Sponsored

Anybody had the horrible roll up bed cover replaced?

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I originally had the three piece Mopar cover put on and then told the dealer to take it off. It look so cheap, the edges were unfinished and not painted. It looks like they rushed to get it out on the market. I now have a truck covers USA top and love it...

535F36E1-DA71-4E5E-8FAA-F12BBE4C97F2.jpeg

53104605-536A-4C70-B8BC-95282970E832.jpeg

1CAE6C34-BF5F-4522-8AD5-532F0A5042F7.jpeg
Sponsored

ryan-g186

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Saw that at SEMA. Dude that demo’ed it said he had one on his Colorado. It was the absolute coolest and best cover I saw there. He got on top of it and stood on it, moved around a bit and said he sleeps on his when he goes camping with a blow up mattress. I’m going to get one next year sometime. I had a video of the demo but I’m pretty sure I deleted it due to lack of storage and too many beers..

May I ask how much you paid for it?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto Mine works perfectly
I only wish mine didn't sag so bad - dealer said "they all do that, there's nothing we can do" and refused to even check into it after finding zero adjustment.
For that matter, they also said that the uconnect error of "some apps are unavailable" is nothing they know about and can't do anything about it.
If it's not totally broken and falling off seems most dealers won't mess with things.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Saw that at SEMA. Dude that demo’ed it said he had one on his Colorado. It was the absolute coolest and best cover I saw there. He got on top of it and stood on it, moved around a bit and said he sleeps on his when he goes camping with a blow up mattress. I’m going to get one next year sometime. I had a video of the demo but I’m pretty sure I deleted it due to lack of storage and too many beers..

May I ask how much you paid for it?
$1,900

Sponsored

ryan-g186

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the Glad into the dealer. Service Manager Adam and Technician Matt did great. Mopar sent the wrong tonneau cover but it ended up working out better on my end. Swapped the terrible roll up for a trifold (pleather/leather) cover. Looks great and definitely doesn’t sag or flap in the wind. Jeepland of Centerville did great!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I may have to make some calls or wait another month for my Jeep wave stuff to arrive or something because my dealers won't do shXX for my cover.
Frustrating as they won't even think about it.
Maybe if the cover blew off or ripped due to water and ice they'd finally do something
No, the clowns around here would blame me for not having it latched!

No comments even from Jeep support here....... so they must agree that it's not really an issue.

ryan-g186

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a known issue around here. Dealer would only swap it for the same cover but I lucked out a bit and got a different cover due to a shipping error. I’ve also been asked by the Jeepcares member on this board to PM them but it never came to that thankfully. Maybe they will chime in...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a known issue around here. Dealer would only swap it for the same cover but I lucked out a bit and got a different cover due to a shipping error. I’ve also been asked by the Jeepcares member on this board to PM them but it never came to that thankfully. Maybe they will chime in...
I'd be thrilled if the dealer would swap for a new like type cover. I like the cover, don't like the saggy fit and water pooling which we know WILL eventually cause bigger trouble.
I mentioned @JeepCares here but nothing so far.
My dealer wouldn't even look for bulletins, etc. - they worked with it about 10 minutes - taking out the screws that hold the latches to the sides of the box, saw they were threaded holes, no adjustment, put it back and said sorry, that's just how they are.
It's another case where if that's how they were, then we'd never see pictures of the nice fitting ones that people have kindly posted here.

ryan-g186

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya. Understood. Can you climb the chain Of command at the dealership? Are they a dealership that reveres their online reviews? See where I’m going ? I’m sure you have thought of this stuff already but it works. Two years ago I had a GT350 and the front splitter fell off at 75 mph on the highway due to a bad install and it took 6 months but finally it was replaced and they gave us some nice stuff in the end to make up for our troubles. We took it all the way up to Ford Corporate. The manager who was a huge douchebag finally had to fess up and admit they messed up. I’m just saying stay on their ass and eventually they will give. Today when I took the gladiator in I brought a dozen donuts. I was in and out in a hour. Lol

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ya. Understood. Can you climb the chain Of command at the dealership? Are they a dealership that reveres their online reviews? See where I’m going ? I’m sure you have thought of this stuff already but it works. Two years ago I had a GT350 and the front splitter fell off at 75 mph on the highway due to a bad install and it took 6 months but finally it was replaced and they gave us some nice stuff in the end to make up for our troubles. We took it all the way up to Ford Corporate. The manager who was a huge douchebag finally had to fess up and admit they messed up. I’m just saying stay on their ass and eventually they will give. Today when I took the gladiator in I brought a dozen donuts. I was in and out in a hour. Lol
Worth a shot I guess. The dealerships within about 40 minutes are all corporate owned - the same mother company. Shouldn't have to drive to 3 or 4 different Jeep dealers to get something done so could try the reviews. At least there's pictures! That helps.
These dealerships have cookies, popcorn, coffee and hot chocolate all out for the customers, do donuts wouldn't do much. Maybe sushi?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I am kind of liking my roll up on the Gladiator. Just took the F150. with a Ford trifold, to pick up a Christmas present. Tri fold was froze to the top of the tail gate.That won't happen on the Gladiator. Should have took that to get the present.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Actually........... I washed my truck, the temps dropped 20 degrees and when I went to get my tail gate open - I had to yank and yank and finally - pow - it opened. It was frozen to the seal along the back edge of my roll-up cover - where the seal makes contact with the top of the inside of the tail gate.
I noticed this week after driving it in the snow that there was snow where the seal contacts the tail gate so it would have frozen again but I had used a silicone vinyl and weatherstrip product on it.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
I'm sorry you've had trouble. I just returned from a 1700 mile trip to northern NY, went through driving rainstorms, high winds and snow with no problem. The bed was completely full with luggage and I was careful not to create a bulge so the cover was flat while stretched open. No water got in whatsoever.
Can the people with no sags post some pictures of their covers so @JeepCares can see the difference between a good cover and our saggy covers.

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
ok off subject I know but @ShadowsPapa the cat face creeps me out. I don't know why but it does :surprised:

creepy.JPG
Sponsored