Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks - Any Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I looked on the site to begin with and only saw Ford items.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Sorry for going MIA recently - been scrambling to get everything ready for SEMA. Utility rail kits are almost ready to ship! I didn't want to accept payment before we had the majority of parts ready because I'm trying to be as aggressive as possible with pricing and you never really know until manufacturing is complete. Look for details later tonight - working on writing them up and a short summary video right now!

(pictured below with red 3d printed end cap. tooling for those is taking longer than expected, hence the delay. production units will be black)

h278C8O.jpg

Matt

Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Hey everyone--I am thinking of getting a set of these but had a couple of questions:

@BuiltRight , I've got the Mopar Tri fold hard tonneau cover which has the flexible drain lines that connect at the front of the bed. Is there enough room to route these behind or have an option to cut out a portion of the front racks to allow those lines?

For those of you with Power Tanks: Before I order the racks I want to figure out a good solution for mounting. It looks like there is 16" of clearance from the bottom of the bed to the tonneau cover, yet the Power tank is over 23" tall (10# with regulators and guard). It looks like the mount plate that came with my Powertank may work if you rotate the bottle 90 degrees and lean the tank back at an angle and then mount the plate to the Builtright rack at an angle. Has anyone tried this successfully or do you have any other methods for mounting a PT?

Thanks!

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Hey everyone--I am thinking of getting a set of these but had a couple of questions:

@BuiltRight , I've got the Mopar Tri fold hard tonneau cover which has the flexible drain lines that connect at the front of the bed. Is there enough room to route these behind or have an option to cut out a portion of the front racks to allow those lines?

For those of you with Power Tanks: Before I order the racks I want to figure out a good solution for mounting. It looks like there is 16" of clearance from the bottom of the bed to the tonneau cover, yet the Power tank is over 23" tall (10# with regulators and guard). It looks like the mount plate that came with my Powertank may work if you rotate the bottle 90 degrees and lean the tank back at an angle and then mount the plate to the Builtright rack at an angle. Has anyone tried this successfully or do you have any other methods for mounting a PT?

Thanks!
I have been racking my brain over my power tank. I am really surprised when I reached out to them, they did not have much to say and gave me little confidence they were putting any priority into a solution.

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have been racking my brain over my power tank. I am really surprised when I reached out to them, they did not have much to say and gave me little confidence they were putting any priority into a solution.
Our panels should be a great solution for the powertank using their bracket. We have TONS of Ford customers using them like you describe, at an angle. The lower mounting point on our panels is important with an item that heavy, so if you mount it at an angle, mount it leaning forward to keep that mass near a rigid mounting location. Make sense?

Maybe I'll pick up a powertank with their most updated mount to experiment with.

Matt

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Our panels should be a great solution for the powertank using their bracket. We have TONS of Ford customers using them like you describe, at an angle. The lower mounting point on our panels is important with an item that heavy, so if you mount it at an angle, mount it leaning forward to keep that mass near a rigid mounting location. Make sense?

Maybe I'll pick up a powertank with their most updated mount to experiment with.

Matt
Thanks Matt - I am extremely interested and will look around to see if I can see any examples. The amount of worry I have about it bouncing around while I am on the trails or in Moab on the rock keeps me up at night. I have seen only one other option that is a raised cross-member mount. If you guys can solve this with confidence, you will be praised! Powertank does not seem like they even want to look at mounts.

Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just playing with it, looks like if you mount the PT mount on the side and lean it back to 30-45 degrees it would sit low enough. The question is whether it will mate to the BR rack at this angle or maybe an adapter plate is needed...
91F3035B-527F-4F39-91B6-EEC9CA3C6332.jpeg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Just playing with it, looks like if you mount the PT mount on the side and lean it back to 30-45 degrees it would sit low enough. The question is whether it will mate to the BR rack at this angle or maybe an adapter plate is needed...
91F3035B-527F-4F39-91B6-EEC9CA3C6332.jpeg
Looks like a big metal bracket on there, easy to drill a few holes if they don't all line up.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a big metal bracket on there, easy to drill a few holes if they don't all line up.
Well when you say it like that... clearly I may be overthinking this! Looks like I’ll get these ordered up soon and see if we can figure it out.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well when you say it like that... clearly I may be overthinking this! Looks like I’ll get these ordered up soon and see if we can figure it out.
You can figure it out., maybe I'm over simplifying it, but figure out the angle you want hopefully find one bolt hole that lines up and go from there.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.