Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oil Field (Retired Infantry Marine)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm late to this thread and I haven't read all the posts but if you're saying you got: 4.5 inch Skyjacker lift with installation, 40x13.50 cooper stt pro tires, Black rhino mag wheels, xrc bumper, and a badlands winch all for $5,000 I'm calling BS. Unless you have discount price connections I don't believe that total price.
Do I really need to post receipts man, I kept them in case I had to explain this to my wife, but surprisingly I'm having to prove it to you instead, it will only embarrass you and waste my time. I did buy the winch at harbor freight on black Friday but that was only $100 less that day,and I opted out of the shocks which made my lift only cost about $900, you can call four wheel parts and ask and tell them you want the kit without shocks, i used extensions for my fox shocks,got the bumper at forwheel parts black friday also for under $300 and the black rhino wheels mag type which nobody has been buying so fourwheel parts had them for $230 each, you can google 40x13.50 cooper tires and see that even walmart sells them for like $430....but if you cant bargain shop and need me to hold your hand and show you these receipts let me know
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiation

Gladiation

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at his thread, post 6, where he identifies the cost. I have no reason to doubt this fellow:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-gladiator-rubicon-on-40s-for-5-000.26287/
Hey thanks man, I did get some good deals but it just means looking around and sometimes getting something you are not totally crazy about for example the mag wheels I didn't want them and the 4wheel parts guy was like i have them in stock at the main warehouse and they can be here within 24 hours but the wheels i wanted would take maybe 2 weeks because everyone was buying the black rhino military style wheel I preferred. Turns out once these mag wheels arrived I was actually glad I bought them the bronze look is really sharp in person, no longer a desire to paint red, gonna leave them bronze, the quality is good also.

OP
OP
Gladiation

Gladiation

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm late to this thread and I haven't read all the posts but if you're saying you got: 4.5 inch Skyjacker lift with installation, 40x13.50 cooper stt pro tires, Black rhino mag wheels, xrc bumper, and a badlands winch all for $5,000 I'm calling BS. Unless you have discount price connections I don't believe that total price.
Also I was charged $700 for install but sold the mechanic that worked there my wheels for $700 so it kind of paid for itself, I had zero plans for those stock wheels, so actually i did this entire build for like $4700 then added lights later that i got for free from my brother for Christmas but Lights were not part of my build posted in photo.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at his thread, post 6, where he identifies the cost. I have no reason to doubt this fellow:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-gladiator-rubicon-on-40s-for-5-000.26287/

Here's what he posted and apparently, anything is possible :surprised:
There's frugal, there's cheap, there's anything to save $ and then, there's this :lipssealed: category...

1. Skyjacker 4.5 inch lift, 3 inch rear spring and 4.5 front, normally $1,150, I paid about $900 because I opted out of the cheap shocks
2. Stock axles and gears stock 4.10... working great thus far with no plans to regear, this Jeep hauls A$$ faster than it ran stock
3. 40x13.50 cooper discover sst pro $430 each... love these tires, already have 5k miles with zero signs of wear
4. Black Rhino mag wheels bronze $230 each
5. XRC bumper...bargain price on black friday $269
6. Badlands 12k lbs winch, another black friday bargain at harbor freight was only $289.
7. Currently only running 2 inch shock extensions up front, full flex no issues
8. Rear flexes well but shocks are limited on down stroke to prevent my break lines from stretching, I have the brake line extensions and will add once I decide on shocks, maybe Bilstein just waiting on the right time and price
9. I made a rock guard for the winshield, my last three jeeps all had windshield damage so I made this mod the day I bought it

If he's running 4.5" lift with 2" spacers up front and stock rear shocks :facepalm: well, there's at least 4 reasons to be concerned

And saying his Jeep with 40x13.50 tires "hauls A$$ faster than it ran stock" :computerrage: Well, unless it's careening down a mountain or was pushed out of an airplane that isn't physically possible without some "assistance"

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.51.25 AM.png

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
There's frugal, there's cheap, there's anything to save $ and then, there's this :lipssealed: category...

