New to Jeeping, looking for nice trails in NW Washington State

JeepWill19

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I live in Skagit county and am new to the Jeep community. Finally pulled the trigger after many years of wanting a Jeep. Looking for recommendations of some easier, fun trails to get the family into Jeeping.
Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
Im in south east Marysville. I feel the Gladiator is too big for most of the trails at places like Walker Valley. Tahuya across the pond to the peninsula should be ok since TFL did a comparison off road test between the Gladiator and the Ranger there. Any of the logging or forest service roads are great especially since we are finally getting some snow! If you would like to get out in the snow hit me up! Night runs are the best times out there.

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
I haven’t been up to Evans creek ORV area in about 17 years but you might check it out. The harder stuff would have been too tight back then but I don’t know what it’s like these days. I think some of the forest roads would be fine and there are some great viewpoints of rainier.

I live a short drive from Tahuya, it’s ok as a legal place to go on some trails and I’m greatfull for those that put in the time to maintain and build trails but it’s really not that spectacular.

Probably the best thing to do would be to scout out forest roads in the mountains and explore. There is a large network of forest roads and trails off hwy 410, such as the area they call Naches / funny rocks/moon rocks .. search around greenwater to cliffdell.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
There is also the WA BDR. Some trails on the north end of Lake Cle Elum.

OP
OP
JeepWill19

JeepWill19

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Thanks for all the info guys. I've heard the Twin Lakes Trailhead up by Mt. Baker is a good one. I'll be checking out the local forestry office for backroad info as well.

The Forest Service website has some good info on roads and seasonal conditions.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=80255

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/states/WA

i like this site to get an idea of what is in an area that i'm interested in.
if youre married make sure you have a bank acct for counseling in the event that your wife doesnt understand your new addiction.
Sponsored