Storage sucks, whats available

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Been looking hard at the Diamondback SE here as well. But it’s $1649 price tag would hurt enough already...there are other perfectly good Jeep mods I can put the additional $400 towards rather than go to the HD level. I don’t foresee loading 4-wheelers on top.

They both look awesome. I’m really after some security and all the other hardcovers out there look pretty cheesy in the latch department.
Hard cover from Rugged Ridge is nice. Really like the low profile and seems pretty secure.

602640C1-E13D-45C0-8F84-8075E18A511E.jpeg
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Finally got my DiamondBack HD. This thing is an absolute beast. And way easier to take out than the Decked drawers if need be.

IMG_20191001_182052.jpg

IMG_20191001_182112.jpg
if i didn't think i needed a topper for more storage, i'd definately go this route. So badass. Wanna see an ATV on that thing, or a lawn mower!

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Boosted 4cy daily. Former: '15 Grand Cherokee Overland Future: 2021? Gladiator
Been looking hard at the Diamondback SE here as well. But it’s $1649 price tag would hurt enough already...there are other perfectly good Jeep mods I can put the additional $400 towards rather than go to the HD level. I don’t foresee loading 4-wheelers on top.

They both look awesome. I’m really after some security and all the other hardcovers out there look pretty cheesy in the latch department.
For those roof top tent type people all you need is this cover. Then a regular tent that fits with a rock pad without all the extra weight and headaches involved with current roof top or deck mounted specialty tents.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
As I’ve said many times, the DB HD is on my list of mods when I finally get my Gladiator. However, one thing I want to do is mount a roof top tent above it and still be able to open the cover. At least I want to open the rear hatch. Opening the forward hatch would be super useful as well.

I intend to repurpose my Racor lift to take the RTT on and off the Gladiator. The iKamper I’m going to buy is well within the 250lb limit. It’ll make storing the RTT easy in the off season.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
As I’ve said many times, the DB HD is on my list of mods when I finally get my Gladiator. However, one thing I want to do is mount a roof top tent above it and still be able to open the cover. At least I want to open the rear hatch. Opening the forward hatch would be super useful as well.

I intend to repurpose my Racor lift to take the RTT on and off the Gladiator. The iKamper I’m going to buy is well within the 250lb limit. It’ll make storing the RTT easy in the off season.
I would think it would somewhat be possible using a ladder rack type system that is designed for trucks with cabs (base of the rack sticks out from the bed and mounts between the cab/cover). But unless the side bars go straight up, it will limit the amount the cover opens up.

Sponsored

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
For those roof top tent type people all you need is this cover. Then a regular tent that fits with a rock pad without all the extra weight and headaches involved with current roof top or deck mounted specialty tents.
There must be a small tent out there that will fit on top of Decked, perhaps with tailgate open and a support underneath.

On short camping trips the Decked drawers plus cab will be sufficient storage space. Plus with a regular tent (not specially made for truck bed) you have the option of just pitching tent on ground like normal people do.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Finally got my DiamondBack HD. This thing is an absolute beast. And way easier to take out than the Decked drawers if need be.

IMG_20191001_182052.jpg

IMG_20191001_182112.jpg
I’m going to get the HD.

Could you tell me what was the approximate size and weight of the shipping container?

I might have it shipped to my brother’s house, but just want to know how much of an “ask” that would be...

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Occupation
IT Nerd
I’m going to get the HD.

Could you tell me what was the approximate size and weight of the shipping container?

I might have it shipped to my brother’s house, but just want to know how much of an “ask” that would be...
Came on a pallet about 7'x3.5' I don't remember how high since the boxes have already been thrown out. Weight would be maybe 150# or so since the top itself is a bit over 100#

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I like your creativity and the box. Do you have more info on what you did inside the box? And the box model number/source? I hope you'll post a write-up of your electrical work when you've hardwired it to the battery. To make it complete (IMO), it'd be ideal to install a 2nd battery in the box! That's what I'm thinking of doing rather than spending huge $$$ on the Genesis dual battery kit.
Sorry for the late reply on this. I somehow missed the questions. It is still a work in progress. I do intend to put a Lithium 100 Amp Hour Battleborn battery and a Redarc 1250 charger in it soon. So far I have run two 2 gauge wires to the box, a positive and ground from the starter battery. The wires are protected by a 150 fuse at the battery.

This power is divided by a direct connection (through a battery switch and the two 40 amp fuses) to the compressor. Another line goes to a 60 amp Blue Seas fuse box that will eventual power lights, refrigerator, etc.. I will keep the compressor powered by the starter battery as it can draw almost 80 amps and use the Battleborn battery to power all the other needs. I keep the engine running while airing up and this has worked great.

I am attaching the specs on the toolbox. It has been invaluable storage and electrical space.

Attachments

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I like your creativity and the box. Do you have more info on what you did inside the box? And the box model number/source? I hope you'll post a write-up of your electrical work when you've hardwired it to the battery. To make it complete (IMO), it'd be ideal to install a 2nd battery in the box! That's what I'm thinking of doing rather than spending huge $$$ on the Genesis dual battery kit.

Attachments

Sponsored

John Montana

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator; 2017 Shelby gt350; 2018 Ducati Scrambler
Came on a pallet about 7'x3.5' I don't remember how high since the boxes have already been thrown out. Weight would be maybe 150# or so since the top itself is a bit over 100#
That diamond back looks fantastic. I need to figure out how to carry an 11 foot kayak, without losing the tonneau. Debating going diamond back, with rails and a rack.

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This doesn't do a ton, but just installed this Undercover bed box. Super nice and rotates out and locks.
Jeep Gladiator Storage sucks, whats available 602640C1-E13D-45C0-8F84-8075E18A511E
Jeep Gladiator Storage sucks, whats available 602640C1-E13D-45C0-8F84-8075E18A511E
Are those the Smittybilt? I'm dying to buy them but pains me to spend $200 a piece. Are they worth it?

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's made by Undercover.

I like it and find it very handy, but it's pricey.
Not Smittybilt, meant Rugged Ridge that I have on Quadratec wishlist, which are exactly the same as the Undercover u mentioned btw, RR didn't even bother changing the decal...anyways yeah $$$$ I'll keep waiting for a special on those.
Sponsored