Sponsored

Need help with Rubicon pricing

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
I ordered my Gladiator Rubicon in the middle of November. Just started reading some of these threads on pricing. Going to get in touch with my salesman to discuss the price as it looks like I'm at approx. 4% under MSRP. From what I've read I should be able to get approx. 10% under invoice. My MSRP/sticker price is 56175.00. Selling price is 53,932.00 which is approx. 4%. If I got approx. 10% I'd be looking at another 3374.00 off.
Am I correct with how I'm doing my numbers? Anyone have input? I put a 500.00 deposit but personally from what I'm reading I should be able to get way more off which more than offset my deposit if they refuse to work with me and I walk and find another dealer and reorder it.
The security fee on there is window etching done by the dealership. Already told salesman that is coming off. Not paying for that.

gladiator price pic.jpg
Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Well, I always believe that the two best things to have in any negotiation are (1) good information, and (2) options. So here's this:

https://www.dupagechryslerdodgejeep...iator-rubicon-4x4-crew-cab-1c6jjtbg5ll126913/

Now you know that some dealers are deeply discounting Rubicons without even negotiating...and you know that the discount is quite a bit more than what you're being offered. Maybe you already knew this!

Basically, I'd go into your dealer and say that if they can't match this price, you'll take your business elsewhere. Yes, you'll need to factor in shipping for a car purchased out of state, but that shouldn't be more than about $425, well worth the additional savings.

I bought my Gladiator from this dealership and would be happy to put you in touch with the person I worked with. Dealers near me weren't willing to come down from sticker price so I just walked away from them and saved a ton. I purchased a $62,500 launch edition for about $54,500.

You can do better...it's just a matter of how much work you're willing to put into the deal. But, at least now you have information and options. :)

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I negotiated my final price prior to ordering, no surprises. Got invoice (not msrp) minus 3% and another $500 military off.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Well, I always believe that the two best things to have in any negotiation are (1) good information, and (2) options. So here's this:

https://www.dupagechryslerdodgejeep...iator-rubicon-4x4-crew-cab-1c6jjtbg5ll126913/

Now you know that some dealers are deeply discounting Rubicons without even negotiating...and you know that the discount is quite a bit more than what you're being offered. Maybe you already knew this!

Basically, I'd go into your dealer and say that if they can't match this price, you'll take your business elsewhere. Yes, you'll need to factor in shipping for a car purchased out of state, but that shouldn't be more than about $425, well worth the additional savings.

I bought my Gladiator from this dealership and would be happy to put you in touch with the person I worked with. Dealers near me weren't willing to come down from sticker price so I just walked away from them and saved a ton. I purchased a $62,500 launch edition for about $54,500.

You can do better...it's just a matter of how much work you're willing to put into the deal. But, at least now you have information and options. :)

THANK YOU!!

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
THANK YOU!!
You're welcome. I worked with Tom Conway - he's the general sales manager, very responsive and we had the deal done in about 3 minutes. He doesn't waste time, and I appreciate that.

Let me know if I can help - you should get the truck you want without overpaying!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome. I worked with Tom Conway - he's the general sales manager, very responsive and we had the deal done in about 3 minutes. He doesn't waste time, and I appreciate that.

Let me know if I can help - you should get the truck you want without overpaying!![/QUOTE

Thanks again. I'm going to take this info. I also read of a jeep dealership in Coatesville, PA that on this forum announced doing 5% under invoice and go to my salesman. I'll present the facts and the fact is we are not just talking a few bucks but thousands. For that...not playing, I'll walk and go elsewhere