Sponsored

Molle bed panels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1999 Jeep TJ, 2018 Mercedes GLS450
After several weeks ordering I received the side Molle panels. Pleased with fit and finish. Unfortunately I could only install one side because of missing hardware. Sent email and placed phone message and never received response. Was able to call again and reach someone there that said they would send the missing parts. No email or other indication that is actually happening though. Hopefully the bed rack that is on the way has all the hardware. FYI there are no instructions. Must refer to YouTube.

C66D85D2-2EC6-4B4F-B2E9-3111536FDB5F.jpeg

533365CD-2963-4E65-A122-DDA9B1D06661.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
After several weeks ordering I received the side Molle panels. Pleased with fit and finish. Unfortunately I could only install one side because of missing hardware. Sent email and placed phone message and never received response. Was able to call again and reach someone there that said they would send the missing parts. No email or other indication that is actually happening though. Hopefully the bed rack that is on the way has all the hardware. FYI there are no instructions. Must refer to YouTube.

So sorry that we missed this post! Didn't see the notification for some reason. I will have customer support figure out what is going on with the replacement hardware. Sorry for the hassle!
~Daryl

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at these. I like the form-fitting back panels, but there are some oddities. First, why not make a 1 piece panel? Yes, you'd need to have a left/right side option to keep the logo correct. Would affect inventory/ship time a little, but ordering is an easy fix. Given that you can't just order the rear section separately, doesn't seem to be a point to a 2-piece design. No seam would be so much cleaner, especially since you went to the trouble of making the form fitting design in the back section. Second, why shiny metal bolt heads? Flat black would blend in.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at these. I like the form-fitting back panels, but there are some oddities. First, why not make a 1 piece panel? Yes, you'd need to have a left/right side option to keep the logo correct. Would affect inventory/ship time a little, but ordering is an easy fix. Given that you can't just order the rear section separately, doesn't seem to be a point to a 2-piece design. No seam would be so much cleaner, especially since you went to the trouble of making the form fitting design in the back section. Second, why shiny metal bolt heads? Flat black would blend in.
The side-panels aren't 1 piece? I can't tell from the pics. I would want a 1-piece side panel design.

I would've thought the right and left side panels would be the same as I assume the dimensions are the same. Who cares about the logo being backwards (if they used 1 panel for both R & L)?!

And matching black hardware is a must.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
The side-panels aren't 1 piece? I can't tell from the pics. I would want a 1-piece side panel design.

I would've thought the right and left side panels would be the same as I assume the dimensions are the same. Who cares about the logo being backwards (if they used 1 panel for both R & L)?!

And matching black hardware is a must.
They are two-piece because of shipping. Shipping full panels is not only more costly, but they would be bent/damaged more often.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I understand it, but that unfortunately means a pass - or at least a heavy de-prioritization in the modification schedule.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I understand it, but that unfortunately means a pass - or at least a heavy de-prioritization in the modification schedule.
Note: I dig my JCR panels. They fit well. I have already done some pretty heavy wheeling - mud, rock, sand dunes, and no noise and my tools do not move. I do not perceive any issue with the two piece. Here are some pics.

I just strap my day ice chest on top of the tools (not shown), that is why I left a lot of strap rubber for the fire extinguisher. The ice chest is strapped against these rubber straps and nothing moves, everything is protected. I have ratchet straps for the Air Compressor (Viair 440p) and the Safe Jack (General) .

I am running a 3 fold tonneau cover now for security (not shown, Rugged Ridge Armis Line-X Folding cover) and I am very happy with the JCR Molle panels and the overall look with Line-X, space availability, tool storage, and the complete lack of any noise during bumps and wheeling. I hate to hear tools rattling around in the back when I am wheeling. lol...

Pics Updated - 9/9/2020

Jeep Gladiator Molle bed panels 2oK0LU

Jeep Gladiator Molle bed panels F5IkWZ

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Note: I dig my JCR panels. They fit well. I have already done some pretty heavy wheeling - mud, rock, sand dunes, and no noise and my tools do not move. I do not perceive any issue with the two piece. Here are some pics.

I also strapped an additional flashlight to the back (not shown) and I just strap my day ice chest on top of the tools (not shown), that is why I left a lot of strap rubber for the fire extinguisher. The ice chest is strapped against these rubber straps and nothing moves, everything is protected. I also added another ratchet strap to the shovel side/Air Compressor (Viair 440p) to make sure I have enough ratchet straps to inflate a tire that has lost a bead.

I am running a 3 fold tonneau cover now for security (not shown, Rugged Ridge Armis Line-X Folding cover) and I am very happy with the JCR Molle panels and the overall look with Line-X, space availability, tool storage, and the complete lack of any noise during bumps and wheeling. I hate to hear tools rattling around in the back when I am wheeling. lol...

View attachment 54751

View attachment 54752

Nice and thanks for the post. It's still a lot of money per side to strap some stuff in place

henmar77

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

what keeps this thing from moving or shaking since there is no attachment on the bottom?

MENCH

First Name
Dabid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
THOSE LOOK GREAT! I am ordering some today. Any discounts available to forum members?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
what keeps this thing from moving or shaking since there is no attachment on the bottom?
They are beefy and do not rattle or move... All the mounts on the top make them sturdy. There are tabs welded in at the bottom that you put rubber stops on. So, if you press on the panels, they still stay the correct distance from the bed.
If you take a strap and put it on one of the bottom squares and hook it up to another bottom square on the other side, you can pull the panels out a few inches at the bottom. I mostly do not use the molle panels for cross bed strapping. For moving big items with the tonneau cover up, I use the strap mounts on the rails. As expected, for cross bed strapping, the higher square you use on the Molle panel, the more sturdy and less "pull out" from the molle panels. For light loads, under the tonneau, I have used the molle panels for some light tension cross bed strapping, but, they are not really designed to be used that way.

gladius.jt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 Jeep Wrangler

I also strapped an additional flashlight to the back (not shown) and I just strap my day ice chest on top of the tools (not shown), that is why I left a lot of strap rubber for the fire extinguisher. The ice chest is strapped against these rubber straps and nothing moves, everything is protected. I also added another ratchet strap to the shovel side/Air Compressor (Viair 440p) to make sure I have enough ratchet straps to inflate a tire that has lost a bead.

View attachment 54751

View attachment 54752
What/how did you install the maxtrax with? Any pics of that to share here too? Thx.

BTW, I just ordered two sets of the JCR side-bed molle racks. Looking forward to adding some essential tools and such. I keep my tow step(s) and winching gear inside behind the seat presently or in a Bartact molle bag hanging on the back of the drivers seat. I'd like to be able to mount my Powertank too, so i can swap it back and forth with my JK.
Sponsored