First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I'm divorcing my black Gladiator tomorrow morning. Will be hooking up with a Firecracker in place of. Had every intention of buying red initially and even had one on order. Then ended up bailing on my ordered unit because I test drove one with ACC and a few other goodies that I didn't order and had to have those goodies so settled on black against my better judgement. Thought Ceramic Pro paint protection would make the maintenance of a black vehicle easier but it really hasn't. I got tired of my black Jeep only looking good for a day or two and showing all the water spots and dust so I took advantage of several dealer's eagerness to do an end of the month, last day of the month deal. I am excited to finally be in the vehicle I should have been from day one. Stay tuned for pics.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I'm divorcing my black Gladiator tomorrow morning. Will be hooking up with a Firecracker in place of. Had every intention of buying red initially and even had one on order. Then ended up bailing on my ordered unit because I test drove one with ACC and a few other goodies that I didn't order and had to have those goodies so settled on black against my better judgement. Thought Ceramic Pro paint protection would make the maintenance of a black vehicle easier but it really hasn't. I got tired of my black Jeep only looking good for a day or two and showing all the water spots and dust so I took advantage of several dealer's eagerness to do an end of the month, last day of the month deal. I am excited to finally be in the vehicle I should have been from day one. Stay tuned for pics.
Welcome to the Firecraker Red club ;):rock::clap:

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Well I spoke prematurely on Friday night. I was all set to pick up a FC Red Rubicon on Saturday morning but when I got to the dealership I had a change of heart. The JT was in their delivery garage and the tonneau cover was all jacked up and there was road spray all along both sides of the truck. The tires had at least 5 layers of tire shine on however. I was thinking to myself "WTF?" Anyways, I took it for a test drive and I just wasn't feeling it. Something was off. Nine months ago when I started my JT adventure I was hooked on the FC Red. The first time I test drove a Gladiator it was a FC Red. I was supposed to buy a FC Red initially but came home with a black JT because the red one had tan seats and I really wanted the black with the red accents. For 6 months I lived thru buyer's remorse and finally got my opportunity to get a FC Red and something strange happened. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I worked the night before and was a bit tired. The weather was really gloomy, overcast and rainy. Maybe these factors came into play. At any rate, I told the salesman I was having second thoughts and was going to step back and go grab a cup of coffee. I did a little soul searching while I was gone and decided that the red just wasn't my color. So I informed my salesman and then went to option 2 which was either a granite crystal or a billet silver at a dealer across the state. They were both optioned the same and were the same price as the red one as I had negotiated simultaneous deals. I ended up deciding on Billet Silver. I'm happy with my choice but when I see a red JL or JT I think I would have been happy with red. Looking back I really think fatigue was a factor. I had about 8 hours sleep in a 48 hour timespan.

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Got her back from Spa Day’s...13 to be exact,but well worth the wait.
Paint protection film added as a front quarter bra,front rockers (behind the fenders), and door hinges all protected.
Next the tailgate was wrapped extending around the tail lights.
Finally entire truck was coated with Ceramic Pro Silver Package with 5 year warranty.

B576E6BA-3B75-4315-8185-B187E5497856.jpeg

4E78D4DE-B808-48C3-8EAF-9582A2C3A3EF.jpeg

699DB974-DCB9-4B16-A762-849BCB9F7873.jpeg

6AB1636D-E3A7-4FED-9014-54472F9F7C94.jpeg

2EB137ED-20B9-4B8E-A6C3-C1FDD7B94971.jpeg

A5DC1ABE-8283-49B7-B7F6-B576497D97D6.jpeg

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Well I spoke prematurely on Friday night. I was all set to pick up a FC Red Rubicon on Saturday morning but when I got to the dealership I had a change of heart. The JT was in their delivery garage and the tonneau cover was all jacked up and there was road spray all along both sides of the truck. The tires had at least 5 layers of tire shine on however. I was thinking to myself "WTF?" Anyways, I took it for a test drive and I just wasn't feeling it. Something was off. Nine months ago when I started my JT adventure I was hooked on the FC Red. The first time I test drove a Gladiator it was a FC Red. I was supposed to buy a FC Red initially but came home with a black JT because the red one had tan seats and I really wanted the black with the red accents. For 6 months I lived thru buyer's remorse and finally got my opportunity to get a FC Red and something strange happened. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I worked the night before and was a bit tired. The weather was really gloomy, overcast and rainy. Maybe these factors came into play. At any rate, I told the salesman I was having second thoughts and was going to step back and go grab a cup of coffee. I did a little soul searching while I was gone and decided that the red just wasn't my color. So I informed my salesman and then went to option 2 which was either a granite crystal or a billet silver at a dealer across the state. They were both optioned the same and were the same price as the red one as I had negotiated simultaneous deals. I ended up deciding on Billet Silver. I'm happy with my choice but when I see a red JL or JT I think I would have been happy with red. Looking back I really think fatigue was a factor. I had about 8 hours sleep in a 48 hour timespan.
LOL, Idk what to tell you. I guess if you are not taking a financial hit might as well play the swap game. But, from black to GCM to FCR to Billet Silver sounds rather boring. I find silver to be such a neutral color.... but again this is totally subjective and you might find it to be amazing of course. Hopefully, you enjoy it and not have buyer's remorse again. Red was my third choice after Gator and Gobi but I couldn't wait so I got the LE in Red. When I look at Gator now I do covet it hahaha. But, I am happy with my red choice though...

levitynyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I had a black Infiniti. Black is the worst color ever.

Looks dirty in 10 minutes plus you see every single swirl mark.

Never again.
Sponsored