MWD

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
961D8BAC-7025-47EF-86F9-969220244CF3.jpeg
7AE53DC7-0105-4921-9701-9968E803FD9A.jpeg
Ugh, my stock steering stabilizer went out on me. Yesterday on my way home from work I was driving at approx 40-45mph, drove over bump in road and developed a pretty serious wobble or shimmy. It was dark when I got home so I checked my stabilizer this morning...its blown. My drive home from work tonight, same thing, same spot on the road at about the same speed.

Our last trip to the desert involved a lot of driving high speed through washes which werent smooth so I guess the stock stabilizer couldnt handle it.

I dont want another stock and had planned in the future to upgrade so I wont be taking it to the dealership for warranty.

Is this the recomended upgraded stabilizer or is there another I should be looking at? I need to order it asap as this is my dd and drive 37 miles each way.
If it gets here this week I can install it friday.
Thanks for this thread and any extra info.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
961D8BAC-7025-47EF-86F9-969220244CF3.jpeg
7AE53DC7-0105-4921-9701-9968E803FD9A.jpeg
Ugh, my stock steering stabilizer went out on me. Yesterday on my way home from work I was driving at approx 40-45mph, drove over bump in road and developed a pretty serious wobble or shimmy. It was dark when I got home so I checked my stabilizer this morning...its blown. My drive home from work tonight, same thing, same spot on the road at about the same speed.

Our last trip to the desert involved a lot of driving high speed through washes which werent smooth so I guess the stock stabilizer couldnt handle it.

I dont want another stock and had planned in the future to upgrade so I wont be taking it to the dealership for warranty.

Is this the recomended upgraded stabilizer or is there another I should be looking at? I need to order it asap as this is my dd and drive 37 miles each way.
If it gets here this week I can install it friday.
Thanks for this thread and any extra info.
Ive tried the IFP and the ATS ( the same as the one you listed but adjustable) and I got better results with the IFP: https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...ce-series-ifp-steering-stabilizer-wrangler-jl

I found steering and stability to be better with the IFP. It’s a true stock swap out with the same two major mount points as the stock one.

I am NOT a fan of how the though-shaft versions mount, with two tiny, low torqued screws on one side with bracket (attached picture). In your situation where your stabilizer failed, would you depend on these two little screws, with lock tight to hold together? I wouldn’t!!! Poor design in my opinion!

The ATS also caused me some steering issues (one sided pull and steering wheel off center).

My only advice with the IFP install is to prime it by turning lock to lock (side to side), 5 times, taking at least one second per evolution. This helps ensure the neutral charging of the stabilizer.

07E11041-74A9-44CB-9A9B-000E98D52C46.jpeg

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Ive tried the IFP and the ATS ( the same as the one you listed but adjustable) and I got better results with the IFP: https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...ce-series-ifp-steering-stabilizer-wrangler-jl

I found steering and stability to be better with the IFP. It’s a true stock swap out with the same two major mount points as the stock one.

I am NOT a fan of how the though-shaft versions mount, with two tiny, low torqued screws on one side with bracket (attached picture). In your situation where your stabilizer failed, would you depend on these two little screws, with lock tight to hold together? I wouldn’t!!! Poor design in my opinion!

The ATS also caused me some steering issues (one sided pull and steering wheel off center).

My only advice with the IFP install is to prime it by turning lock to lock (side to side), 5 times, taking at least one second per evolution. This helps ensure the neutral charging of the stabilizer.

07E11041-74A9-44CB-9A9B-000E98D52C46.jpeg
Much appreciated, exactly the info I needed, just ordered through Amazon, supposed to be here Friday, (fingers crossed).
Thank you

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Does the Synergy relocation kit attach to the drag link or the tie-rod? I’m a newb so please pardon my ignorance. Would the new attachment point improve handling or help deter shimmy or wobble? If so I’ll get it and install that as well.

Last edited:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Does the Synergy relocation kit attach to the drag link or the tie-rod? I’m a newb so please pardon my ignorance. Would the new attachment point improve handling or help deter shimmy or wobble? If so I’ll get it and install that as well.
It attaches to the trackbar at the axle side and then you clamp the other end to the tie rod... the jk’s did this this for all their years. For the JL and JT Jeep changed it to what we have.

IMO, you can get the steering stabilizer up above the tie rod so you don’t hit it off road... or if you hit a concrete curb if it went too far.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It attaches to the trackbar at the axle side and then you clamp the other end to the tie rod... the jk’s did this this for all their years. For the JL and JT Jeep changed it to what we have.

IMO, you can get the steering stabilizer up above the tie rod so you don’t hit it off road... or if you hit a concrete curb if it went too far.
For clarity, it attaches to the track bar bracket, not the actual track bar.

Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
It’s says ifp is for lift range of 1.5-2.5. Will it fit on a stock non lifted gladiator?

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
New stabilizer arrived today, straight forward install. Took about 15 minutes total. Shimmy is gone, wobble gone. The stock stabilzer was shot. Thanks for the link and tips @danielspivey and everyone else who provided advise and knowledge throughout this thread. I’ll wait on the relocation kit for now, at least until I upgrade more steering components.
956BB9A1-CD2A-4CCE-A14B-75CECF44BAF7.jpeg

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I hate the way my stock Overland wanders on the hwy. I just ordered the Fox IFP 985-24-173 referenced above. Its fine around town so I don't think its my steering box. I really hope it helps. If this doesn't help, I'll get that synergy brace.

I also hope it doesn't make the steering crazy stiff on a stock Jeep. I don't have the money for bigger tires right now. A little stiffer would actually be good...
Sponsored