than the error margin any dyno can read so I wouldn't worry about it. Aftermarket exhausts on engines like these are a noisemaker. If you like the noise, then get it. For any other reason than noise, or physical clearance issues then forget about it.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
On a 3.6 you won't be gaining any power, possibly losing a small amount of torque down low, maybe gaining a bit up top. Probably less than the error margin any dyno can read so I wouldn't worry about it. Aftermarket exhausts on engines like these are a noisemaker. If you like the noise, then get it. For any other reason than noise, or physical clearance issues then forget about it.
I am mainly going for a bit more sound while spending as close to $0 dollars as possible. Maybe just remove the middle muffler and leave the first and third alone.

Jhoude19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT & 1998 Jeep XJ
I have the rock crawler series exhaust and I was hesitant that it was going to be too loud. id say its barely loud over stock. I also have a video of it in the DIY section. if your looking for a decent exhaust I say go for the rock crawler series

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
Hi Everyone,

If you want loud I really don’t think you can do any better than the Flowmaster outlaw extreme. Mash the throttle and the car next to you will shudder, guaranteed.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
The AWE exhaust also is capable of scaring the crap out of pedestrians when you get on it. It is pretty damn loud. It’s the loudest exhaust I’ve had and I’ve had a bunch of v8 aftermarket exhausts.
Sponsored