First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Funny you mention that. I was running through my head, on the flight to Phoenix last night, how one could pull off a fully electric Gladiator. LOL! Getting the batteries and motors hermetically sealed without adding a crap ton of weight seems like a fun problem to solve. :idea::clap:

I’ve got a Rivian R1T on order. 400 mile range. Towing will probably be terrible range but incredibly low COG. The weight is similar to an internal combustion drivetrain
Sponsored

Dr Kel

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2020 GMC Denali HD, ...
Occupation
Goddess of Unstructured Data
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a Rivian R1T on order. 400 mile range. Towing will probably be terrible range but incredibly low COG. The weight is similar to an internal combustion drivetrain
I am interested in that as a farm truck once they make an HD. It would be perfect for hauling the gooseneck to the parks for trail rides etc.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
when are hoping to take delivery of yours?
I really like the skateboard concept.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
yeah but yours is all battery. The gladiator will be V6 PLUS the batteries. I think the trans is lighter though.

its all a matter of time until we have Mr. Fusion anyways. =)

upload_2019-10-23_16-57-19.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
somebody needs to watch this, if you're a truck guy, its cool, even if electric isn't your thing.
I like square vehicles like the G Wagen and the Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator but this Bollinger is too rectangular for me LOL... The Rivian on the other hand looks amazing but I still can't deal with a 300 mile range and a 90 min charge... I won't be buying electrics for another decade at least until they improve that... I hear there is some huge improvements happening in the solid state lithium ion batteries which are less flammable and more stable... who knows? Until then I am happy with Gasoline and Diesel engines :rock:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like square vehicles like the G Wagen and the Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator but this Bollinger is too rectangular for me LOL... The Rivian on the other hand looks amazing but I still can't deal with a 300 mile range and a 90 min charge... I won't be buying electrics for another decade at least until they improve that... I hear there is some huge improvements happening in the solid state lithium ion batteries which are less flammable and more stable... who knows? Until then I am happy with Gasoline and Diesel engines :rock:
lol, yeah this thing is super boxy.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’d be all in for an all electric gladiator but doubling the complexity for the sake of saving fuel is not something I’m interested in

Sponsored

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Willys Wagon, 1982 Jeep Scrambler CJ8
I’d be all in for an all electric gladiator but doubling the complexity for the sake of saving fuel is not something I’m interested in
Here’s how I see it: it’s all about the sweet instant torque from the electric motor, plus they are smooth and quiet. Sounds perfect for off-reading. Since these will be plug-in hybrids, meaning when the battery runs out, it automatically switches to gas mode, and never have to worry about running about of electricity.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s how I see it: it’s all about the sweet instant torque from the electric motor, plus they are smooth and quiet. Sounds perfect for off-reading. Since these will be plug-in hybrids, meaning when the battery runs out, it automatically switches to gas mode, and never have to worry about running about of electricity.
Bingo. Our Pacifica is smooth, fast and after battery runs out, gas motor starts. Plus I think I figured each electric mile is about half the cost of a gas mile...... Oh and the $7500 tax credit. =)

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Supposedly Jeep will offer hybrid option in all vehicles by 2022
Sponsored