Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Got a von in late August had the order date, stayed in c for ever, jeep cares was no help, different story every time I called,dealer finally got something going in November and I got a VIN and went to D1 about 5 weeks, beginning of December told it was on train and got build sheet, beginning of Jan still no jeep, dealer says anyday jeep cares says still not shiped,today dealer says they need to call the rep,I say no shit, deal er not gotten back to me yet
Your dealer...it is...your dealer.

Call Kent at Stampede CDJR in Nampa, ID. Save a ton, get it exactly how you want it, in 6 weeks or less.
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got a von in late August had the order date, stayed in c for ever, jeep cares was no help, different story every time I called,dealer finally got something going in November and I got a VIN and went to D1 about 5 weeks, beginning of December told it was on train and got build sheet, beginning of Jan still no jeep, dealer says anyday jeep cares says still not shiped,today dealer says they need to call the rep,I say no shit, deal er not gotten back to me yet
You should have got a VON the day you placed the order so I think your dealer blew smoke up your ass. If you did not get a vin for 4 months after you ordered then they never put the order thru until November. My VIN was generated within 1 week of ordering. I placed 2 orders and got a VIN on both almost right away so I think this is a normal timeline. your dealer jerked you around in my opinion and did not put the order thru until November and you got the shaft cause of the thanksgiving & Christmas downtime. Are you able to get your sticker yet online? if not it most likely has not shipped yet. Sorry you got screwed over.. you are way more patient than I would have been. I would have been in that general managers office daily causing hell.

Gladiation

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oil Field (Retired Infantry Marine)
Vehicle Showcase
The factory shuts down for Christmas; two weeks, as I recall. Not sure why it's taking so long, but if it was supposed to be built, loaded or anything else last month, it was likely delayed.

Keep us posted!
The dealership I went to in December and purchased my JT Gladiator Rubicon had 18 JT Gladiator Rubicons and many more sports and overlands....question....why did you not just hunt one down online and get one that way?

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I would be putting a delivery deadline on the dealer with a date in writing signed by their sales manager or be looking to stop payment on whatever you used to place the deposit. Sorry to hear your experience, the truck is fantastic once you get one but that circumstance would sour anybody.

OP
OP

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado
The dealership I went to in December and purchased my JT Gladiator Rubicon had 18 JT Gladiator Rubicons and many more sports and overlands....question....why did you not just hunt one down online and get one that way?
The dealers don't seem to be full of MTs especially back in July

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
The dealers don't seem to be full of MTs especially back in July
My guess is it got mixed in with the holiday madness. At the auto plant I work at there shut down for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas

OP
OP

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado
My guess is it got mixed in with the holiday madness. At the auto plant I work at there shut down for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas
Don't know,was told by dealer and JC it was on train beginning of December got build sheet but not sticker

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Holy chit! That is totally unacceptable.
Do I understand that you don’t even have your Mulroney Sticker yet?
If not I would demand a refund from your dealer as they are clearly jerking you around and place an order from the dealer in Iowa who is on here and can take much better care of you...

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If he ordered in July it should have been built way before the holiday shut downs!

Sponsored

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
It honestly sounds like your dealer didn't order it right away. And then the holidays didn't help any

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
Definitely sounds like the dealer dropped the ball and didn't place the order right away. I ran into the same thing years ago when ordering from a local Chevy dealer...person that was supposed to have submitted the order resigned and nobody ever thought to follow up on her responsibilities. Dealership called me about 5 weeks after I'd been in there and started asking me all sorts of questions about the options I wanted etc. until I finally asked if the car had ever even been ordered. That's when they finally fessed up.

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra, 2014 Toyota Prius, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 ZX14R
I can get you tracking on the vin if you send it to me.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Hey Longbeard,
I agree that it was originally a dealer SNAFU since you didnt get a VIN until November. But for some reason the train is slow between the Factory and the west coast. I put a down on an Overland that was in transit in early June. The Jeep was put on the train on May 19. It showed up in Riverside, Ca on Jul 3. It took them 10 days to get it off the train and transported 70 miles to San Diego. I picked it up on Jul 15.

Hang in there... it's coming! 2015 HD FLTRUSE!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Sounds like a dealer issue. I had my Vin within a week of ordering and Gator wasn't even being built at that time,

The shipping sucks and terrible tracking info. How I can get detailed tracking on a $2 item from amazon and my jeep can't get anything remotely reliable was beyond me. Mine ended up having to sit at the dealer for a week due to it just appearing at the dealership one day with no indication when it was going to make it there. Jeep chat even kept stating a day that had already passed as part of their delivery ETA.
Sponsored