Not open for further replies.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Well I have to say the 3” pro-x rides better than stock. I’m running the kit with Fox 2.0 and love the ride. @Rock Krawler Suspension when I fully flex the suspension in the rear my spring get loose. What’s the recommendations for limiting straps?
Did you have to replace your rear brake lines with the fox shocks you are running? Also can you share the Fox part numbers that you use front and rear?
Sponsored

JonnyU

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Did you have to replace your rear brake lines with the fox shocks you are running? Also can you share the Fox part numbers that you use front and rear?
I think I am going to replace the brake lines next. As the suspension flex enough to stretch the brake lines. I’m not sure if that’s normal.
Front 985-24-179
Rear 985-24-221
Shocks were recommended by Northridge 4x4

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I think I am going to replace the brake lines next. As the suspension flex enough to stretch the brake lines. I’m not sure if that’s normal.
Front 985-24-179
Rear 985-24-221
Shocks were recommended by Northridge 4x4
Thanks for the info. I’m really surprised the springs are coming loose with the factory brakelines still being used. I threw a Mopar 2” kit on while I am waiting on my RK pro x and the brake lines are stretched tight also but the springs don’t become loose. I’m going to replace my lines just because I don’t like seeing them stretch even though it’s not a lot

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I've gotten all the control arms and the track bars (I ordered the rear as well since I didn't get the Pro X) still waiting on springs, shocks, and bump stops.
Waiting on springs, shocks, rear Pro X. Need to buy some of the 000 grease.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Is it required to be lifted for the Pro-x rear end upgrade, or can I just replace upper/lower control arms and ditch the track bar then lift and adjust it later? @Rock Krawler Suspension
You would be the first to try. I would anticipate that you'd have an issue with the upper arms clearing but nothing that couldn't be worked around.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 3 inch Pro-X No limits kit on Black Friday from North Ridge and have begun getting it in pieces(front upper, front track bar, and rear lowers so far).
Opted to order some Falcon 2.1 series 2-3.5" lift shocks with the kit for now(I'm planning to go with their new 3.3 aDapt when they come out in a few months, looked fantastic at SEMA) and those arrived today as well. Has anyone ran these parts together? I couldn't find compressed/extended lengths of the Falcons so I just measured them when they arrived and I'm a bit surprised in their lengths. The front is about 27 1/2 extended, rear is about 28 1/2 extended, front around 9 1/2" travel, rear about 10" travel when I measure the exposed shaft on each.

RockKrawler lists the following specs for the kit:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.5” Collapsed/ 29.5” Maximum Extended..... (12" travel)
Generic Rear Shock Length – 17” Collapsed/ 28” Maximum Extended...... (11" travel)

Based on that it seems the rear shocks are about right, but the fronts are certainly short. Input anyone?

Also @Rock Krawler Suspension What are your recommendations on bump stop spacing based on my above info? Anything that I may have overlooked to get this installed when the rest of the kit shows up?

Thanks.
I think your rear may require a limit strap, we stop at 28" to protect the sway bar and the rear brake lines, 28.5" could be enough to damage them in the right conditions.

Your front just sounds short on extension, what is the compressed dimension? from what you've provided it sounds like roughly 18" which seems long.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I have to say the 3” pro-x rides better than stock. I’m running the kit with Fox 2.0 and love the ride. @Rock Krawler Suspension when I fully flex the suspension in the rear my spring get loose. What’s the recommendations for limiting straps?
How long are your rear shocks? For limiting straps, any brand of your choice with hardware that works for you.

Edit: Just looked up the part number you provided for the rear shocks and they're about 2.5" longer than we would want to see you run in the rear.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on springs, shocks, rear Pro X. Need to buy some of the 000 grease.
Likely you will not need 000 grease, we are in a transition that will be announced soon but, if you have silver set screws in your joints, you can use conventional #2 grease. If you have black set screws you will need 000. Everything made here in the last 2 months has been silver, and will use #2. #000 will not hurt the newest stuff, just more expensive than #2.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
@Rock Krawler Suspension I ordered The Pro X cradle and some arms on Black Friday, looks like it’s all being dropped shipped from you. I haven’t seen any tracking numbers yet. About how long out are you guys on shipping? Thanks and excited to get this put together.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Rock Krawler Suspension, i watched your video on jam nuts and it said to use red Loctite on the nuts, my question which red Loctite? Is blue 243 an option?

