Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am familiar, and as anyone at HR will tell you- every bulb is going to have different characteristics depending on what headlight housing it is installed in. You can watch as many videos as you want but unless it is installed in a Gladiator headlight the beam characteristics are not going to be able to be replicated.

You are stating that a LED bulb replacement will have a "better beam and output" than the Oculus headlights and that is just completely and utterly false information you are spreading. When pressed for any evidence to support your statement you say "go watch a Youtube video" which does not illustrate or support your comment in ANY way.
:idea:

I can help settle this once and for all. Send me a set of your headlights and I’ll put them through some real world tests and post up feedback. :like:
Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
@ORACLElights it is interesting to see the blowup drawing with your heat management. Have you done any work to direct heat dissipation outward towards the front lense of the headlight enclosure? This could help with melt-off of ice and snow buildup that can occur when driving in winter conditions. It seems if heat is already present from the LED bulb it would be more efficient than having to add in supplemental "heater" circuits ala rear-window-defroster type wire loop. Some of us are still avoiding current LED offerings due to risk of snow/ice buildup in winter.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
@ORACLElights it is interesting to see the blowup drawing with your heat management. Have you done any work to direct heat dissipation outward towards the front lense of the headlight enclosure? This could help with melt-off of ice and snow buildup that can occur when driving in winter conditions. It seems if heat is already present from the LED bulb it would be more efficient than having to add in supplemental "heater" circuits ala rear-window-defroster type wire loop. Some of us are still avoiding current LED offerings due to risk of snow/ice buildup in winter.
It is a good suggestion, we had not considered this before. Honestly we have not had many requests for any heated lights until recently so it was not a CTQ that was considered in the design. The main issue would be to get the heat from the heat sinks to the front cavity where the lens is, we will certainly look into this and are also examining the defroster-type option you mentioned.

aseemer

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I have not participated in any forums for a while, so what is the current protocol on vendor participation??. No offence to any vendors, but my personal opinion is that the community should be free to discuss whatever they want without vendor interjection - especially where they clearly have a horse in the race. I am happy to be corrected on what is considerable "standard protocol". Maybe there is no protocol...? Just my personal opinion and observation. Peace!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have not participated in any forums for a while, so what is the current protocol on vendor participation??. No offence to any vendors, but my personal opinion is that the community should be free to discuss whatever they want without vendor interjection - especially where they clearly have a horse in the race. I am happy to be corrected on what is considerable "standard protocol". Maybe there is no protocol...? Just my personal opinion and observation. Peace!
Well I tried to get a free set of lights (being silly) and got ignored. Not even a witty jab back or anything. Seems they only respond if you say something off color toward their product or they have something new to sell.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Regardless, an LED bulb in a standard reflector housing will come nowhere close to the output of the Oracle LED housings. A vendor trying to prevent the spread of false information is justified in my eyes, even if they do it to boost sales. An LED bulb in a reflector housing should be illegal.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Definitely not trying to shut down any discussion here, just want to provide accurate information for consumers and (of course) defend our product that is getting fantastic feedback from many Jeep owners. We joined as a sponsor to help inform your decisions, and we welcome any questions or concerns that we can help to clear up.

Well I tried to get a free set of lights (being silly) and got ignored. Not even a witty jab back or anything. Seems they only respond if you say something off color toward their product or they have something new to sell.
Whoops, missed your (very hilarious) joke in the shuffle...you can usually count on us for an equally silly response. We'll take your feedback into consideration for the future!

giphy.gif

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Definitely not trying to shut down any discussion here, just want to provide accurate information for consumers and (of course) defend our product that is getting fantastic feedback from many Jeep owners. We joined as a sponsor to help inform your decisions, and we welcome any questions or concerns that we can help to clear up.

Whoops, missed your (very hilarious) joke in the shuffle...you can usually count on us for an equally silly response. We'll take your feedback into consideration for the future!

giphy.gif
I like it.

As far as lighting goes, I see that you sell standalone LED bulbs for our Jeeps as well. How do your LED bulbs compare to you assemblies as far as pattern? I didn’t see pattern photos on the website. The video showing a pattern was not a Jeep housing.

I’m not busting your balls either. Genuinely curious because it’s a cheaper alternative.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I like it.

As far as lighting goes, I see that you sell standalone LED bulbs for our Jeeps as well. How do your LED bulbs compare to you assemblies as far as pattern? I didn’t see pattern photos on the website. The video showing a pattern was not a Jeep housing.

I’m not busting your balls either. Genuinely curious because it’s a cheaper alternative.
All good :muscle: I'm not sure that we have a pattern photo from a Jeep but will look through our files for you. While our bulbs do offer a very nice upgrade from stock lights, no bulb replacement can give you the superior cutoff and illumination that the Oculus can. The beam characteristics are not able to be replicated exactly. Bulbs are good; the Oculus is GREAT.

With bulbs, the aim is obviously important and can require you to play around more to get it right. The Oculus was designed to give you the best illumination possible with the most simple install.

aseemer

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee

giphy.gif
all good. Thanks for clarifying.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thanks - but that looks like a nice day after the snow has already fallen. There's not a lick of snow on those vehicles, not a bit- hoods and roofs all clean and clear.
I need to find something that can be used during the snow and ice coming down. It's a common problem among LED lights. Freezing rain covers the lights, hood, antenna, windshield, and LED lights don't run hot enough to melt it off like halogens and other old technology.
Non-LED lights, like halogen, etc. - generate heat at the lens that keeps the rain from freezing onto the surface of the lights. LEDs run too cool at the lens to stay clear and I should have thought about that before going LED. I didn't even think of the troubles I've had in the past with such lights freezing over in storms. (when you need them most)

Was hoping someone would come along and solve our freeze-up issue, keeping my eyes open. Today was spooky as the lights were completely iced over.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/premium-heated-led-projector-beam-headlights-jeep-wrangler-jl

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
There is a heated lens version of the popular Oculus headlights in the works, we will be posting more info very soon!

Xxtavixx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
There is a heated lens version of the popular Oculus headlights in the works, we will be posting more info very soon!
How long are you thinking, and will there be a cost for this? I'm in FL, but I do long road trips to AZ/CO/MI etc. Thanks!
Sponsored