Sponsored

Phone Solutions

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I recently installed a cell phone holder. It is a combination of two products. The first is a JL / JT grab bar 20 mm ball mount from Carolina Metal Masters Offroad. CMM Offroad also has a 1” ball if you prefer the RAM mount products. The second part is a 67 Design, JL / Gladiator Mount Driver Edition Pack. The primary reason I decided to use this combination is that I prefer not having the cell phone blocking part of the windshield or view of the road. It is within an arm’s reach away and also close to the USB charging ports. Additionally, it has the flexibility to raise or lower the cell phone to one’s preference. You can also buy longer arms from 67 Design as well. All of the products are a bit expensive but really high quality.

upload_2019-11-5_21-57-8.png

https://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount?_pos=2&_sid=1ff781a37&_ss=r

https://www.67d.com/collections/jl-...nt-driver-edition-pack?variant=19569564549223
Does the obstruct the person sitting on the passenger side at all?
Sponsored

dstep

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vector Offroad is awesome, esp if you have a lot to mount (phone, Garmin, GoPro, tablet, Overlander nav, CB radio, etc)...

I run only Garmin+Phone on my trips and don't want to block the view, or drill your new Jeep, or put sticky tape on it.

So recently came up with a mount with a rubber inlay that clamps onto the air vent bezel. The clamp has AMPS bolt pattern so it will work with RAM, 67d, and others who follow the industry standard. So you can run the phone cradle / Garmin holder of your choice.

https://getoffroam.com

I've just started offering it to others... any feedback is very welcome and appreciated!

View attachment 49017

DSCF5905.jpeg

IMG_3336 2.jpeg

Dash Mount.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
Looks it stops the vent from opening fully and rotating. Is that true?

Vector Offroad is awesome, esp if you have a lot to mount (phone, Garmin, GoPro, tablet, Overlander nav, CB radio, etc)...

I run only Garmin+Phone on my trips and don't want to block the view, or drill your new Jeep, or put sticky tape on it.

So recently came up with a mount with a rubber inlay that clamps onto the air vent bezel. The clamp has AMPS bolt pattern so it will work with RAM, 67d, and others who follow the industry standard. So you can run the phone cradle / Garmin holder of your choice.

I've just started offering it to others... any feedback is very welcome and appreciated!

View attachment 49017

DSCF5905.jpeg

IMG_3336 2.jpeg

Dash Mount.png

dstep

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I recoded a video a few weeks back to show how much flow and adjustment range you get.

You basically have to choose between having the air go in the upper portion of the cabin or the lower - depending on how you mount the clamp. Since RAM, 67d and others offer arms - you can move the phone out of the way as well.

Sponsored

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor

View attachment 49017

DSCF5905.jpeg

IMG_3336 2.jpeg

Dash Mount.png
Mines been great. Super solid. The 67d rail was too high and the Cmm ball was too low. Works perfect.

20191218_184516.jpg

20191218_184801.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Everyone, this may not be the thread to post this on as most of the discussion appears to be with regards to phone mounts.
However, if anyone is looking just for a phone storage solution. I offer these JL/JT phone mounts.
These mount to the front sides of the center console without any vehicle modifications. They are all leather, handcrafted and available for either driver or passenger side mounts. They have 2 mounting points which makes for a very sturdy mount. There is also a small cut out in the back to run your charge cable thru for a clean look.
They can ordered directly from my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have something custom in mind i.e. exotic leathers, different colors etc. you can contact me at [email protected] I am a proud sponsor of the forums
Note:passenger side version shown

JL Phone Holster V2 (2).jpg
Just placed an order. Very well done.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

I use a 67 designs ball mount and a tackform phone holder and arm. LOVE the setup.

SFBAYCA_2020JT

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Same...I haven't been able to get the console usb to consistently work properly. This is very disappointing because the cord is much less of a nuisance when stored in the console.
Try to clean out the lint from your phone cable slot. Really helps non-Apple branded cables stay connected.

Jhoude19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT & 1998 Jeep XJ
I'm rocking a rugged ridge phone mount, I love it. Keeps my phone out of the way and at eye level. very solid. also has the ability to mount a gopro or similar to the front for a dash cam/ trail cam.

11.jpg

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
My Ram Mounts JL/JT Tough Track comes in tomorrow, so i'll post up some pics when I get that installed.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
My Ram Mounts JL/JT Tough Track comes in tomorrow, so i'll post up some pics when I get that installed.
Could you make a video? I would really like to see how this one is compared to 67 designs or Vector offroad. Thanks
Sponsored