Hidden Falls?

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
The wife and I are headed to Hidden Falls adventure park this Fri/Sat. Anyone been that can share any insights? Will be taking my mostly stock Sport S for the first time. Looking forward to getting it a little dirty!
Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Ride the outer fence and park roads. Are some easier trails that you should have no problems with. Stop at the waterfall and snap a picture.

OP
OP
Texas_Gladiator

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ride the outer fence and park roads. Are some easier trails that you should have no problems with. Stop at the waterfall and snap a picture.
Cool, will do! As far as the trail ratings go, you think 1-2 level difficulty would be ok? I've never been so not really sure how their ratings work. Thanks!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Just go with what your comfortable with. Most of the more difficult trails have a bypass if you don't like what you see.
You should be fine with most of the level 3's in a stock Gladiator, just stay away from Bronco Buster(And any of the tighter trails through the creekbeds). Everytime I go on that trail someone in the group ends up leaving behind a taillight/fender etc.

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a motocross race this weekend so part of the park is closed off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texas_Gladiator

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a motocross race this weekend so part of the park is closed off.
Yeah, I saw that. I messaged them on Facebook and they said only the "east" side full-size trails are open Fri/Sat but that we should be good to go. I am assuming the bike race is in it's own, separate area.

BrianEl

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Hidden Falls is in my back yard, haven't made it over in my Gladiator yet. My boys baseball has been filling my weekends. Been there with my Humvee, lots of trails get a map. Yeah the enduro race is in the a totally separate area from the Jeep trails.

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to try and make it out Saturday, have to check the home schedule.

OP
OP
Texas_Gladiator

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hidden Falls is in my back yard, haven't made it over in my Gladiator yet. My boys baseball has been filling my weekends. Been there with my Humvee, lots of trails get a map. Yeah the enduro race is in the a totally separate area from the Jeep trails.
Make this weekend the first and let's get some JT's out there!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texas_Gladiator

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was it? Was it worth the drive over there? Suffer any trail damage?
We had a great time! I would say definitely check it out. Honestly I don't have a lot of comparison to share as this was my first time at an "offroad park." It was very dusty, rocky, dry. Dust everywhere, and I mean every nook and cranny of the Gladiator lol. Lots of different trails to pick from, marked fairly well and ranked by difficulty. We stuck to level 1/2 trails and maybe one level 3. No damage, the Gladiator handled herself very well I thought. We aired down the tires and off we went.

Only thing I would say is, there were a couple times that we were going along a level 1/2 trail and then all of the sudden there would be a drop-off or a super steep hill and I was thinking "yeah, no!" So we turned around and went back. But overall, it was fun. There was some big motocross race there and supposedly several Jeep groups but we honestly hardly saw anyone the whole time we were there. Felt like we had the place to ourselves.

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
If you’re military, check out the Ft Hood Chapter of Military Jeepers. They play there quite a bit. Fun park.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Will be going there Sat 1-18-20 with a friend on a RAM Rebel. I know the place very well from a dirt bike. Took my '03 Rubicon there last year and didn't find much to play with unless it included more danger than I was willing to take. We'll see this week end, just want to give it a little test.
Sponsored