Sponsored

Roofnest Condor Roof top tent

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OK, tent came today!

i-T3PSz7q-M.png

Rack/rails installed

i-8LBLRHq-M.png

Brackets fit really well

i-qHSvRbP-M.png

Fits great and is nice and low profile

i-s5nkL82-M.png

Open

i-sVnmZdr-M.png

Interior
i-FpqKXkW-M.png

Ill let you all know how it goes once I use it more but so far it is really nice!

Gimme a shout if you have any questions

-Daniel

Hey Daniel, thanks for posting your info on the Condor! Looks great!

When you have time please post up some closer up and larger pics of the unit closed and open. I'm trying to understand how the Condor works - I assume it flips over to larger size once the top cover is tipped/opened?

I'm very curious about the sizes of the unit closed and open and what the actual mattress size is. Any help you can provide will be most appreciated!

Keep us posted on your impressions and use. thanks again! -Dan
Sponsored

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Hey, I will get some more images.

If you look at:

That shows a iKamper Skycamp mini, but the setup is the same and the interior looks the same. The top hard cover looks a bit nicer on the iKamper though I will have to say.

Thanks
Daniel

TylereWithAnE

First Name
Tylere
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey, I will get some more images.

If you look at:

That shows a iKamper Skycamp mini, but the setup is the same and the interior looks the same. The top hard cover looks a bit nicer on the iKamper though I will have to say.

Thanks
Daniel
Hey Daniel are you able to close a sleeping bag in there?

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Here are a few answers you asked for.

I am opening it up in the driveway to clean out the slight smell in it.

Close up of exterior, latches

i-2KbrBqB-M.png

Door / Opening

i-P3qBzC8-M.png

Interior

i-Bk54NCF-M.png

Mattress width

i-cvNSGbp-M.png

Mattress length

i-cJNMkPs-M.png

I would guess that you could keep some minimal bedding in it but not too much. I'll test with a sleeping bag later

Thanks

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
That Condor may change my plans a bit. I was planning on the Eagle or the like style Tepui once i figured out my rack. This fitting all on/in the bed (and able to use a tonneau cover!) is intriguing. What’s the set up time? Searched the web and can’t see any available videos of it in action....

Sponsored

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
That Condor may change my plans a bit. I was planning on the Eagle or the like style Tepui once i figured out my rack. This fitting all on/in the bed (and able to use a tonneau cover!) is intriguing. What’s the set up time? Searched the web and can’t see any available videos of it in action....
Hey, have a look at the iKamper Skycamp mini youtube video I posted. It shows the setup time and this is the same. Super fast. The poles in the awning areas take longer than the tent deployment.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, have a look at the iKamper Skycamp mini youtube video I posted. It shows the setup time and this is the same. Super fast. The poles in the awning areas take longer than the tent deployment.
Will do! Thanks. Didn’t realize they were that similar.

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
What is the height under the tent from the ground with that rack. Can you walk under it when deployed?

OP
OP

DanielM3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
What is the height under the tent from the ground with that rack. Can you walk under it when deployed?
It will be roughly the height of the top of your rack to the ground. I think mine is roughly 5ft

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would guess that you could keep some minimal bedding in it but not too much. I'll test with a sleeping bag later

Thanks
Will love to know if a sleeping bag or like blanket could be left in there like it could in most of Roofnests other offerings...looking forward to the answer. I noticed in the video you posted that the reviewer said it was a very tight fit, but I'm wondering if that is only due to his second layering of mattress foam....

A few questions if you don't mind:

• Up until the Condor (and seeing that short rack of yours that allows the tonneau cover) I was sold on the Eagle...how's the stability of the flip out piece? I'm guessing its engineered right, as many RTT use that design, but Ive never experienced it....

• Condor has two side windows with awnings...does the window closest to cab function with that low rise rack?

• I see you have what looks like the roll-up tonneau cover...can you confirm that it does in fact still function?

• One last (at least for now) question: how's the water seal looking on the skylight? In a place that rains a lot (so my camping will be moist), I like the idea of the solid roof so I only have to worry about the sides....

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to address any of these questions...I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheMission

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Great pictures and information! Thanks for the post. How easy is it to roll and unroll the tonneau cover when fully installed? Also, any vision out of the rear view at that height, or would raising it 4- 6 inches give more sight? I already ordered (and received today) the condor tent and was going to make my final decision on a rack after making some measurements.

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Hey guys,

Its Corey, from Torro Offroad. I just thought you guys should know that the SkyLux and SkyLux Bantam (smaller version) come with the Annex Room, Awning, and Insulation (at no additional cost).

Please feel free to reach out if you have ANY questions.

*Yes, we launched last year, prior to many of the other companies selling similar products.

We offer a military discount and a discount for forum members.

v/r,

Corey J.
[email protected]
(888) 585-1245
https://www.torro-offroad.comJeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}
Jeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Hey guys,

Its Corey, from Torro Offroad. I just thought you guys should know that the SkyLux and SkyLux Bantam (smaller version) come with the Annex Room, Awning, and Insulation (at no additional cost).

*Yes, we launched last year, prior to many of the other companies selling similar products.

We offer a military discount and a discount for forum members.

v/r,

Corey J.
[email protected]
(888) 585-1245
https://www.torro-offroad.comJeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}
Jeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}
Maybe I totally missed it on you website, but what mattress thickness comes with your tent? Condensation mat?

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Maybe I totally missed it on you website, but what mattress thickness comes with your tent? Condensation mat?
Hey, the mattress thickness is 2". Unlike other "foam" mattresses, we use high density foam. It recovers quickly and helps fight the (sagging) that generally causes sore spots.

We don't include a condensation mat specifically but the insulation that goes under the mattress can be used for that purpose.

Thanks for asking.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Looks interesting the more i look at this fold out style...notice “free shipping” to continental US....do you actually mean continental, or do you mean contiguous? On far too many occasions I have to explain to companies, that yes, Alaska is part of the US and in fact, continental. If not, what would shipping to AK actually cost (Roofnest for example proudly brags $350 to Alaska, but in actuality was going to be almost $1200 for me).

Inquiring minds.....
Sponsored