Sponsored

Max Tow Performance - 20ft Boat

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
No, I am very happy with the Sport S tow package performance. We towed the 3400 lbs trailer about 80 miles across country two lane roads going over the coast hills to Ft. Bragg CA from Humbolt area, worked great. We were taking 180-degree switchbacks in some places and start 90-120 degree turns in others, going both up and down the coastal mountains. It was a grand drive, nice scenery in the redwood forest, and their was little to no traffic on this back road trip to get to Hwy 1 from 101, instead of staying on Hwy 101 to Hwy 20, which is more traffic and less woods area, and a more populated route.

My only comment was to see if adding Max tow springs would keep the JT level with the trailer hitched up. A 1/4-1/2 drop past level is no big deal, just curious.
Cheers
To be clear, I was responding to the OP, not you. Sorry for the confusion. I should have quoted his post.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
OK, now worries... as for the OP, I think is old 22-foot boat is water logged, which early fiberglass boats had a tendency to do if left in the water most of the time. His trailer tongue seems a lot lower that 1-2 inch drop, which would account for some of his towing issues. He should take the rig to a scale and have it weighed, instead of guessing what it is, based on a new dry boat weight of similar size.
Cheers

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Here is a picture of the fender flare on the Max Tow that TrailHiker was referencing to. It starts just a few inches above the mud flap.This is the same JT shown with the Scamp trailer above only now the tires are different and the Rubicon rock rails installed.
Resized_20191127_115859_4379.jpeg

I like the Scamp for my needs, weekends at the gun club.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Looking good...
Cheers
Sponsored