Auto-Breaking Issues

Diefenthalj1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was driving down the highway around 60 mph in the rain, and my new Gladiator Rubicon came screeching to a halt. I was in heavy traffic, and there was a semi behind me that had to swerve around me to avoid slamming into me. Luckily, the break released and I was able to quickly accelerate and avoid a potentially fatal accident. My guess is the rain triggered the auto-breaking. I have since turned off this feature. Has anyone experienced any issues with the auto-breaking feature?
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I was driving down the highway around 60 mph in the rain, and my new Gladiator Rubicon came screeching to a halt. I was in heavy traffic, and there was a semi behind me that had to swerve around me to avoid slamming into me. Luckily, the break released and I was able to quickly accelerate and avoid a potentially fatal accident. My guess is the rain triggered the auto-breaking. I have since turned off this feature. Has anyone experienced any issues with the auto-breaking feature?
That sounds terrifying. Either Jeep hasn't calibrated it properly, or an auto-off function isn't working correctly. For instance, my wife's Mazda CX-5 has auto-braking. In heavy rain, it turns off because it can't "see" the road well enough. A little warning appears on the instrument cluster. This, to me, is the correct technical solution to the problem of rain interfering with the system.

I hope Jeep gets it sorted for you.

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Same thing here. It does it every day on my way to work at the same location. But never to complete stop

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
It happens without being without cruise control being engaged

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
It happens without being without cruise control being engaged
Hello teneck83,
We are sorry to hear about your concern. If you have not already done so, we would suggest addressing this with your local Jeep dealer. If you decide to go this route and would like additional assistance, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
JeepCares

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you give guidance as to how to disable this feature?

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Same EXACT thing happened to me in the rain last week. I just posted about it before seeing this post. Absolutely terrifying. I'll make an appointment asap and turn the feature off in the meantime.
Sponsored