Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So far, we've confirmed fit and function on the Overland and Rubicon, and will be confirming other trim levels asap.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
I have an aftermarket bumper that allowed me to directly swap my Sport S fog lights to the new bumper with no other parts or modification required. Could I safely assume that the lights in this thread would bolt right up to my aftermarket bumper also?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
I have an aftermarket bumper that allowed me to directly swap my Sport S fog lights to the new bumper with no other parts or modification required. Could I safely assume that the lights in this thread would bolt right up to my aftermarket bumper also?
If the factory housing and bracket bolts right up, that should be the case, once we have our Sport S kit available.

I haven't gotten any ETAs on the next round of Jeep/Gladiator kits from our engineering team, but they'll be available as soon as we can confirm fitment!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
We've got you covered! You can check out the full specification breakdown of each option by clicking the Specifications tab on the product listing.

Let me know if I can answer any questions!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Dont want to sound like a debbie downer.....I really do like the look of the lights, but two things on the spec sheet catch my eye.

1) At 10 meters, which is 30 feet, basically 3 car lengths, is that a typo that the yellow pros deliver only 29 lux?
2) The output lumens are near 6000, but observed is basically 3000....why is there such a large loss?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Dont want to sound like a debbie downer.....I really do like the look of the lights, but two things on the spec sheet catch my eye.
1) At 10 meters, which is 30 feet, basically 3 car lengths, is that a typo that the yellow pros deliver only 29 lux?
2) The output lumens are near 6000, but observed is basically 3000....why is there such a large loss?
1. I would guess that you looking at the flood beam pattern? This output is spread across a very large output area. 29 lux at 10 meters is a whole lot of light - it is bright. Our flood beam pattern provides more output than any other flood lamp in a 3" size that we are aware of on the market.
2. All modern optical systems are still only 30-60% efficient at shining light out of the lamp. Ours are on the higher side of that. We only provide "raw" lumens because other manufacturers do - but any "raw" or "calculated" lumen figure is a hypothetical value based on the theoretical maximum output of the chips - not how much light actually leaves the lamp. Other lamps on the market have the same loss, but no one else admits or measures it. I can assure you that our lamps output more actual lumens per watt than any other on the market, thanks to the mono-lens TIR optic which provides extremely high efficiency. We prefer candela ratings because lumen values are extremely misleading, since there is no regulation or standard for the reporting of these values.

Thanks!
Paul

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I appreciate you taking the time to respond with a solid answer. I would like to give your lights a try. Do you have a flood yellow pro kit that will work on the 2014 JK? Im still waiting on the gladiator diesel so it's a JKUR for me at the moment. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I may have missed it. What IP rating are the lights? What happens when I cross a river or ride third in line on a dusty trail for 15 miles?

They look to be a good product at a reasonable cost. I may be interested to slap them in my plastic Rubicon bumper to swap over to my undecided metal one later on.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Is your yellow SAE fog with a yellow lense or bulb? Or both?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Is your yellow SAE fog with a yellow lense or bulb? Or both?
Good question! Our yellow options use a 4000K LED chip along with a yellow lens.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Lights look great, just wish you guys used LUX ratings and not lumen or candela ratings.
Shhh - fact and science, not allowed on the internet......... All seriousness aside, I was rather surprised to see the lumen rating and not LUX but then if they are wanting to compare themselves to so many others - gotta do what they do I suppose.
Candela is output intensity in any direction. Lux is a measurement of total light hitting a specific target or area. If you're looking for a lux measurement at a specific distance, you can easily convert from candela by simply plugging in the distance. Candela and lux are directly related. https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/light/candela-to-lux-calculator.html

Lux measurements must always come with a distance. For example, "20 lux at 30 feet." Candela can be converted to determine lux at any distance, which is why candela is used for all factory headlamp measurements, SAE/DOT standards, etc. You can easily calculate lux at any distance if you know the candela measurement.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.
29 lux is a lot of light at 30 feet for a spread beam of light! Your factory fogs will only provide 10-15 lux at that distance at most.
The Sport S has an extra fill panel between the bumper and fenders that covers the lights down there- I suspect that MAY be why the question???? The others are open behind the lights as far as that filler panel isn't there on the O and R levels.
The Sport uses a completely different mounting bracket system than the upper trims, unfortunately. I am not sure if we will be making a bolt-on kit available due to the complexity of that bracket, but if we make any progress I will be sure to let you all know.

Paul
Owner
Diode Dynamics

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Got any discount codes for your Gladiator pals? ;)

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Got any discount codes for your Gladiator pals? ;)
We do not have a code :/. We did ask tho, I also do not see any floating around out there either
Sponsored