Sponsored

Rear Seat Dog bed?

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Does the front hammock part have a zipper in the center? I have seen some that do. My Lab would not like not being able to rest her head on the center console =P
No zipper, the only "slits" are velcro on the seat so you can pop the seatbelt through. I think this design is to help separate the dog from the front seat to some extent. Not like the puppy doesn't lay his head right next to my ear still. I will say that I thought I wouldn't like the hammock design but the new puppy is a klutz and more than once the hammock has saved him from falling into the foot well plus he drools when he is excited so it helps stop my arm from laying in drool on the arm rest.
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
what about the ruffwear one? I read from reviews that people are upgrading from these amazon ones that are breaking so fast and falling apart.

https://ruffwear.com/products/dirtbag-seat-cover
All I can say is mine has been in place for close to four months and looks like the day I put it in and up until about 2 weeks ago I kept my toolbags and supply crates on the cover every day. I am actually surprised it is still in good shape. For $80 I would probably make my own again like I did for my JK from an old comforter and heavy curtain I picked up at good will for $10 and put my own grommets and ropes on and that lasted me a good 7 years with a 125 pound bloodhound that destroyed everything else. I bought this one to try the hammock style and for $30 I decided to roll the dice (I actually think I paid a few bucks less than the current price). Maybe I got lucky with this one.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
My pup enjoying his hammock and a Jeep for the first time. Great buy for the price. I’d say he looks pretty happy

0377FEF3-41E2-46F9-9AA7-6EEBC2CFC711.jpeg

RG48820

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Stinger GT2; Dodge Stealth RT/TT
My dog likes to be close and put her head on the middle console. Shes currently taken up residency in the front seat but I'm going to try to get her in the back seat of the Gladiator. Any suggestions on filling the gap between the front and back seats so she can still rest her head on the middle console while being in the back seat? Thanks!
4Knines Automotive Pet Deterrent Barrier.

71VyJ-VVJIL._SL1200_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N7SF...olid=27FBK48FZHN92&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Digging the vest/harness. My Shepard goes nuts every time I grab hers thinking she’s going for a ride.
This reminds me, probably time to buy a bigger vest. He's growing like a weed.

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Guys, can’t say enough good things about this one...did a quick write-up on it on a previous post. And yes @Joe333x they even make rear door protectors too (not to be used with tinted windows though) - Copied it below:

Wanted to get a back seat protector for my dog...this one from 4knines fits perfect and I tested with the top and doors off and it stays in-place great! No need to cinch it down, just tuck the side flaps under the seat. Easy to access seat belts, center arm rest, and does 60/40 split with zippers on either side of armrest. You can also get the version with the hammock but I didn’t. Size = Large. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXWJPIS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

ACF0D9C0-762B-4C23-BE23-FFFE21C45AB3.jpeg
Does this seat cover give you access to the car seat anchors??

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No zipper, the only "slits" are velcro on the seat so you can pop the seatbelt through. I think this design is to help separate the dog from the front seat to some extent. Not like the puppy doesn't lay his head right next to my ear still. I will say that I thought I wouldn't like the hammock design but the new puppy is a klutz and more than once the hammock has saved him from falling into the foot well plus he drools when he is excited so it helps stop my arm from laying in drool on the arm rest.
Before receiving my Gladiator I wanted to get protection for the rear seats for my ,,90lb Boxer so I went to Amazon and ordered a hammock style seat cover and door protectors. After receiving the Gladiator my dog refused to jump in and at her weight that made it a job getting her in. Luckily the hammock style I purchased could be used as a regular seat cover also so I flipped up the 60% bottom up, attached the seat cover strap to the center and 40% headrests added her large pillow bed over the storage box and an old blanket to protect the vehicle side while she is jumping in and out and we are both happy

Reactions: Tim

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Yessir! They are velcro-accessible and can be closed so dirt/hair don’t get in the unused anchors too :) 6 months, 0 complaints with this cover.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Yessir! They are velcro-accessible and can be closed so dirt/hair don’t get in the unused anchors too :) 6 months, 0 complaints with this cover.
This may be the winner. We've got our first little one on the way but also have a 65 lb Chocolate Lab. Would love to pull double duty with the cover and thought Bartact may have had the monopoly with access to anchors. But $90 vs $330 is a big jump...

https://www.bartact.com/products/20...0~mk_jeep~md_gladiator&variant=30294673981463

Tactical Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
We purchased these backseat extenders from Orvis and are using a generic hammock style seat cover. I'm not sure of the exact make and model of the hammock, but it was around 50$. We originally purchased this setup for my wife's Toyota Highlander and it has worked very well. The attached photo is the same setup in my new Gladiator, and in my opinion it actually fits better in the Jeep. We have a Golden Retriever, and Labrador Retriever.

We also use Sleepypod harnesses on both dogs attached into the female end of the seatbelts.

https://www.orvis.com/p/solid-foam-backseat-extender/90xr

https://sleepypod.com/sport

IMG_3104.jpeg

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Wanted to add a different option here for those who travel with pups. I have a yellow alab Service Animal who is with me almost all the time, as well as a Malinios Patrol/Bomb Dog with me for work. I looked at all the options out there and for me besides having a custom cage built in the back like used in by state and Police in vehicles, plus too expensive out of my pocket. I have decided I will delete the rear seats and have a Goose Gear Platform put in its place. I don't need the rear seats myself except very rare occasions. Goose Gear offers a 60% delete and a 40% delete. I am doing both and when I need a seat I will just put back the 40% seat back in. I will be working with someone to make a custom covered bed that will allow access to the compartments below as well being removable for washing the cover. Im gonna do a some type of good 1000d Codura with a waterproofing that match front seat covers we will add. To prevent the dogs from getting up front I will be adding a barrier net to keep them in the back of the truck. Pictures and links to products below.

Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete Platform

upload_2020-2-12_8-20-37.jpeg

Cargo Barrier Net

Second Netting Option

1186.jpg

upload_2020-2-12_8-56-15.jpeg

I am open to other options for the barrier. Though it seems the best and safe way to keep them in there. I might look at door covers being made as well.. I hope that this helps others.

upload_2020-2-12_8-18-25.jpeg

upload_2020-2-12_8-19-29.jpeg

Last edited:

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Our dog had back surgery so his back legs are a bit wobbly. Built a simple and removable platform for my Frontier so he won't fall off the seats and onto the floor. We just cover it all with blankets so he can lay down and enjoy the ride. Suppose we should still harness him after reading this thread, but are bad owners I guess...don't judge too harshly, I'll look into harnesses I promise. Anyway, hoping to do the same thing with the Jeep. Could make the platform cover 50-60% of the floor if traveling with a kid or third-wheel if needed.

MVIMG_20190801_082236.jpg
I just made a similar one. 2 piece so I can have a 3rd human passenger from time to time. Going to cut a pool noodle and wrap the edges and then staple some outdoor/marine carpet over it.
5876BD12-918D-4B29-88D4-345EBE123399.jpeg
5B3F01D0-BC69-4ABC-AEB1-9A898DF3403D.jpeg

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
my DIY pooch platform...of course when on long trips they have all the soft beds and such but this gives a better look at the platform. Back seat removed, but platform fits with backseat in upright position.

4D36C9F6-F31E-48E9-A708-DA479CA9C11A.jpeg
Sponsored