Sponsored

We just re-Geared our Gladiator, very happy with our choice - Video inside with RPMs

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Well we had to wait 4 1/2 months for our Rear Diff to be replaced, its been done and now we got our gears done.. It has made a major difference....

Here is the video:

If anyone has questions, feel free to message on our channel or below.
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Good information, thanks.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When we were looking to put gears in our gladiator I don’t remember seeing Anyone Showing Highway, RPMs that was the most important part for me to make sure it wasn’t too high but we are super happy we didn’t notice too much of a gas mileage increase but it’s definitely a lot easier drive and I can’t wait to take it off road

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
FYI: They went with 5.13 gears because they will be going to 38's (they're on 37's now). Not sure why/how you made that decision and I didn't hear that discussed in the vid.

Good to see this but video channel vlogging pro's/semi-professionals using "sponsorships" do, IMO, take the fun out of this stuff for the rest of us who aren't doing this "hobby" for the $$$

I remember the day (still today) where people into JEEPs and offroading and camping (before "overlanding") shared this info just because they wanted to talk about what they did so others could learn from it.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FYI: They went with 5.13 gears because they will be going to 38's (they're on 37's now). Not sure why/how you made that decision and I didn't hear that discussed in the vid.

Good to see this but video channel vlogging pro's/semi-professionals using "sponsorships" do, IMO, take the fun out of this stuff for the rest of us who aren't doing this "hobby" for the $$$

I remember the day (still today) where people into JEEPs and offroading and camping (before "overlanding") shared this info just because they wanted to talk about what they did so others could learn from it.
So true. I take anything from the youtube posters with a grain of salt as most are young and obviously inexperienced. I want to hear from the guy who spent his own money so an honest opinion can be heard and not some fluffy beat around the bush assessment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

We agree with you, we got lucky with the lift sponsorship, but now are currently changing out parts and paying out of our own pocket. This is why our youtube channel is going to be more VLOG style (so people follow us vs the stuff we have) and we only share JT stuff when its in the video. Summer we plan on over-landing for 6 months and none of it is sponsored..

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Great video and the results are exactly what has been seen on two JLUs done here in the last 6 months. Perfect choice.
Mine is sitting on 5.13s and the stock 33s right now. Getting the 37s and lift installed in the next two weeks.
For now, it's pretty quick but surprisingly very manageable otherwise. 37s will be perfect as we have seen 3X now.
Make sure you set you dash display so you can see gear usage.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Great video and the results are exactly what has been seen on two JLUs done here in the last 6 months. Perfect choice.
Mine is sitting on 5.13s and the stock 33s right now. Getting the 37s and lift installed in the next two weeks.
For now, it's pretty quick but surprisingly very manageable otherwise. 37s will be perfect as we have seen 3X now.
Make sure you set you dash display so you can see gear usage.
How/why did you decide on 5.13’s instead of 4.88’s?

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
How/why did you decide on 5.13’s instead of 4.88’s?
Sorry, been offline for a bit. My personal decision is simply based on data and actual real life results which the above video subject video emulates perfectly. To be clear, if I lived in a low elevation state I would likely opt for 4.88s, however, 95% of my driving is at ~5000 feet where we are dealt a ~15% hp/tq reduction. The 5.13s only turn ~110 rpm more at 70 mph which is hardly noticeable yet aids in holding 8th a bit better on slight grades with the degraded torque available at elevation.
Again, this is just my view... I would say it's a personal preference that meets your particular needs. The difference in the 4.88 and 5.13 gears is minimal but a choice none the less.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, been offline for a bit. My personal decision is simply based on data and actual real life results which the above video subject video emulates perfectly. To be clear, if I lived in a low elevation state I would likely opt for 4.88s, however, 95% of my driving is at ~5000 feet where we are dealt a ~15% hp/tq reduction. The 5.13s only turn ~110 rpm more at 70 mph which is hardly noticeable yet aids in holding 8th a bit better on slight grades with the degraded torque available at elevation.
Again, this is just my view... I would say it's a personal preference that meets your particular needs. The difference in the 4.88 and 5.13 gears is minimal but a choice none the less.
thanks for taking the time to explain how and why you decided on 5.13’s instead of 4.88’s!

I’m going with 4.13’s and you’ve reinforced that decision <Edit: WTF?! Not sure how I typed that. I'm going with 4.88's >

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I'm still stuck 4:88 vs 5:13. I'm about to order my new gears. For me power/RPM is of minimal importance. It moves just fine stock. But this is a highway vehicle (I work 50 miles from home), plus I travel to Colorado, New Mexico and all around Texas, So for me MPG improvement is the most important gain from regearing (I'm down t o14-14.5 at around 70 MPG on my 37"s), everything else is just icing on the cake. I'll be happy with 2mpg gain. Have ya'll that regeared noticed significant MPG changes now that it's been a couple of weeks?

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm still stuck 4:88 vs 5:13. I'm about to order my new gears. For me power/RPM is of minimal importance. It moves just fine stock. But this is a highway vehicle (I work 50 miles from home), plus I travel to Colorado, New Mexico and all around Texas, So for me MPG improvement is the most important gain from regearing (I'm down t o14-14.5 at around 70 MPG on my 37"s), everything else is just icing on the cake. I'll be happy with 2mpg gain. Have ya'll that regeared noticed significant MPG changes now that it's been a couple of weeks?
4:56? I believe this gets you back to stock gearing with 37`s.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
4:56? I believe this gets you back to stock gearing with 37`s.
Got to take rolling resistance and weight of the heavier tires into account. I don't think being exactly back to stock is the answer. I could be wrong though,

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Not sure running 37’s is a mod fir someone wanting good MOGs but I like your style :champagne:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI: I’m now running 4.88 gears with 37x12.50/R17 tires - runs great!

5E036906-089B-4EB3-8960-C38EB8866828.jpeg
Sponsored