Sponsored

Product Launch!! JT/JL Lower Dash Rail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
It's taken a lot to get here. But I've finally got a product I can sell!
There is still a lot of work I need to do on the site itself - I still have no logo, brand or marketing. But I figured I'd debut here, start getting some feedback and with everyone's input, I'll get better along the way.

Here is a direct link to purchase the lower dash rail:
https://tortoogacustomworks.com/collections/frontpage/products/lower-dash-rail

In the interest of bootstrapping, boosting sales, getting feedback, and getting better, here is a discount code to enter a checkout: JGF25OFF
It will be 25% off on the entire order.
This will eventually be a stock item that I'll be able to ship out within 24-48 hours, but for now it has a 7-10 day lead time.

Give me your thoughts. More pictures? More detail? Less pictures? Specific pictures?

UPDATE 2019-12-10:
I'm working on getting better pictures and also putting together an install/overview video. I'll update this thread/post as soon as that is available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Any way to shorten that rail 3 in. Us tall guys our knee hits the 4wd shifter and that would be very painful

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It's taken a lot to get here. But I've finally got a product I can sell!
There is still a lot of work I need to do on the site itself - I still have no logo, brand or marketing. But I figured I'd debut here, start getting some feedback and with everyone's input, I'll get better along the way.

Here is a direct link to purchase the lower dash rail:
https://tortoogacustomworks.com/collections/frontpage/products/lower-dash-rail

In the interest of bootstrapping, boosting sales, getting feedback, and getting better, here is a discount code to enter a checkout: JGF25OFF
It will be 25% off on the entire order.
This will eventually be a stock item that I'll be able to ship out within 24-48 hours, but for now it has a 7-10 day lead time.

Give me your thoughts. More pictures? More detail? Less pictures? Specific pictures?
Early adopter first order! :like:
20191208_211208.jpg

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any way to shorten that rail 3 in. Us tall guys our knee hits the 4wd shifter and that would be very painful
When you say shorten - do you mean left to right? If so, not really...

I battled with this too. I thought I would bang into it all the time. I don't. I'm 5' 11" - and I've not hit it once. Granted, that might be because I designed the thing and removed it and put it on sooooo many times.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
taller photo of how it mounts to the side of the console, (unless that gives away product engineering or something) would be nice.

DSCF6569_1024x1024@2x.jpg

also this photo is a bit dark on the left side, so its hard to see what the left vertical support looks like.
DSCF6571_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
When you say shorten - do you mean left to right? If so, not really...

I battled with this too. I thought I would bang into it all the time. I don't. I'm 5' 11" - and I've not hit it once. Granted, that might be because I designed the thing and removed it and put it on sooooo many times.
I'm 6'3" and the side of my knee rests against the shifter knob.
I'd love more dash ball mounts.

IMG_20191207_171934_456.jpg

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
taller photo of how it mounts to the side of the console, (unless that gives away product engineering or something) would be nice.

DSCF6569_1024x1024@2x.jpg

also this photo is a bit dark on the left side, so its hard to see what the left vertical support looks like.
DSCF6571_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Good call. I'll retake these. There isn't much to hide :LOL:
I'm working on an install video, so that will clearly show all the details.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 6'3" and the side of my knee rests against the shifter knob.
I'd love more dash ball mounts.

IMG_20191207_171934_456.jpg
Is the position of your right knee where it usually rests? If so, the rail would be forward of it... I think you would be OK...
My opinion - try it. I'm going to have a refund policy, just haven't settled on how many days. For this product probably 30.
If you hate it, return it for a full refund less shipping.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Is the position of your right knee where it usually rests? If so, the rail would be forward of it... I think you would be OK...
My opinion - try it. I'm going to have a refund policy, just haven't settled on how many days. For this product probably 30.
If you hate it, return it for a full refund less shipping.
No that's sitting side saddle to get the camera far enough back for the shot. I'll grab one tomorrow. If it'll clear I'll order for sure.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm working on getting better pictures and also putting together an install/overview video. I'll update this thread/post as soon as that is available.

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I already have the phone mount system from 67 designs and this one looks awful similar to that but at a different location.

However, I do desperately need a flexible cup holder on both sides passenger and driver and I don't like blocking any part of the dash - this might be helpful if you can figure out an accessory that would fit small to large cups (rigid and adjustable) that don't fit in the middle something that is made of solid material for longer trips etc... That would be a great accessory and I would buy it.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already have the phone mount system from 67 designs and this one looks awful similar to that but at a different location.

However, I do desperately need a flexible cup holder on both sides passenger and driver and I don't like blocking any part of the dash - this might be helpful if you can figure out an accessory that would fit small to large cups (rigid and adjustable) that don't fit in the middle something that is made of solid material for longer trips etc... That would be a great accessory and I would buy it.
Yes, we use similar components. I do like the location of their rail, I have one. This is very much just a different location, which some may find more useful for mounting things other than a phone or an ipad.

That said, these rails actually allow a variety of things to be mounted to them. I'll be including some more pictures to highlight the versatility. There is a cup holder, I'll include that as an accessory.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.