1. Skyjacker 4.5 inch lift, 3 inch rear spring and 4.5 front, normally $1,150, I paid about $900 because I opted out of the cheap shocks
2. Stock axles and gears stock 4.10... working great thus far with no plans to regear, this Jeep hauls A$$ faster than it ran stock
3. 40x13.50 cooper discover sst pro $430 each... love these tires, already have 5k miles with zero signs of wear
6. Badlands 12k lbs winch, another black friday bargain at harbor freight was only $289.
8. Rear flexes well but shocks are limited on down stroke to prevent my break lines from stretching, I have the brake line extensions and will add once I decide on shocks, maybe Bilstein just waiting on the right time and price
9. I made a rock guard for the winshield, my last three jeeps all had windshield damage so I made this mod the day I bought it

If he's running 4.5" lift with 2" spacers up front and stock rear shocks :facepalm: well, there's at least 4 reasons to be concerned

And saying his Jeep with 40x13.50 tires "hauls A$$ faster than it ran stock" :computerrage: Well, unless it's careening down a mountain or was pushed out of an airplane that isn't physically possible without some "assistance"

Full video explanation here. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-gladiator-rubicon-on-40s-for-5-000.26287/

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
That's a 2016 JKU - how is that hideous, way over-priced Jeep relevant to this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.17.28 PM.png
Lets see - Dealer added modifications, Over priced and lacking in value that was on a Jeep that was considered in demand. Answers a earlier post on capitalism setting its on level - i.e. this isn't going to sell until priced to what the market will bear - Less likely now that new model is out -

Cheers

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's a 2016 JKU - how is that hideous, way over-priced Jeep relevant to this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.17.28 PM.png
Exactly.

Still also not sure why some are worried about a price on a vehicle on a lot - a vehicle they have no interest in, no intention of buying, and yet are concerned about the asking price when it has no impact on anything or anyone. Funny how something like that sitting there unsold is suddenly relevant to anything. Apparently the dealership doesn't care - why should anyone else.
It will sell or it won't. OR are we suggesting prices should be set?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiation

Gladiation

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

0-60 is definitely slower after doing a timed run, but I'm still very pleased with the torque and top speed, I've had it up to 106 mph in Mexico of course. In regards to stock shocks in the rear and 2 inch extensions up front that is temporary but for now seems to flex well so not too concerned.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Do I really need to post receipts man, I kept them in case I had to explain this to my wife, but surprisingly I'm having to prove it to you instead, it will only embarrass you and waste my time. I did buy the winch at harbor freight on black Friday but that was only $100 less that day,and I opted out of the shocks which made my lift only cost about $900, you can call four wheel parts and ask and tell them you want the kit without shocks, i used extensions for my fox shocks,got the bumper at forwheel parts black friday also for under $300 and the black rhino wheels mag type which nobody has been buying so fourwheel parts had them for $230 each, you can google 40x13.50 cooper tires and see that even walmart sells them for like $430....but if you cant bargain shop and need me to hold your hand and show you these receipts let me know
People on here wanna argue over everything. I 100% believe you. If you put in the work and track shit down, you can get super good deals. I paid $3500 for a fox 2 in lift, 37 in bfg km3's, 18 in mozambique black rhinos, 1 in teraflex spacer, and installation for all. It can be done and Im 100% sure you got it done.

Just went to make an appointment for oil change and looked at some Gladiators on the lot. Max tow with 2 in lift and 37's for 70,000. Pretty crazy. Couldn't imagine being stupid enough to pay that.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if the OP ever re-geared his poor Gladiator running 40" tires on stock gears?

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
And then wonder why people refer to them as stealerships.
I completely understand your sentiment...one hundred percent. But it’s never ”stealing” when people are willing to pay any price for these mods—these Jeeps...are....selling!!
Sponsored