Sponsored

EVO / Metal Cloak or RK 2.5 - 3 inch lift ?

DAKINE

First Name
DAKINE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR RUBICON
Looking to get the best product all in one set. I notice members here buy EVO lifts then get a Steer smart track bar, then rear metal cloak or just gather parts from different manufacturers and make their own kit. Any recommendations for a kit that I'll be good with without shopping multiple manufacturers for parts? Shocks for sure I"ll do Kings.
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Looking to get the best product all in one set. I notice members here buy EVO lifts then get a Steer smart track bar, then rear metal cloak or just gather parts from different manufacturers and make their own kit. Any recommendations for a kit that I'll be good with without shopping multiple manufacturers for parts? Shocks for sure I"ll do Kings.
My past experience has been Metalcloak and RK. For the Gladiator i decided on the RK 3" Pro X Unlimited. Both of these Metalcloak and RK produce a complete kit that should serve you well.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
i'm the same MetalCloak & Rockrawler are built right and very complete, & you can start with basic & build on it. or just do it all at once.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Im a bit of an ocd mechanic and I started piecing mine together from RK. Their support on here is beyond impressive and that triangulated rear and triple rate rear spring shows so innovation and attention to detail. Install instructions are amazing too.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Im a bit of an ocd mechanic and I started piecing mine together from RK. Their support on here is beyond impressive and that triangulated rear and triple rate rear spring shows so innovation and attention to detail. Install instructions are amazing too.
You're going to make me blush.

But seriously, thank you.

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I've also been back and forth between the MC and RK websites. Still not ready to pull the trigger but heavily leaning towards RK due to the Pro-x rear trackbar delete setup. Also highly interested in the MC 6-pack shocks. So...possibly slightly frankensteining my rig

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've also been back and forth between the MC and RK websites. Still not ready to pull the trigger but heavily leaning towards RK due to the Pro-x rear trackbar delete setup. Also highly interested in the MC 6-pack shocks. So...possibly slightly frankensteining my rig
We're adapting 6 Packs into a customer's JLUR with our Adventure X long arm right now. MC hasn't released the dimensions of the 6 pack JT rears yet so I'm not sure yet how that'll pair up.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
We're adapting 6 Packs into a customer's JLUR with our Adventure X long arm right now. MC hasn't released the dimensions of the 6 pack JT rears yet so I'm not sure yet how that'll pair up.
Does it appear that it may cause an issue requiring limiting straps? IE, do the shocks allow too much down travel, allowing the springs to become loose?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it appear that it may cause an issue requiring limiting straps? IE, do the shocks allow too much down travel, allowing the springs to become loose?
No one will know that answer until they release dimensions.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologize for the confusion, I meant specifically on the JLUR you're setting up.
This jeep has a Pro Rock 80 in it already and they were running limiting straps to protect the shocks already with the Game Changer kit they had. The weight of that axle is more than what any shock would be comfortable hanging without a limiting strap. We will have to move the brackets a little but will reuse those straps to protect the shocks.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This jeep has a Pro Rock 80 in it already and they were running limiting straps to protect the shocks already with the Game Changer kit they had. The weight of that axle is more than what any shock would be comfortable hanging without a limiting strap. We will have to move the brackets a little but will reuse those straps to protect the shocks.
Are you guys installing a Rockrawler suspension on Lite Brite rig ? Prolly lol ?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys installing a Rockrawler suspension on Lite Brite rig ? Prolly lol ?
Stepchild is going long arm in our R&D shop as we speak.

Kevin and Brittany are doing a meet and greet with fans at our shop tonight if anybody is local and wants to come by.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Stepchild is going long arm in our R&D shop as we speak.

Kevin and Brittany are doing a meet and greet with fans at our shop tonight if anybody is local and wants to come by.
that's what I figured , cool I would drop by if I was local. cant wait to see them thrash that suspension lol

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's what I figured , cool I would drop by if I was local. cant wait to see them thrash that suspension lol
Kevin is already talking about jumping it...

What we figured out late last night is that 6packs wont work on the rear. With the way our 3 link rear moves shock mounting points, and the fully extended dimensions of the 6pack, it simply won't have enough down travel to be functional and far more uptravel than the tire/fender clearance would ever allow. We're looking for around 32.5-33" of shock extended length and the 6Packs limit at roughly 29". Of course we could move mounts and make it happen but the idea is for them to be on production parts and these guys need to get on the road for their next event so time has become critical. And to balance out the vehicle we will do matching shocks front and rear. Nothing against MC or 6packs, they just didn't work for this application in the rear.
Sponsored