Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi

Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
ROCK KRAWLER SUSP. - One of the members mentioned installing the cradle on the Pro-X kit to be difficult. He never mentioned or responded as to in what way that I saw.
Any tips or insight that you guys suggest that may of become apparent at a later date than when the instructions were written? Any particular problems or issues people are seeing with the install?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
ROCK KRAWLER SUSP. - One of the members mentioned installing the cradle on the Pro-X kit to be difficult. He never mentioned or responded as to in what way that I saw.
Any tips or insight that you guys suggest that may of become apparent at a later date than when the instructions were written? Any particular problems or issues people are seeing with the install?
Yes, we found that Dana has had a pattern shift problem with the rear axle bosses and that any of the ones that aren't correct are put into JT's with automatic transmissions. So if you have a manual, you won't have any issue in the world, if you have an automatic, the pattern shift may be more challenging. We are adding more tolerance to the cradle to account for the pattern shift.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, we found that Dana has had a pattern shift problem with the rear axle bosses and that any of the ones that aren't correct are put into JT's with automatic transmissions. So if you have a manual, you won't have any issue in the world, if you have an automatic, the pattern shift may be more challenging. We are adding more tolerance to the cradle to account for the pattern shift.
Damn...I have a M/T, need to order the pro-x rear, at least, before more tolerance is added!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn...I have a M/T, need to order the pro-x rear, at least, before more tolerance is added!
You wont loose anything with greater tolerances, the automatic guys will gain but you wont loose.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I originally ordered my JTR with a manual trans but switched it to an automatic after talking with many people and finding that was the better option. I have a manual in my '08 JKU and just assumed that like the JKs, the manual would be the better option, but apparently that has changed tremendously with the new powerplant/trans combos.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I have an automatic so does this increase the need to have the cradle welded?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I originally ordered my JTR with a manual trans but switched it to an automatic after talking with many people and finding that was the better option. I have a manual in my '08 JKU and just assumed that like the JKs, the manual would be the better option, but apparently that has changed tremendously with the new powerplant/trans combos.
The automatic is IMO much better than the manual.

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
@Rock Krawler Suspension Any updates on the hardware shortage situation? Curious when I may expect to see my rear Pro-X box ship as it is the only part of my lift that I haven't received. Or perhaps all the Pro-X's are now delayed a bit due to the pattern tolerance issue? Thanks!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension Any updates on the hardware shortage situation? Curious when I may expect to see my rear Pro-X box ship as it is the only part of my lift that I haven't received. Or perhaps all the Pro-X's are now delayed a bit due to the pattern tolerance issue? Thanks!
No added delay, the kits are flowing out roughly 10-12 ProX kits a day, and going in the order received. If you want, I can pull your order and get you an ETA.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.