Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
It's nice that there is no cutting, that's a huge bonus. But the piping itself looks small and restrictive to me. It cant possibly flow as much as the Mopar one.
I think that would be a pretty safe bet. The MOPAR one is a beast...might be overkill - I have not checked the flow rates.
Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
I am waiting for this one to come out (Rugged Ridge). Low and high profile swappable....

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...ladiator-jt/hi-low-mount-snorkel-system-jl-jt

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.32.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.32.23 AM.png
This was the one I was interested in as well, but then I saw a video of the install, and the black plastic part that replaces the OEM piece at the base of the A pillar really didn't fit well...and the plastic looked very cheap. I am hoping RR will address both of those issues.

Seriously, it was one of the worst fitting pieces I've ever seen on a final product. I'll try to find the video.

Here it is: .

Fast forward to 4:30 in the video and look at the corner where it's supposed to tuck against the A pillar. You could fit a couple fingers in that gap.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This was the one I was interested in as well, but then I saw a video of the install, and the black plastic part that replaces the OEM piece at the base of the A pillar really didn't fit well...and the plastic looked very cheap. I am hoping RR will address both of those issues.

Seriously, it was one of the worst fitting pieces I've ever seen on a final product. I'll try to find the video.

Fast forward to 4:30 in the video and look at the corner where it's supposed to tuck against the A pillar. You could fit a couple fingers in that gap.
Good point. At 11:06 and 11:29 they show some shots of high and low mount (taken later). They must-have fixed it by then. It would be nice to know what they did (I am guessing that the cut they made at 4:29 was either not level or needed a slope.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I cant tell from the picture, does the snorkel prevent the windshield from coming down?
Good question. The low-profile option appears to replace 1:1 the Jeep side panel...so I would guess that you could fold down without a problem.

Sponsored

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Good point. At 11:06 and 11:29 they show some shots of high and low mount (taken later). They must-have fixed it by then. It would be nice to know what they did (I am guessing that the cut they made at 4:29 was either not level or needed a slope.
i also wondered if a heat gun would solve the issue.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Are there any airflow concerns at speed with the Hauk style snorkel? I only ask because I have considerably more bugs on the top half of my windshield than I do on the bottom half.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i also wondered if a heat gun would solve the issue.
Could be. Should not have to if they molded it right. I might send them a message and ask how it was 'fixed.'

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I'm going to reserve final judgement on the RR until I can look at one first hand, but superficially it doesn't exude quality design or manufacture.

Kind of looks like somebody salvaged some shit off of their leaf blower and made it work.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to reserve final judgement on the RR until I can look at one first hand, but superficially it doesn't exude quality design or manufacture.

Kind of looks like somebody salvaged some shit off of their leaf blower and made it work.
LOL...that was funny. I saw an older model in person (lower only) and it looked ok. I would like to see one in person as well. Leaf blowers are only $69 off Amazon...so that could be a big saving. :)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL...that was funny. I saw an older model in person (lower only) and it looked ok. I would like to see one in person as well. Leaf blowers are only $69 off Amazon...so that could be a big saving. :)
Redneck supercharger in 3....2.....1

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

wish i didn't read this comment...... now it looks goofy.
Sponsored