First Name
PaulJoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have a factory installed USCAR socket on my Gladiator Rubicon and the wire colors going into the socket from behind are non-industry colors as you can see from the attached photo. I was expecting seven wires that would be green, red, white, blue, brown, black and yellow. Instead, I have a completely different color scheme that I can't make sense of. Does anyone know how these Jeep wire colors map to the USCAR standard?

Thanks,
PaulJoe
IMG_0773.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulJoe

PaulJoe

First Name
PaulJoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wire color does not matter.. Pin out location is what counts. It should be a standard 7 pin layout. If in doubt, buy one of these and test the pins while someone else operates the taillights, brake, turn signals, etc.
https://www.amazon.com/OctagonStar-Circuit-Systems-Continuity-Voltage/dp/B01HUZPTPS/ref=sr_1_4?crid=H6WJ7AB4W865&keywords=12+volt+test+light&qid=1577479888&sprefix=12+volt+test+,aps,161&sr=8-4
Thank you so much for the quick reply and detailed information. This is extremely helpful and I took you up on your suggestion of buying the circuit tester.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase