Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Thanks for sharing - that looks like a great option!
I wonder what it will cost?
Well, the 4-door JL version is $400, so that should give an idea.

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Yeah thanks for sharing the cover king thats awesome. Keep in mind that if you plan on going for roll on sound deadening your really need to hit 80% of the surface to have a meaningful acoustic effect. If you are going to do it properly expect to lay 80lbs of material. If you use less and cover less area you will get some effect, but for a profound effect you need a minimum of 80%. For best results 90% of surface area and double layer. I also caulk all of the clip holes before reinstalling panels for separation.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my JT to church and back, 30 minutes each way, rain, rain, rain, wind, rain, etc. HEAVY coming home. That was a LONG drive in torrential rains in the dark. Expected to have what's left of my hearing gone and my wife complaining of the noise. Honestly - it wasn't worse than my classics, or some other pickups I've owned. I expected horrible - but for the amount of rain and the wind with it, yeah, it could have been quiet like her Grand Cherokee but it sounded not a lot worse than other stuff I have or have had. If there had been sleet or hail, well......... or if the drive had been a lot longer, maybe or if I had wanted to listen to the radio - but I don't do that when driving at night in heavy rain anyway.
I may look for ways to make it better, but frankly, would it be worth it - not sure at this point. I'd have to hear one with the sound deadening and compare in the same exact conditions. (disclosure - I have the factory sound panels in mine)

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Still waiting. Hope they have it in January
I emailed them earlier this month; as of December 6th, they “do not have an ETA on this item yet.”

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Gladiators are pretty dang quiet...for a Jeep. I installed the Hotheads with Sound Assassin strips a couple of weeks ago. While there may have been some reduction in low level background noise, there was no measureable difference in maximum sound level. I measured before and after sound levels on 2 different sections of road on the way to town...identical speeds (45-50mph) and weather conditions (zero wind). The measurements were exactly the same before and after the Hotheads installation...57 dB. They'll probably make a difference when it's raining or if someone is pounding on the roof of the Gladiator.

Barth Vader

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2013 Abarth 500, 2015 Alfa 4C, 2020 JTR
I emailed them earlier this month; as of December 6th, they “do not have an ETA on this item yet.”
I just emailed them as well. I don’t expect to get a different answer, but I figure that the more emails they get about it, the faster they will move. I am not optimistic that a liner for the Gladiator will be out anytime soon given that 2 door Wranglers have been out for a while and don’t have a liner in production yet. Perhaps they might make a batch if there’s enough interest. I suggest that everyone that is interested in a liner shoot them an email about it. I used their contact form.
https://www.coverking.com/help-wizard

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
If any of you Jeepers have considered an aftermarket hardtop headliner, I did a Hotheads headliners install and evaluation for my Jeep gladiator, and yielded some impressive results.
HOTHEADS Hardtop Headliner Install and Evaluation Review For 2020 JEEP JT Gladiator

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
FWIW, I recently finished building a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 from bare metal and I used Noico sound deadener all over the place. I also used some Dynamat. The Noico is half the cost of Dynamat and I like the Noico better. It's a little thicker. There are some people on the Internet claiming Noico is asphalt based, as some sound deadeners are, but Noico is actually butyl based. I ordered it on Amazon.

Sponsored

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
i suggest a combination material Butyl/acoustic foam. Best results but a bit more expensive. Saves you a lot of time in applying both. Soundskins makes a nice product.

Canuck2020

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Rubicon
If any of you Jeepers have considered an aftermarket hardtop headliner, I did a Hotheads headliners install and evaluation for my Jeep gladiator, and yielded some impressive results.
HOTHEADS Hardtop Headliner Install and Evaluation Review For 2020 JEEP JT Gladiator
Great video , was fun to watch !

Happy new Year to all fellow Jeepers !

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Great video , was fun to watch !

Happy new Year to all fellow Jeepers !
Thanks for the comment! figured the video was more cheesy than anything, but it was fun to do, and the headliner was totally worth it.

Prisage

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Cover king is coming out with a full headliner option. Not sure when but I think it’s a nice looking piece. You can add deadening material underneath to help with the sound/noise.

https://www.coverking.com/topliner.html?noforce=1&nopromo=1#select-options
Thanks for sharing. That is the best solution I have seen. I really can not stand the white interior top in the jeeps. I have been researching painting them and putting in the hotheads - but this has such a better look.

Let's hope they release soon. Thanks again

BTW I sent them a message on ETA as others suggested to let them know there is interest.
Sponsored