Sponsored

Taznc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi everyone. I purchased the 3.0 X-Factor No Limits kit a couple of weeks ago and I was supposed to have it installed next week as we are waiting on one part from Rock Krawler. We were initially told it should be delivered this week. My shop called them and found out that apparently this part will not even ship until the 20th. This means that the part will not arrive until around Christmas and installation will not occur until the new year.

It is pretty disappointing as I was told all parts were in stock and should arrive within 10 days of the purchase. I had parts delivered from a few other vendors and they are all waiting at the shop for this last Rock Krawler part. I have a trip planned for the weekend of the 20th and I fully expected the installation to be complete by then as per the ETAs provided. I just wanted to let everyone know that it seems to take quite a long time to receive parts from Rock Krawler so plan accordingly.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi everyone. I purchased the 3.0 X-Factor No Limits kit a couple of weeks ago and I was supposed to have it installed next week as we are waiting on one part from Rock Krawler. We were initially told it should be delivered this week. My shop called them and found out that apparently this part will not even ship until the 20th. This means that the part will not arrive until around Christmas and installation will not occur until the new year.

It is pretty disappointing as I was told all parts were in stock and should arrive within 10 days of the purchase. I had parts delivered from a few other vendors and they are all waiting at the shop for this last Rock Krawler part. I have a trip planned for the weekend of the 20th and I fully expected the installation to be complete by then as per the ETAs provided. I just wanted to let everyone know that it seems to take quite a long time to receive parts from Rock Krawler so plan accordingly.
Not good news, i was hoping before Christmas also. I have a few parts i was hoping the rest would follow quickly.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I’m also in the same boat and disappointed. I called RK and was told shipping was still several weeks out which we know means 3 weeks plus and another week to get across country. I now am wishing I went another route. I’m wondering if there was a design change included in the delay and if we are going to be the trial batch. The cradle seems like a great idea but honestly it hasn’t really been out that long and I’m hoping problems don’t present themselves down the road with it. I hate when I regret purchases especially when I was under the impression it was ready to be shipped. I’ve been dealing with RK for years and this is a first for me with their customer service. I’m hoping it’s just a bump in the road. The snow is falling and I have no parts to get out and play in it.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m also in the same boat and disappointed. I called RK and was told shipping was still several weeks out which we know means 3 weeks plus and another week to get across country. I now am wishing I went another route. I’m wondering if there was a design change included in the delay and if we are going to be the trial batch. The cradle seems like a great idea but honestly it hasn’t really been out that long and I’m hoping problems don’t present themselves down the road with it. I hate when I regret purchases especially when I was under the impression it was ready to be shipped. I’ve been dealing with RK for years and this is a first for me with their customer service. I’m hoping it’s just a bump in the road. The snow is falling and I have no parts to get out and play in it.
Fortunately the cradle concept has been around for awhile from other companies it should not have been that hard for RK to incorporate it in the JT.

I too was under the impression that kits were shipping, i have pieces of the kit i hope someone is keeping track of what i still need.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Fortunately the cradle concept has been around for awhile from other companies it should not have been that hard for RK to incorporate it in the JT.

I too was under the impression that kits were shipping, i have pieces of the kit i hope someone is keeping track of what i still need.
The cradle has been around yes, but new to the Gladiator, using the frame brackets with the newer thinner frame materials and tapping out the axle housing. The concept has been around but the design for this axle and truck is all new so only time will tell. Looks like I’ll be one of the test dummies. I saw several at SEMA but they were mostly for show. I have yet to see footage of it in action out on the trail. Looks good showing The flex with a fork lift but I’m hoping that wasn’t the product testing stage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.