Sponsored

Superchips Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 24880

I got my SC programmer 3571 JT yesterday. I updated it, followed the directions (which are not great IMO) and was able to change my TPMS setting and upped my tire size to 35”. Now my speedo says I’m doing 60 mph but my GPS says I’m going 56-57mph. I have changed the tire size multiple times w/o change in the Speedo. It keeps saying if the speedometer does not change to “reinitiate ABS” I have also tried that a handful of times but keeps telling me it’s unable to reinitiate. I’m in Indiana and it was only 40* yesterday and the programmer says to confirm it’s over 50* but I’m not sure why that would matter. Have an email into tech support but have not heard back from them so I thought I would pick your brains while I wait. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Sponsored

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I got my SC programmer 3571 JT yesterday. I updated it, followed the directions (which are not great IMO) and was able to change my TPMS setting and upped my tire size to 35”. Now my speedo says I’m doing 60 mph but my GPS says I’m going 56-57mph. I have changed the tire size multiple times w/o change in the Speedo. It keeps saying if the speedometer does not change to “reinitiate ABS” I have also tried that a handful of times but keeps telling me it’s unable to reinitiate. I’m in Indiana and it was only 40* yesterday and the programmer says to confirm it’s over 50* but I’m not sure why that would matter. Have an email into tech support but have not heard back from them so I thought I would pick your brains while I wait. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Did you measure the actual height of the tires on the vehicle? Many 35" tires are actually smaller, even significantly so when under the weight of the vehicle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

Did you measure the actual height of the tires on the vehicle? Many 35" tires are actually smaller, even significantly so when under the weight of the vehicle.
Yeah I’m actually down to 34.25” tires and still 2-3 mph off. I wasn’t doing something right when I dropped to 33” tires but am making headway slowly. I will see how it goes over the next couple days.

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd share.

I ran into this when setting my tire size. I reached out to SuperChips and they were responsive, but in the end, I came up with a workaround that worked pretty solid for me. To start with, setting to 35" is likely going to leave your speedo off. I ended up with an odd size for my 33s, which are actually a little smaller than 33". Below is what I sent to SuperChips after all was said and done.

=================
It seems the Flashcal doesn’t play well with the Jeep if you attempt to make multiple changes per vehicle “session”. For example, if I make an initial change, it works. If I then disconnect the Flashcal from the ODBII port, drive down the road, then plug it back in to adjust the tire size again, it fails with the errors I described (the re-initiate ABS and unable to re-initiate). I noticed that when it would work, the Flashcal would go through telling me to turn the ignition off, then on again. When I got the errors, it said it set the tire size, but never had me cycle the ignition.

What I ended up having to do is set the tire size, make sure I was instructed to cycle the ignition, then take the Jeep for a test drive, then come home, turn the vehicle off and get out and go in the house. If I waited a little while, I could go back out, hook up the Flashcal, make a change and save it successfully, then repeat the test drive. It took me 3 or 4 times to get the speedometer exact, so it was a little tedious getting out and waiting, but in the end it worked.
=================

They stated they had never seen that before, but it seems you may be seeing the same thing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24880

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd share.

I ran into this when setting my tire size. I reached out to SuperChips and they were responsive, but in the end, I came up with a workaround that worked pretty solid for me. To start with, setting to 35" is likely going to leave your speedo off. I ended up with an odd size for my 33s, which are actually a little smaller than 33". Below is what I sent to SuperChips after all was said and done.

=================
It seems the Flashcal doesn’t play well with the Jeep if you attempt to make multiple changes per vehicle “session”. For example, if I make an initial change, it works. If I then disconnect the Flashcal from the ODBII port, drive down the road, then plug it back in to adjust the tire size again, it fails with the errors I described (the re-initiate ABS and unable to re-initiate). I noticed that when it would work, the Flashcal would go through telling me to turn the ignition off, then on again. When I got the errors, it said it set the tire size, but never had me cycle the ignition.

What I ended up having to do is set the tire size, make sure I was instructed to cycle the ignition, then take the Jeep for a test drive, then come home, turn the vehicle off and get out and go in the house. If I waited a little while, I could go back out, hook up the Flashcal, make a change and save it successfully, then repeat the test drive. It took me 3 or 4 times to get the speedometer exact, so it was a little tedious getting out and waiting, but in the end it worked.
=================

They stated they had never seen that before, but it seems you may be seeing the same thing.
That is exactly what I had to do as well. Took me a while to realize what was going on. I got my speedo within 1-2 mph so I stopped there for now. I plan on adjusting it a bit more one of these days but 1-2mph off isn’t a big deal so I have been lazy. LOL. Thanks for the info!!
Sponsored