GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know if these aux wires are already relayed? I'm hooking up a 20" light bar in the bumper.
Do I need to run the aux wire thru a realy or can it be hooked directly to the light bar power wire?
If a relay is needed then I would also need to use one of the power sources also found in the bundle with the switch wires?
Anybody know how I go about this? I bought a harness with a relay but maybe it's not needed?
Any help would be appreciated.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know if these aux wires are already relayed? I'm hooking up a 20" light bar in the bumper.
Do I need to run the aux wire thru a realy or can it be hooked directly to the light bar power wire?
If a relay is needed then I would also need to use one of the power sources also found in the bundle with the switch wires?
Anybody know how I go about this? I bought a harness with a relay but maybe it's not needed?
Any help would be appreciated.
It's covered in the owner's manual, and includes the color of each wire. They are fused and relayed. AUX 3 and 4 will supply 15 amps each, and 30 or 40 each for AUX 1 and 2. The relay and switch included with the lights can be used, but are not necessary.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
If you can have these remember the state they are in, could I use one wired to the auto stop disable. I could have it disabled all the time? Curious if anyone tried this yet. I am thinking about buying the switch bank for some lights but if this would work, I definitely would buy them.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you can have these remember the state they are in, could I use one wired to the auto stop disable. I could have it disabled all the time? Curious if anyone tried this yet. I am thinking about buying the switch bank for some lights but if this would work, I definitely would buy them.
The AUX switches make life easier for wiring lights and similar devices. If they could be used for ESS disable, someone would have already posted how to do it. One of the forum sponsors sells a device for about $120 that plugs in under the dash and takes care of the ESS issue.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Does anyone happen to know whether the user-customizability of the aux switches using Uconnect is or is not functional with the lowest-level Uconnect3? I think I'd seen an answer about that, but can't find my way back to it. I don't have the switches, but am thinking of getting the add-in-OEM version, but my decision may be affected in part by whether or not I can self-set the switch operation parameters. Thanks!

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why they did not throw an additional ignition wire under the hood like they did the interior wire bundle. Am I missing something? Is there ignition power somewhere by the battery to already tap off?
I bought an Oracle system that has a module that has a remote on/off function so see no reason to eat up an Aux button for something with a built in on/ off.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why they did not throw an additional ignition wire under the hood like they did the interior wire bundle. Am I missing something? Is there ignition power somewhere by the battery to already tap off?
I bought an Oracle system that has a module that has a remote on/off function so see no reason to eat up an Aux button for something with a built in on/ off.
The fuse box is next to the battery. All the access you need is there. Didn't the Oracle system come with wiring instructions?

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone happen to know whether the user-customizability of the aux switches using Uconnect is or is not functional with the lowest-level Uconnect3? I think I'd seen an answer about that, but can't find my way back to it. I don't have the switches, but am thinking of getting the add-in-OEM version, but my decision may be affected in part by whether or not I can self-set the switch operation parameters. Thanks!
Yes, it is available and programmed into the lowest level U Connect. Explore.....

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
The AUX switches make life easier for wiring lights and similar devices. If they could be used for ESS disable, someone would have already posted how to do it. One of the forum sponsors sells a device for about $120 that plugs in under the dash and takes care of the ESS issue.
Well, I ordered the switches and will post how to do it once I figure it out.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Well, I ordered the switches and will post how to do it once I figure it out.
I installed mine yesterday. Hardest part was getting a hole cut into the rubber grommet and whole harness fed through it, it definitely helps to have 2 people for this step so one can poke a coathanger or wire through the grommet from the cab and have the other person laying under the wheelwell looking up towards that area for the wire to protrude. I found that poking the wire through on the left side of the wire bundle (when looking at it from inside the cab) was the best route since the wire bundle immediately hooks to the right when it gets into the engine bay from the rubber grommet. There's a few more complex steps like depinning/pinning a couple harnesses, but the instructions are pretty straightforward. I'd recommend getting a depinning tool for the harness in the passenger footwell, I ended up just using a very narrow tweesers for that step to get the pin out of the harness. Remember to quadruple check all your wiring. When wrapping up, you also need to reinsert some plastic rivets into your wheel well liner; my steel/alum riveter didn't have a big enough grip set for the plastic rivets, so I had to get creative with a plyers to set the rivets, but I'm sure the dealership could just quick rivet those in place when you take it in to get your computer flashed to allow the buttons to actually work.

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I installed my Auxiliary Switch Bank today and it took a full 8 hours. The instructions are TERRIBLE, omitting a lot of critical info. They also direct you to connect to the battery before making final connections. So I kept hearing relay clicks and then noticed the terminals were hitting each other and sparking. Who knows how many fuses got blown! Not happy about being misled like that. I guess I won’t know until I get the dealer to flash me in two days. I’m also worried about this missing fuse business. And thanks for the tip about asking the dealer to button up the wheel well.

lbracket

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 1977 Toyota fj40
Hey guys...I have the mopar aux switch group, for the life of me I can’t find the interior wires, I went as far as completely removing the side panel, glove box, looked around carpet ect....did anyone else have a hard time finding them? Do you have any suggestions?

A83FFEF8-EBF1-4D2D-A7BE-707FBCDC7685.jpeg

23AD007E-B99A-4D56-9CE3-524F07DE29F6.jpeg

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Pop off the lower right kick trim. The leads should be tucked under there.
Sponsored