Sponsored

Mods, how do I stop receiving email notifications?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I've gone into my preferences and made changes and I'm still receiving email notifications for replies to threads I'm watching. Any help would be appreciated as my email is being bombarded. TIA.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I've gone into my preferences and made changes and I'm still receiving email notifications for replies to threads I'm watching. Any help would be appreciated as my email is being bombarded. TIA.
ME TOO !

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Without all the emails I get from here I will have 98% less emails to delete :ontheloo: What else is to do while one is on the johnnny pot.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I went under my watched threads. At the bottom left there is a drop down box. One of the selections is to disable email notifications. The disable feature did not work under my profile selection.
By the way, are their any mods on this forum?

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I went under my watched threads. At the bottom left there is a drop down box. One of the selections is to disable email notifications. The disable feature did not work under my profile selection.
By the way, are their any mods on this forum?
Just made that change. Thanks ZTMAN.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Without all the emails I get from here I will have 98% less emails to delete :ontheloo: What else is to do while one is on the johnnny pot.
Just revisited MY Contact Information and you can deselect the email thing in a few places . . . I did . . . now to see it that worked in a few days ! ?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Go into the thread that you replied to... at the top it says in a tab “Unwatch thread” hit that and boom no more emails!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Go into the thread that you replied to... at the top it says in a tab “Unwatch thread” hit that and boom no more emails!
Well I don't want to NOT be able to watch the thread HERE ! ? Does this approach do that ? I did it the way I said .

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Well I don't want to NOT be able to watch the thread HERE ! ? Does this approach do that ? I did it the way I said .
When you reply to a post, after posting your reply click on edit in your new post and scroll to bottom you will see option to NOT get email notifications. Save changes and it will be in your notifications but not in your email.you don’t need to do it for every post, but for every new thread you post in. Alternatively you can select unwatch for the thread and save then select watch and make sure email is turned off before you save again.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
One thing that I have found that works for me is that when I receive an email there is a link in the footnotes to 'disable emails from this thread'. I click on this link and update preferences and I do not receive any other emails for that thread.

Some threads I like notifications, just not all of them.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
It does the same thing for me. I've never hit watched threads ect then all of a sudden every post I make I get emails saying someone commented or attached a file. Tried in selecting the watched thread and no luck.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When you reply to a post, after posting your reply click on edit in your new post and scroll to bottom you will see option to NOT get email notifications. Save changes and it will be in your notifications but not in your email.you don’t need to do it for every post, but for every new thread you post in. Alternatively you can select unwatch for the thread and save then select watch and make sure email is turned off before you save again.
Way to many clic-ways to FineTune what you do or do not see or get . . . but I suppose it's the Nature of the Beast .
I've delved into all the Options from my icon and "clicked-away" to my hearts content . . . now I'll just sit back enjoy the show and see what shows up or doesn't next time I go to my email ! ? How about a ONE STOP SHOPPING OPTION on the email thing . . . "click here" if you want NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AT ALL . . . that would be nice .

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
It’s in your preferences under options. Uncheck ‘and receive email notifications’.