Bestop fitment question

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator. 17 Porsche 911 4s, Mercedes GLS
The install was really easy and the instructions were straight forward. It seems like the fitment on the drivers side is better and the passenger side needs another 1/2” to fit in the rail portion. I tried pulling it over but it’s pretty snug. Any suggestions. Im being anal retentive on the fit but if it can be adjusted I’d like to do it. The top is not latched down btw on the pic uploaded.

53ABD145-EEE2-4FEE-813F-CEA87037CD37.jpeg

C48C6EF1-57CB-47E7-A289-807D63B6EE91.jpeg

7C45875C-10F5-42F8-824D-2F902BE1390A.jpeg

799713BE-842D-4FFF-BE8F-94D88B176545.jpeg
Sponsored

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Anyone else having the issue or know a fix please chime in.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's interesting. Mine doesn't do that at all.

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Mine doesn't do that either. Did you make sure the Z-clip is seated correctly? It took some effort to get one of my Z-clips properly seated.

Edit: And Bestop has an installation video that I would recommend watching. They mention a few things that are not included in the written instructions...like making sure your weather stripping is outside of the Sunrider's door rails and not caught between the rail and door frame. Sorry I don't have time right now to search for that link.

Edit #2: In looking at your photos again, your passenger side door rail is not positioned correctly...for whatever reason. It should be perfectly in line with the hardtop's drip rail. I would suggest pulling the header and deck assembly off...then re-installing the door rail, making sure the pins on the bottom of it engage before tightening the bolts. I had to nudge mine a bit to get those pins to engage. This may be the problem...or not.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Mine doesn't do that either. Did you make sure the Z-clip is seated correctly? It took some effort to get one of my Z-clips properly seated.
Those Z-clips are a PITA. I wish they'd developed something better. That was by far the worst part of installing the top right out of the box.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I've installed two, one on the JT and one on our JLR. I found it much easier to lay it on the floor and tackle the z-clip with a pair of needle nose. Once you get it in correctly the process of getting on the rig is simple.
Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.46.55 AM.png

OP
OP

TSOSGLAD8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator. 17 Porsche 911 4s, Mercedes GLS
I’m thinking about loosening the bolts and redoing it. My drip rails are in the correct position and the z ring is in the right spot. .

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I’m thinking about loosening the bolts and redoing it. My drip rails are in the correct position and the z ring is in the right spot. .
Sorry, but your passenger side rail is not in the correct position either. Compare your pictures of each side. Your side rails are positioned differently. Maybe it is just the angle of the photo, but it doesn't look like the passenger side is even parallel with the top of the door. The back of it is definitely too low, which leads me to believe that the front pin may not be engaged. This is what it should look like. Note the weatherstripping. As noted above, I would pull the header assembly off and re-install the passenger side rail, making sure the pins on the bottom are engaged.

railposition.jpg

Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had this problem. I've been in contact with bestop and I'm posting this to hopefully help the next guy. First the corners sticking up is an easy fix. I took the above posters photos and drew on them for your amusement.

The part I lined in red needs to go BELOW the part in blue. The white arrow shows. You will need to loosen the two screws that hold the side door rails to the main top piece. Then it's really not that hard to wrangle that piece of plastic underneath the door rail. All the z clips shown in this thread are correct and honestly with a small pair of needle nose pliers they are very easy to put in.

top.jpg

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
@BestopTeam I'm having the same issue. Please advise. The first picture is of
the driver's side which is the problem side. The second picture is of the passenger side which looks like the top assembly is seated properly.

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
The fact you have one side correct should help. This can easily be fixed, see my post above yours. You will need to loosen the two screws that hold the side door rails to the main top piece. Then it's really not that hard to wrangle that piece of plastic underneath the door rail. See photos above.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Trauma PA If you are still having problems give our customer service team a call at 800-845-3567 and they can guide you through the steps to get this resolved quickly.

Our customer service team is usually in the office between 8am-5pm (Mountain time) Monday-Friday.

Thanks!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored