JT not holding value

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So, I’ve been to a few dealerships with my JT trying to trade it for something bigger. Things changed over the last few months. Sticker was 46900. With max tow and many upgrades from factory, plus a few of my own (lift & wheels). Well they only offered $36-$38k. Only has 8k miles. My concern is do you guys think that these will hold value like the JKs and below. Or keep dropping considerably and crash. I Thought I was going to have good equity because they game me good trade on my jku. But guess I lost that money for not.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Depreciation on anything is going to be loaded to the front.

What did you actually pay for it? Sticker? If so, well.....

You will always hear people tell you that if you are going to trade buy a Rubicon, there is a reason for that.

I would expect 80% residual if I buy right at 2 years, and honestly 2 weeks is the same as 2 years.

OP
OP

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Depreciation on anything is going to be loaded to the front.

What did you actually pay for it? Sticker? If so, well.....

You will always hear people tell you that if you are going to trade buy a Rubicon, there is a reason for that.

I would expect 80% residual if I buy right at 2 years, and honestly 2 weeks is the same as 2 years.
no with my trade after TTT, I only financed around 41k. I looked at the RUBIs but I wanted the max tow

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, I’ve been to a few dealerships with my JT trying to trade it for something bigger. Things changed over the last few months. Sticker was 46900. With max tow and many upgrades from factory, plus a few of my own (lift & wheels). Well they only offered $36-$38k. Only has 8k miles. My concern is do you guys think that these will hold value like the JKs and below. Or keep dropping considerably and crash. I Thought I was going to have good equity because they game me good trade on my jku. But guess I lost that money for not.
If the sticker was 47k then you should have paid about 42k. 38k makes sense for a trade since they need to resell it. It’s doing fine for value.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
If the sticker was 47k then you should have paid about 42k. 38k makes sense for a trade since they need to resell it. It’s doing fine for value.
Man, I feel terrible now. My sticker was $46,500 and I paid $43,000. Yah, I could have gotten more off. Was too tired to negoiate off more than that and didn't know about below invoice pricing on here beforehand.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I feel terrible now. My sticker was $46,500 and I paid $43,000. Yah, I could have gotten more off. Was too tired to negoiate off more than that and didn't know about below invoice pricing on here beforehand.
Haha I think 43k is a good deal too.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Not including the mods you did, given that you paid $41k and they’ll give you about $38k back, that’s pretty good.

I always assume that any mods I do are at my own cost, and I’ll never get that money back. Unless they told you different, my guess is the dealer isn’t giving you any value for your mods...which is typical.

Granted I’m new to the Jeep market, but every other car I’ve modded and resold has had the experience of getting no $$ from the mods. Mostly because mods are so individual, and most don’t have much of a warranty (or a transferable one).

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I have not read the thread. But 38k for a vehicle that should have been 42k new is a fair trade. All the other stuff doesn’t really matter IMO.
I agree 38/42 is fair, but the other does matter because it has value. If his trade was worth $15k and he still financed $41k there is a whole bunch of money that vaporized along the way.

OP
OP

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I agree 38/42 is fair, but the other does matter because it has value. If his trade was worth $15k and he still financed $41k there is a whole bunch of money that vaporized along the way.
That was my issue. I owed $11k or so on my jku they gave me $21k give or take a little.

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
The value is there, imagine what the dealer is going to list it for resale.
Sponsored